QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hello guys
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Hello guys » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Hello guysPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It feels very good to be back. How is everybody? lets see how many names i can remember roarkiller, husky, saddletank, orphic otaki or is it okapi, calforsale, wikidkid, nc, fff, kazegami, fenkashi, captain george, arren. how are you guys? time flies, doesn't it? three months like a blink of an eye. however i have been very busy with my engineering studies.it is my midterm break now.(only seven days 4 days already passed) Now writting a assignment report on internal combustion engine(nope i am not studying in mechanical engineering its like you have to study other department's subject in first year.).

But the thing is i can not find a single info about the next ghibli movie.other than which was already available.

and is poppy hill coming to usa ( you know that increases my chances to see it, if you know what i mean).

Looking(actually sitting) forward to hearing from you.

your friend(may or may not be)

saviour2012

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.02.2012, 02:14 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi, saviour...good to see you again...

I don't know anything about the latest Ghibli films coming out other than hearing about Poppy Hill beiing in the works, if not out already...

again, WB

07.02.2012, 05:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is the highlight of my day. Welcome back Saviour

*Awaits impending controversial threads*

07.02.2012, 09:45 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Saviour, I'm Mush. It's nice to have you back. I was away last time when you were here, so we didn't have the chance to meet, but some of your conversations looked very interesting.

What kind of engineering are you studying?

07.03.2012, 02:32 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by captain george

07.03.2012, 02:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
Hi Saviour, I'm Mush. It's nice to have you back. I was away last time when you were here, so we didn't have the chance to meet, but some of your conversations looked very interesting.

What kind of engineering are you studying?

Hello mush
its very nice meeting with you. hope you are doing great.

i study in Computer Science and Engineering. There are three engineering students here in my observation me, roar, and most probably leonboy .

enough about me . what about you where do you live and what do you do?

sincerely.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.03.2012, 04:35 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome back, saviour. I'm sure it'll be interesting ^^

07.03.2012, 05:23 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by captain george

07.03.2012, 07:16 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.03.2012, 04:41 PM.

07.03.2012, 04:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You guys...

I'm an engineering student too (that's why I was curious). I study mechatronics engineering, which is a crossover between electrical and mechanical. I live in Canada, where I grew up, but soon I'll be going to the USA for graduate school.

Post last edited by Mush on 07.03.2012, 11:13 PM.

07.03.2012, 11:12 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
You guys...

I'm an engineering student too (that's why I was curious). I study mechatronics engineering, which is a crossover between electrical and mechanical. I live in Canada, where I grew up, but soon I'll be going to the USA for graduate school.

That is awesome

i am also a member of mechatronics club in my university. thinking of building a robot for the next nasa lunar robot competition.

it is great that someone from that subject is right here. That is a great subject you can have a great future. btw i am only in my freshman's year in the university(4 year course). what about you? i know roar is about two year from graduation. Looks like a lot of engineers like ghibli movies cause i found out a lot of my friend saw spirited away.

Sincerely

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.04.2012, 01:40 AM.

07.04.2012, 01:05 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

Hello saddletank

hope you are not very happy to see me again.hahaha

But i like you . you remind me of someone very close to me.
take care. i hope you are doing great

07.04.2012, 01:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi!

07.04.2012, 07:51 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahahah oh god saviour, welcome back? :')

07.04.2012, 11:14 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Wikidkid101
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.27.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wikidkid101 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome back saviour, it should be interesting to see how many debates you start this time!! Again welcome back, I hope to be posting more as well now my exams are over just if anyone wondered why I had very rarely posted!

Anyway, this stuff about poppy hill, we have hit a bit of a snag, I read somewhere that the contract between ghibli and Disney has ended with the making of Arrietty. Whether it will be renewed I do not know. I don't see why it shouldn't be but as Disney handles a lot of the advertising this would explain why we have seen and heard very little!!

Again welcome back!!! Hope the studying is going well!!

Post last edited by Wikidkid101 on 07.04.2012, 01:35 PM.

07.04.2012, 01:34 PM Wikidkid101 is offline   Profile for Wikidkid101 Add Wikidkid101 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

hello nc,calforsale and wikikid.

hope you are doing great.

I was actually thinking that disney will be with ghibli. it is for disney that we found oscar winner spirited away. So it will be very bad if this relationship breaks. As i know tokuma shoten the producing(funding) company of ghibli nearly went bankrupt until ghibli supported it with back to back blockbuster hits. Now as both suzuki,miyazaki and takahata being old there is a very high possibility that ghibli has very very hard time ahead.
Now the thing is ghibli fans actually have been very kind to ghibli because although there is absolutely no news on ghibli for nearly a year(on new movies) we are still here. But it is not going to last very long because of ghibli's marketing policy. A studio like ghibli which needs a lot of money can not run on only japanese economy not now(was possible earlier) because as ghibli grew older our demand increased too. So these things will cause major problem for the studio.
Now studio ghibli is world's one of the most dumbest company as it clearly moves away from tech( inspite of the bigfact that many of us love studio ghibli movies because of its blazing gadgets). And it clearly dont believe in communication. Although being the first animation studio(pixar comes second) in the world it doesnot have a english site so fans have to come in fansites like ours to know info which obviously we cant offer. the direct translation links that i gave was not satisfactory as it only provides news of 2010!!!!!!!

So this way ghibli will surely lose its viewers. I have known that parent who bought their children totoro dvd saw that movie in childhood.
But the quality(definition) is plain bad. they could remake totoro laputa and nausicaa but they wont.
We know ghibli has talented directors from arriety and cat returns but if everything goes like this ghibli will just close.
Now everything depends on how the next two movies do and how much quickly they can deliver it to english( quality must be equal to disney or more than it we know what bad sub or dub can do).

And about debates

well...............

07.04.2012, 02:35 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Saviour, Welcome back, you do make the Tavern more lively!

I wish we had a like button or something like it. Sometimes I don't want to comment on something, but it makes me smile/laugh. Like Captain Georges post

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

08.02.2012, 04:43 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Wikidkid101
Welcome back saviour, it should be interesting to see how many debates you start this time!! Again welcome back, I hope to be posting more as well now my exams are over just if anyone wondered why I had very rarely posted!

Anyway, this stuff about poppy hill, we have hit a bit of a snag, I read somewhere that the contract between ghibli and Disney has ended with the making of Arrietty. Whether it will be renewed I do not know. I don't see why it shouldn't be but as Disney handles a lot of the advertising this would explain why we have seen and heard very little!!

Again welcome back!!! Hope the studying is going well!!

I have English merchandise for Poppy Hill. D: But it's not associated with Disney (so maybe the UK or something? The person who sold the stuff to me seemed to say it would be in English soon, but the people who own that store are from England or were). I also received Arrietty merch but it's Japanese. hehe I was surprised by the Poppy Hill merch and that it is from Ghibli, but packaging is English. Name is English.

I don't know. XD It just struck me as odd it was English, and I know everything from there is certified. They sell a lot of unique Ghibli items (but not online oddly).

EDIT: Nope, it's being put out by a different American company, not Disney. :B This American company also had a relationship with Ghibli for awhile now. It seems good.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 08.02.2012, 05:28 PM.

08.02.2012, 05:23 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks