QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime music
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime music » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh FMAB had some good stuff. ^^

Turn A Gundam ED2 Such a pretty song. TV size version is too short.

01.28.2013, 10:21 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by arren18 I've never felt that the actual series was up my street, but the music is so catchy. Of those ones, I really like No Thank You. I'm also a big fan of Don't Say "Lazy".
That link is already dead due to copyright action. Lots of anime music gets untouched on less popular sites

Wow, that was fast. I'll edit this link into the original post for the benefit of others.

01.29.2013, 02:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It seems the copyright owners of the K-ON! (and K-ON!!) music are stamping down hard on YouTube; almost no original OPs and EDs are there. I had to struggle to find the links I did and couldn't get any set to the original ending animation. Its a pity because the super-cute Mio features prominently in all of them

Anyway, here's another couple of energetic fun K-ON songs, Cagayake! Girl and Fuwa Fuwa Time.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.24.2013, 02:43 PM.

01.29.2013, 06:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Because I love the whole soundtrach so much, here's another of my favourites from Utena. If you're thinking you might watch it, try not to read the uploader's description or the comments because they contain spoilers. It's not a major plot point, but the event in question is better as a surprise.

Also I've noticed the end of that URL is... rather amusing.

03.08.2013, 06:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

More Bebop, which is so cool my tongue sticks to it when I lick it.

Opening of the Cowboy Bebop Movie

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.23.2013, 05:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
More Bebop, which is so cool my tongue sticks to it when I lick it.

Opening of the Cowboy Bebop Movie

Haha, I don't know anyone who doesn't like a little Blues now and then. Or is that Jazz? I cant tell, really.

I'm personally on a high on GiTS songs right now.

My personal favourites: Rise and Lithium Flower

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.25.2013, 12:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Honestly, is there anything Yoko Kanno can do wrong? Anything?

Macross Frontier OST - Nyan Furo

Mm, did someone mention Paranoia Agent OP already?

And of course, the beautiful Giniro No Kami No Agito Ending Theme - Ai no Melody

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.22.2013, 02:33 AM.

04.25.2013, 01:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyako
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.01.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyako Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like GOD KNOWS(The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) so much.
This song is so cool and nice( ).Well,I heard this song before watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.There's a lot of songs I like,especially of Haruhi Suzumiya.Du you like Ghibli's songs?Most of them are good for me.At the moment I can't remembre any realy,realy good song.

05.03.2013, 05:26 PM Miyako is offline   Profile for Miyako Add Miyako to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Steamboy - Ray's Theme

06.03.2013, 05:51 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Opening theme to Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. A super fun and catchy tune. I cannot howeevr find the OP animation that goes with it. Annoying.

06.10.2013, 01:49 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Opening theme to Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. A super fun and catchy tune. I cannot howeevr find the OP animation that goes with it. Annoying.

Look harder. Remixed, but still the best AMV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENuBbVpapkI

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.11.2013, 12:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No, I found that one. As you say its a remix which I didn't want. It doesn't have any of the catchy fun of the original.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.11.2013, 01:22 PM.

06.11.2013, 01:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Thing is, every episode has a different opening, subtly or not. I didn't realize it either until the middle of the series.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.11.2013, 11:37 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Random Watcher
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.12.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Random Watcher Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to admit that I found all of the soundtracks from FMA (Full Metal Alchemist) Brotherhood really enjoyable~!

07.13.2013, 03:59 PM Random Watcher is offline   Profile for Random Watcher Add Random Watcher to your buddy list Homepage of Random Watcher
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think the music from the various Monogatari series is some of the best I've heard among anime. Its varied, subtle, at times cute, at times emotional, at times humorous, at times sinister.

Nisemonogatari:

OP theme

Tsukihi Araragi OP Theme

(couldn't find a music vid with the actual op animations to these which are great)

Bird of Death

Lovers' Relations

And the fun and bouncy Bakemonogatari OP Theme Staple Stable

Hyouri

Big Road Blues

Hourousha

Kaisou

(so creepy!)

Senjougahara Story Arc Ending Piano Solo...e Stable Theme)

Mmm, I could go on and on, so much awesome music from these series.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.04.2013, 10:37 PM.

09.24.2013, 09:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Kiki's Delivery Service - Ryuuju no Dengon

The Cat Returns - Kaze ni Naru

Girl Who Leaped Through Time - Kawara nai Mono

12.04.2013, 10:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I'm liking the music in Mawaru Penguindrum so far. Both the opening and end credits* songs are pretty catchy.

*I had to use the full version of this one even though I haven't heard it myself yet because I couldn't find the actual end credits sequence.

12.20.2013, 06:03 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Penguindrum has a really great soundtrack. I think this song is probably my favorite, but all the OP and ED songs are really great, even when the vocals get a bit loli-ish (is that a term that can be applied to a person's singing voice?) I wish I could find the full version of Nornir somewhere, but it doesn't seem to exist.

12.21.2013, 10:40 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

From Paprika, The Girl in Byakkoya.

From Millenium actress Chiyoko's Theme.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.22.2013, 03:01 AM.

12.22.2013, 02:39 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
Penguindrum has a really great soundtrack. I think this song is probably my favorite, but all the OP and ED songs are really great, even when the vocals get a bit loli-ish (is that a term that can be applied to a person's singing voice?) I wish I could find the full version of Nornir somewhere, but it doesn't seem to exist.

I didn't listen to that track at the time because it seemed like it was from quite late in the show. Now that I've finished it I know when it comes in. It was very effective where it was, and really added to the impact of those scenes.

One of the ED songs that I particularly liked was this one (it's a Tumblr link because Youtube doesn't have it). It was used on a few separate occasions but it didn't stand out to me until the last time it was used (episode 18 ). Anyway, I liked the soundtrack overall.

Post last edited by arren18 on 07.13.2014, 08:56 PM.

01.07.2014, 10:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks