QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - That's amazing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » That's amazing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WOW. Just, wow. That's amazing. Also, loving the new avatar, Kaz!

05.01.2015, 07:34 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=zYPag3LuKlA

05.14.2015, 03:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seeing this reminded me of the reflections posted earlier by Kaz... I found it while looking up historical information...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.14.2015, 04:04 PM.

05.14.2015, 04:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's a really cool drawing style!

05.14.2015, 09:23 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://vimeo.com/134668506
Very nice tribute.

07.30.2015, 02:58 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's amazing!

Makes me want a full 3D rendered version of Spirited Away.

Such a pity these tributes are often only to the man and not to Studio Ghibli as other great Ghibli films were not featured.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.30.2015, 03:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is pretty awesome I will say, nice skills there. Though as saddle said, these things too often are just done for Miyazaki it should be for Studio Ghibli all together

I mean over here in the UK, a Hayao Miyazaki collection with all his films were made, why not just make a Studio Ghibli collection ?

07.30.2015, 04:13 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dietmar Eckell has travelled the world photographing and documenting abandoned "human effort and human error"; military installations, railways, churches, theme parks, motels, industrial sites and aircraft wrecks. His website is melancholy, beautiful and thought-provoking. He has documented many plane wrecks where all on board survived and were rescued ("happy end". His work is also a superb collection of photography and art.

Please spend some time looking and pondering.

http://www.dietmareckell.com/

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.27.2015, 08:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Artist Motoi Yamamoto creating his labyrinth of salt.

09.16.2015, 02:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I'm sorry, salt? That's more than just amazing, that is downright mindblowing.

09.16.2015, 08:36 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I thought at first it was painted on the floor and thought that was amazing enough. When I read the caption I was staggered. I suppose it must calm his mind and body a lot.

I also thought the shapes of the lanes in the maze he was making were interesting.

I also wonder if he's designing a single path through it. That would be even more mind-blowing.

Hope he doesn't sneeze.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 09.17.2015, 03:58 AM.

09.17.2015, 03:57 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Anyone got a fan? (walks away softly whistling)

09.17.2015, 01:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

10.18.2015, 11:53 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Num! Num!.....

Cool effect...

10.18.2015, 12:44 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The sense of depth in this amazing. So cool.

My Anime List

11.06.2015, 11:37 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Makes it feel like you sre standing there yourself, feeling the breeze.....

11.07.2015, 11:37 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Only an Irish cat would do this.

11.10.2015, 01:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I don't know if this will post or not, but I thought it was so interesting to those of us who enjoy hearing about Japan...

www.msn.com/en-us/video/peopleandplaces/...enger/vi-CCrXAp

01.14.2016, 04:28 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky, I've seen this! It really is amazing.
In Brazil, you'd never see something like that...

01.14.2016, 01:55 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I don't know if its amazing but it is heart warming. It is sad to know the station will close in March. It reminds me about a life lesson that the main character learns in the film "Colourful".

01.15.2016, 04:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks