QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - That's amazing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » That's amazing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saddles...

Nothing came through for me in your last two posts...

05.01.2017, 04:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There wasn't anything in the post before last. I deleted it. The post above yours was this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw0ztRL37Rw

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.01.2017, 05:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That was so freaking cool!!!

Reminds me of all those Sci-Fi books I've read where the rocket ship lands upright safely.... so amazing....

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.01.2017, 07:36 PM.

05.01.2017, 07:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Some of you may have seen these before, but here is a video that was sent to me by another friend...

https://youtu.be/TE8Z4Mu9DgY

There are many other vids of his in Youtube as well...

05.02.2017, 12:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

awight I'll bump it

(artist)

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.31.2017, 02:03 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

jesus,this thread is still happening!

But that picture makc is certainly amazing!

06.02.2017, 12:49 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That pic gives me some very Mononoke vibes

06.05.2017, 11:36 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

come on, ppl, post some content, I am running out of cigs here

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

06.05.2017, 06:43 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

bumpin again

Enjoy the angel voice of Jane Zhang

06.10.2017, 10:37 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

not so much amazing but very ghibli

06.13.2017, 09:53 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

cute lil' bank

06.13.2017, 12:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

76 years and winning! that's about your age, I think, husky

Post last edited by makc on 06.14.2017, 06:59 PM.

06.14.2017, 06:59 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Husky is 70 years young, I believe. And I still think he could beat most people in an arm wrestling contest!

06.14.2017, 09:03 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thanks for your confidence, Flare... A couple of years ago maybe, but the 6 months plus that I was in hospital last year weakened me in many ways unfortunately.

I will say this to all that may be hospitalized... USE your legs!.. If you are not allowed to stand, at least exercise them. No one told me this and when I tried to stand and walk after 3 months in bed, I had lost the ability to walk or even stand and had to learn again. It is a lot harder to regain strength at my age than when I was younger... I can walk but my balance is still not where it was...

06.15.2017, 02:52 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

ok, Iceland is pretty amazing, too: https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aqbvgzM_460sv.mp4

(why do I keep coming here)

06.15.2017, 08:44 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Frank Ocean - Blond Tribute

Do you ever see a video that tingles your insides and makes you feel both young and refreshed as well as old and nostalgic?

Yeah, that's this to me.

I also think it's relevant to this forum, considering what we're all about. But seriously, I think this video was made with me in mind, combining my favorite animation studio with one of my favorite albums ever produced.

06.27.2017, 09:31 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Space probe Huygens landing on Titan

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.21.2017, 06:48 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Good to see you again, Saddles... ltns

07.21.2017, 09:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Apollo 11 launch 1969, camera E-8 @ 500fps

I find techy things like this just incredible. The technology we had in 1969 was very primitive compared to today and the detail caught at 500fps by this camera is amazing.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.26.2017, 10:18 PM.

07.26.2017, 10:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Can't let my favorite thread rot here.

08.17.2017, 07:07 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks