QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime music
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime music » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My three favorite anime openings that nobody has listed yet are:

Steins;Gate Opening
So stylish!

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Opening

So creepy!

And lastly:
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni Opening

So epic!

I am also a HUGE fan of every piece from Claymore.

07.11.2014, 07:58 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish it wasn't so hard to find tracks on YouTube! Getting anything that isn't edited is bad enough, and if you want an actual OP sequence then you're out of luck. It's really annoying.

Anyway, what I wanted to add here was the second Kill la Kill OP, which is very catchy and matches the themes of the show a lot more than the first OP. If you can find it, check it out.

07.14.2014, 05:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Arren I have found alternative sites like Vimeo are good for anime OP and ED sequences - the lawyers seem less active over there getting things removed.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.14.2014, 09:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great advice! I tried and found it right away: http://vimeo.com/97004451

07.14.2014, 10:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Arren18- found it. Necroing champ!

11.06.2015, 11:46 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you're going to necro a thread at least put a music link up!

The beautiful ending song to the film "Summer Days With Coo"

Its a lovely film too.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.07.2015, 04:37 AM.

11.07.2015, 04:36 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Panty and Stocking Ending

11.07.2015, 08:52 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Solid choice. I'm also partial to the remix from the second OST album.

11.07.2015, 02:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saitama Theme

Surprised no one has mentioned Saitama's theme from "One Punch Man" yet.

Talking by KANA-BOON - the theme for "The Perfect Insider". A jazzy, upbeat tune that reminds me of Cowboy Bebop.

The Sore Feet Song from "Mushi-shi" is a peaceful tune. I never skipped the opening credits to this series simply because I liked the song so much.

Duvet from "Serial Experiments Lain" was my favorite song in high school.

The opening theme to "Parasyte" is a new favorite. I've never heard a theme song that expressed so well what the series was about.

Unravel from "Tokyo Ghoul" is a favorite. Many excellent covers exist as well.

More from "Tokyo Ghoul", but with a decidedly different vibe to it: Glassy Sky.

Kuusou Mesorogiwi - the theme from "Future Diary" is intense.

Guren no yamiya from "Attack on Titan" is exciting. Some say that it goes with literally anything.

Crossing Field from "Sword Art Online" is also popular.

It's only arguably anime, but the first-season theme song to "RWBY" "This Will Be the Day", along with "I Burn" are also favorites of mine.

And it's not the original theme song, but I really like this English cover of the opening theme to Puella Magi Madoka Magia.

And of course, what is undeniably, unarguably, objectively the greatest anime opening theme song of all time.

Post last edited by paperbullet on 05.01.2016, 03:24 PM.

05.01.2016, 03:18 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I liked the Perfect Insider and Future Diary OPs too. In the case of the latter I liked it quite a bit more than I ended up liking the show, actually.

Anyway, thanks for dragging this thread back up! Recently I've been enjoying the many, many Monogatari OPs, especially Kanbaru's from way back, and some more recent ones too.

05.15.2016, 10:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks