QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - That's amazing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » That's amazing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info, Saddles... hahaha, now I've got something else to go look for... heh heh heh (hic) heh heh heh

NC, hurry back, you will be missed...

remarkable drawings, Saddles. I once attended an art exhibition where the artist (can't remember the name offhand) had done his artwork of a woman that was so realistic, he (she?) had taken one corner of the drawing and left it as it was, unthreading, so to speak, into a blank field. Quite an achievement. If you hadn't known beforehand, you would have sworn that it was a photographic image of the woman.

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.03.2014, 11:09 AM.

07.03.2014, 10:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck with the rest of the moving, NC! See you when you're back online.

07.03.2014, 12:17 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Why do you keep using this forum to constantly peddle your politics? Go and do it on a bigger forum where you'll get seen by 50x the people.

International and globalisation is how modern big business works. I've been involved in it all my life. Almost all sub-companies have great autonomy and freedom of operation. There's nothing amazing about it.

It's not "control" either.

Below the big corporate layer there are still millions of small companies not affiliated with the big ones. If it bothers you just go shop there I say.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.03.2014, 02:45 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Saddles

OK, I found a Bakemonogatari series and have gone thru 5 eps so far. I do remember it from quite a while back. The staple tracks gave it away... Hard for me to follow though, reading the subs puts me to sleep and I have to rewind a few seconds to get what I've missed. This was especially true in the playground sequences with the 'lost cow', lol

It doesn't help that the temp here in in the 100's F (36C or so) and quite muggy. Tires one out...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.05.2014, 01:35 AM.

07.05.2014, 01:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
@Saddles

OK, I found a Bakemonogatari series and have gone thru 5 eps so far. I do remember it from quite a while back. The staple tracks gave it away... Hard for me to follow though, reading the subs puts me to sleep and I have to rewind a few seconds to get what I've missed. This was especially true in the playground sequences with the 'lost cow', lol

It doesn't help that the temp here in in the 100's F (36C or so) and quite muggy. Tires one out...

Yes, there's a lot of dialogue in the show. Some episodes are all talking and a lot of it is puns and other wordplay which doesn't come over well in subtitles.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.05.2014, 04:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL [THE SHAVING PART]

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.08.2014, 10:33 AM.

07.08.2014, 10:32 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...I don't get it.

07.08.2014, 12:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

i think you saw the shaving creme like canister with the referee. it disappears after two minutes or something, so it is not actually shaving foam but in the doodle the referee put that foam in the face of the bearded player and then poses sinisterly like he is going to shave his beard. it seemed funny to me

07.08.2014, 12:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

This is Fun

type in anything

http://phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1718

07.12.2014, 12:41 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

This is saddeningly amazingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

PLEASE WAIT AND GIVE SOME TIME FOR THE IMAGE TO LOAD

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.21.2014, 03:48 AM.

09.21.2014, 03:46 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

source:huffington post

09.21.2014, 03:47 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

http://io9.com/best-idea-ever-teaching-r...dium=socialflow

.........YEAH......

11.16.2014, 04:49 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm sure many of you have seen this before and some may have been able to actually visit the site, but here it is again...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkmg3Y64_s?rel=o

12.13.2014, 01:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

i did not wanted to post this but the comments are very interesting

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/02..._n_6076872.html

you dont need to read the main article[its your wish] , its not well written

but the comment section has many interesting comments.

12.17.2014, 02:50 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Regardless of your religious persuasion, this was cool...

http://tinyurl.com/lptgzqv

12.21.2014, 12:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.28.2014, 09:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'd go way past my stop for this

12.28.2014, 09:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Both were excellent performances, Saddles, thanks...

12.28.2014, 11:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Remarkable...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1yWmqbltB-c

01.02.2015, 03:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks Husky, that really does belong in the amazing thread.

01.02.2015, 08:50 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks