QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Nostalgic scene in anime
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Nostalgic scene in anime » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Nostalgic scene in animePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hands up if you recognize this :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z4hyx6NYTw

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.08.2013, 02:01 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

I won't give it away... hangs head in shame... sigh. It sounded familiar but i couldn't put a setting to it... Even the characters seemed familiar and I think that is what threw me...

01.08.2013, 02:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really? Maybe because you watched the English versions?This one should be very famous.

Here's another one. Not really ghibli related, but looks a lot like a rip-off. Or a tip-off. Who knows?

(Skip to 1:21)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...v=4bIrWryFc7A#!

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.08.2013, 11:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, most of my Ghibli is in Japanese w/ subs...

I see what you mean in that last bit... makes you wonder...

01.08.2013, 12:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Recognize the music!

The scenery also looks a lot like my neighbourhood in Kyoto, making it very nostalgic indeed.

01.08.2013, 01:41 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's another not-so-recent video. Should be pretty obvious which movie it's referencing to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWEE_l2yv6o

So anyway, for those still clueless:

- 1st one makes you think of black and hot cakes.
- 2nd one should make your head click.
- The one above should make you think of a really, really bad English dub.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.10.2013, 05:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

I think that I've got the first two figured out and I think the third one reminds me of Nausicaa a little bit...

01.10.2013, 09:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks