QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - So...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » So... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

fb message... LOL.

Anyway, good luck.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.19.2012, 02:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
fb message... LOL.

Anyway, good luck.

I know right, lol...

But, hey cut me some slack, I'm a complete amateur when it comes to this stuff.

Check out my music:

11.20.2012, 09:21 AM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did the same thing. No pressure.

Not the thing I ought to say, but you know.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.20.2012, 11:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, it's like this. We ALL, male and female started out as amateurs... lol altho SOME went pro...

movie/tv stars; singers; etc...

11.20.2012, 02:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, things have been kind of messy, but I think I'm glad with decision I made overall. It will probably take quite a while before I post again, because there is just so much to work out, but when I do, I'll have a definitive result, hopefully.

Check out my music:

11.20.2012, 08:01 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good luck!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.21.2012, 02:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hang in there, my friend...

11.21.2012, 03:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Hey, guys. Thanks for all you support. We're boyfriend and girlfriend now, and it was a very gradual process, but it wouldn't ever have happened without your support and all of you telling me to go for it and take the chance. It was well worth it. You guys are the best!
Ask me questions about anything, if your interested, because I didn't really fill you in on that much...
I just wanted to like confirm it.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 12.06.2012, 11:44 PM.

12.06.2012, 11:43 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

Congratulations, Tea, I''m happy for you...

12.07.2012, 02:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Serious congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! And proud!

12.07.2012, 03:54 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Fantastic news! I hope you have loads of fun times together!

12.07.2012, 08:24 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yay~ that's great news!

I'm so glad you took a chance and went for it

12.08.2012, 07:51 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

So, I really want to fill you guys in on how things are going... but I really cannot seem to organize my thoughts very well. I will try to put together something, but questions from you guys would help. In general things have been pretty all right, but they haven't been all good. There was a pretty long period of time where I was just really depressed all the time... Just in general, I worried too much about stuff and I'd ask her too many questions, but I actually cried a bit and after that it's like I finally gained back some confidence in myself and stopped worrying so much. I think part of it was just me going through some over emotional teenager thing or whatever... Anyway, I guess also during that time I hadn't been able to spend any real quality time with her for about a month, mainly because the school play competition was taking up a lot of our time. And we didn't kiss for the longest time either... that started after I told her that I wanted to make out with her. She didn't react to that too well, and yeah it was probably a pretty stupid thing to tell her, but I was just being honest. But, since then things have improved, we started to get closer again. Anyway, I guess I can't tell whether she actually wants to kiss me now or if she just feels obligated to, because usually it is only a small peck on the lips or cheek and then she leaves. And I mean... it just doesn't seem very intimate... I want to take time to hold her in my arms before she takes off. Anyway, I guess I can't help, but think about this kind of stuff... I am a boy after all. When ever I bring it up she seems kind of annoyed, though...

Check out my music:

02.05.2013, 11:56 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Never been in a relationship, but that sounds pretty normal to me, although I get why you'd be so worried. Maybe the experts can give their opinion.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.06.2013, 01:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Not meaning to be blunt, but I don't know how else to say it...

Are you in this relationship merely because you want to have sex with her? Or are you interested in a relationship that is comfortable and sharing? She may have not liked your coming out and saying you wanted to go 'further' (ie, make-out). To me, somethng like furthering the closeness of your relationship should come at a pace that you are both comfortable with. If you are together and feel like you want to kiss her, then I don't see anythng wrong with doing so. Sometimes the best things are the spontaneous ones. If there is resistance, fine, back off and try again some other time... NEVER push or force. She has to accept you as a person before accepting you as a 'cuddle' person or as a lover.

With different girlfriends that I have had, I liked just cuddling up and watching a movie with no expectation of sex. I just enjoyed the moment and time of being with her. If it later on, an I don't mean that night necessarily, but even weeks if that is what it takes, goes further then the choice is hers

The point is, you should not be advancing the relationship merely for the purpose of banging her, to put it crudely, but to advance a loving relationship...

02.06.2013, 03:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First off, I don't think it was very right of you to tell her you wanted to make out with her. :S I don't know about any other girls, but being told something like that would be an instant turn off, especially so early on. Let it happen when it happens. From my own experience, my boyfriend never told me this but did it anyhow, and it made me feel extremely awkward. Except I did talk about it with him. Different girls react differently. If she does talk about it, don't try and make her uncomfortable with what you want right away. She'll feel forced.

I know lots of guys like this, some are good friends.They get confused. But you just have to understand barriers, and obviously she's starting to put up one. Her being uncomfortable is probably because she's not used to it. You know, I never kissed my boyfriend for three months. We hugged maybe once or twice during that time period. We held hands, but it wasn't until about two months in. But we felt happy even with just that. It was just the little things and progressing forward. Don't go too fast.

I'm in my own little rough patch with my boyfriend regarding intimacy lately because I just don't want to go as far as he does, but telling him that repeatedly is getting tiring. I'm still happy with him and I love him, but even after a year and a half, I still want to take my time.

02.06.2013, 08:12 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FIRST OF ALL SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS PROHIBITED IN ALMOST ALL RELIGIONS(other words is sin) . PLEASE DO NOT COME WITH THE NUMBER OF TRIBAL RELIGION ARGUMENT(which is a way not actually religion).

AND I think people specially guys wants to have relationship to have sex. THAT IS A GREAT FACT FOR ALMOST EVERY TEENAGER. it is not a matter of guilty feeling just a side effect of media. Media proposes us that girls are appealing us to have sex with them. WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE FOR MOST OF THE GIRLS. Some girls think people will think them attractive or even judge them differently if they dress that way but most of the time the fact is guys wants to have sex. THIS IS A VERY TRUE THING go to various love and health related site you will see the posts. And most of the time this happens with the girl most closest to that guy even if she does not dress openly.
as teenage stimulates different new sensation in the body the attraction is natural.

NOW
lets start WITH THE ANOTHER IMPORTANT MEN FACT:

Man does not feel intimate without physical touch. Which is opposite in women they have a feeling through heart in other words they need mental intimacy to get intimate with someone. And that is the reason why getting into serious relationship before marriage can be a serious problem for many people.Girls think why need to have sex while the guys thinks the girl talks and acts with him like everybody else then where this relationship is going.LOL.The fact for this reason is guys does a lot of work and think less so he does not even have time to think about complex feeling about his love. Girls also do many things but not even close to what boys does so they can think about complex feeling and then what happens is thinking lag and that's why problem occurs. No offense towards the less girly girls.

These are the factual things of the situation. Other people knows about love better than me.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 02.06.2013, 03:06 PM.

02.06.2013, 03:02 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm actually of a completely different opinion to most people it seems.

As an 19 year old teenager living in the UK, once you get to a certain age it's pretty accepted that if you're going to start dating someone there will at least be some kissing. In fact it's positively unusual for there not to be an even greater level of intimacy. To be honest I don't think I would even choose to date someone I hadn't kissed before. It's an important part of knowing whether you have sexual chemistry - and let's all be grown ups here, that is an important aspect of a relationship. It is not the most important aspect, but somewhere down the line it does become a valuable part of a relationship. It is a way of creating a shared intimacy, a certain bond which I don't think exists before.

It's completely right that you should respect her boundaries, but I honestly don't think you did anything wrong in expressing the fact you'd like to take things further. Surely that's better than just plowing on in? And if she isn't initially comfortable it allows her to think over the idea. It's never healthy to feel like you can't tell your partner how you're thinking or feeling.

And, Saviour, women enjoy/anticipate sex also. To very different extents depending on the person, but I can assure you we do not question 'why need to have sex'. Often girls need the assurance that there is some meaning to the sex itself, but we still have the very natural urges that men experience also.

I guess basically what I'm saying is, you should definitely respect that she needs to take it slowly, but I don't think you did anything wrong by expressing your interest in taking things further. Wanting to get closer to someone, to be affectionate with them, doesn't make you a bad guy.

02.06.2013, 03:30 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
NOW
lets start WITH THE ANOTHER IMPORTANT MEN FACT:

Man does not feel intimate without physical touch. Which is opposite in women they have a feeling through heart in other words they need mental intimacy to get intimate with someone.

Oh man classic Saviour. I would love to hear further MEN FACTS such as:

Men like beer and football.
Men are more rational than women.
Men are only fulfilled when earning money for their families.
etc.

I don't want to see his WOMEN FACTS because they will almost surely make me cry.

02.06.2013, 06:32 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

I value the relationship for a lot more than just that... It's just that she's so... passive aggressive and doesn't show much affection. And if she kisses me, I want it to be genuine... Like, I mean it every time that I kiss her, but once she took the hint and kissed me first and it seemed like she was just doing it out of obligation or something, not because she wanted to. And I don't really want her to feel obligated to kiss me... I only kiss her, because that's how I feel. Anyway, it's not like it's the only thing I care about, I love just hanging out with her, but if the lack of affection persists for too long I think it's going to bother me too much... In the meantime, I'll just try to please her the best I can.

Check out my music:

02.06.2013, 08:38 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks