QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Lichtung Media LTD Soundtracks - Legit or Fake?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Lichtung Media LTD Soundtracks - Legit or Fake? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Lichtung Media LTD Soundtracks - Legit or Fake?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that you can now buy Studio Ghibli movies quite easily on Amazon UK. The packaging is all really uniform, and the record label is 'Lichtung LTD'. Here's a link to one as an example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kikis-Delivery-S...2218&sr=8-1

I always import the Japanese originals as a rule, but I want the Arrietty soundtrack, and it'll cost me half the price if I buy one of these new, mysterious CDs. Fakes are my pet hate, so I want to make sure it's legit before ordering.

Does anyone else know about this record company? Do they have the rights from Studio Ghibli?

Post last edited by ~OneSummersDay~ on 03.25.2013, 04:23 PM.

03.25.2013, 04:15 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought Amazon doesn't sell bootlegs?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.25.2013, 10:33 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As a rule it doesn't, but sometimes they slip through the nets. For example, Disney is currently fighting against a group who are producing cheap knock-offs which aren't the actual films. They're selling 'Tangled Up' (instead of Tangled) and 'Braver' (as opposed to Brave), which feature similar DVD cover art to the originals, but which are really poor animations that follow extremely similar stories to the actual movies. Their aim I assume is to trick people into thinking they're getting a Disney movie for £3 - they are probably making a lot from it. There have been a lot of complaints on Amazon. I emailed Disney about it because I saw that they were also stocking them in Sainsbury's, a reputable UK supermarket.

Anyhow, I looked into Lichtung Media LTD, but I'm still not sure. They have a website and an FB page, but none of it seems very official. They also sell yoga DVDs for pregnant women...a strange combo if you ask me!

03.26.2013, 12:02 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't know... what could be more relaxing for a pregnant woman than a ghibli movie while holding a yoga pose...

A pregnant man, now, that's a horse of a different color....

03.26.2013, 01:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hahaha, you make a valid point, Husky.

03.26.2013, 02:38 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks