QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - That's amazing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » That's amazing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Check this one out and picture yourself watching or driving the vehicle...

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/trailerghu4

01.31.2016, 03:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://vimeo.com/160024074

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.21.2016, 12:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

05.15.2016, 05:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

His subject matter won't be to everyone's taste but the skill of digital military artist Piotr Forkasiewicz is undeniable.

A Terrifying Beauty

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.24.2016, 02:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Incredible news, fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nXwhfOR17M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmowig6nrxA

02.22.2017, 06:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Remarkable!!!

02.23.2017, 01:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Technology of Neon Genesis Evangelion (not a April fool joke, i posted it before 1 April)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_breathing

edited because many might misunderstand

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 04.01.2017, 08:35 AM.

04.01.2017, 03:43 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

One of my friends sent me this little skit from "Britain's Got Talent" show...

Anna Klinge... https://youtu.be/8tMJvnvXhg8

short, but sweet...lol

04.06.2017, 07:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just some backgrounds from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sov...money-rocknroll (there is more in arsenixc da)

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

04.19.2017, 09:23 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Yuumei continues to blow me away with her beautiful art.

It would be all over my walls if I had the money to spare.

This turns out to be cropped version of original:

and she says it was inspired by real life photo set.

normally, I am not the one to care who are real people behind the online monikers, but in this case... well, let's just say we are not going to get any more art from her - she is now directing other people:
quote:
Right now she's working with a 3d modeling team so it'll be faster/easier for her to update. When she started drawing Fisheye Placebo, she drew so much that she permanently damaged her hands so she can't draw as long/hard as she used to.
(quote from 5 days ago)

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

04.23.2017, 06:23 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, she's still working. Why would you say there's be no more art from her? You can see from her page she's still drawing, painting; the team are just helping her out with her webcomics, Knite and Fisheye Placebo. It's pretty much the same deal as many popular manga artists have.

My Anime List

04.23.2017, 07:45 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Why would you say there's be no more art from her?

Idk... could it be because of the word "permanently" in " she permanently damaged her hands"? Then, I hope that (s)he got it wrong, and it's just RSI. Had this before myself, it heals away just fine after a couple of weeks.

edit: ok I see original source of information is this:
quote:
I hurt my hand years back and had to slow down on drawing. Drawing comics takes many hours to create each panel and all that together to make each chapters literally broke my body. As a solution, I've been working with a team of 3D artists to build models that I can paint over to help speed up the comic making process... Like a lot of my recent posts, this drawing incorporates a photo background to save my hands from further damage.
sounds like her injury was way more serious than mine.

Post last edited by makc on 04.23.2017, 09:03 AM.

04.23.2017, 08:55 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Working from photographs is now very common in anime and manga art, and by independent artists you see on Pixiv and DA. Arsenixc's work showcased above is obviously taken from photos, as of course, is a lot of Shinkai's, and Kyo-Ani's.

Basing a TV series in a real place has become a thing now, letting the fans explore the actual locations.

With the high demand and expectations from fans and audiences now and the sopiralling costs of BG artists, its only to be expected.

I personally really like photoreal art, its one of my favourite styles, but its also fun to see someone buck the trends too, like Shaft with the Monogatari series and Takahata with Kaguya-hime.

04.23.2017, 10:25 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

not sure arsenixc uses photos, maybe for textures... this looks like 3D modelling:

but maybe just clever parallax, Idk...

edit: another example

to quote arsenixc,

quote:
3d-2d mix media check amazing modeling for this image, Ikarus 256'n'260

edit 2:
quote:
as of course, is a lot of Shinkai's

just found this today, as you can see very few shots are 1:1 to reality. this guy removes objects, changes elevation, and uses impossible perspective.

Post last edited by makc on 04.23.2017, 07:52 PM.

04.23.2017, 11:30 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Some of you have heard me talk about the ship I was on in Vietnam... This is her... I was usually in the 5" gun turret unless I had to go out on the deck and help clear a misfired rocket from a launcher... The guy I was helping was wearing a full asbestos fire suit and I was wearing a t-shirt, cutoff dungaree shorts and socks and sandals... lots of fun, lol That rocket flame was 1400 degrees F and that launcher metal and tube was HOT!!! And I had to reach inside the tube with my bare arm to help clear the rocket before the heat set off the rocket motor or warhead went off.... btw, the tube was only 6" in diameter with 1/2" lands inside the tube firing 5" spin-stabilized rockets.

https://youtu.be/LqAWzqsXirk

when I watched the DVD that I have, from which the above clip is a part, I'd turn up the volume to full blast on the TV and that slightly approximated the constant roll of noise that we heard while in the 5". We had 8 twin-tube launchers aboard that were rated at 100 rockets per minute per launcher. We usually only fired 2 or 3 launchers per mission because we didn't need to use all of them in most mission shoots...
We were also equipped with a 5"38 caliber naval gun and two twin 40mm gun mounts. We also had two .50 caliber guns mounted on each side of the bridge... We seldom used the .50's but they were there...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.25.2017, 03:33 AM.

04.25.2017, 03:23 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

ah, sweet memories of killing commies from the safety of the distance, where the only thing that can hurt you is hot tube ) these days some even have it better, they fly the drones from the control room on u.s. soil across the ocean. and yet they manage to complain about all the stress that comes with this work. try being the designated terrorist on receiving end for the stress, no? no.

04.25.2017, 09:20 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

You know, makc, I'm going to ignore your remarks because you don't know me or what I dealt with while in 'Nam... And I realize that nothing I say will change your mind. I have never put you nor anyone else down in the forum to the best of my knowledge.
My son found this video and knew I would be interested. I was pleased with his thoughtfulness and the vid brought back memories from that time. I wanted to share my good feeling with my friends.

'Nuff said...

Good bye, makc

04.25.2017, 01:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

please do not be upset about what random people write on the internet. after all, what do I know, I never even killed anyone in my life. as for fascinating war machinery in the video, it could be a bit more amazing in HD...

04.25.2017, 03:14 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.25.2017, 04:41 PM.

04.25.2017, 04:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This really is amazing. This is the most amazing thing I think I've ever witnessed. This is the diamond tip of the cutting edge of science. Its incredible that this is happening today, in my lifetime. Wonderful stuff.

05.01.2017, 12:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks