QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Official Kaze Tachinu( The Wind Rises) News Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Official Kaze Tachinu( The Wind Rises) News Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
I've seen reviews that make it out to be a really bad movie...

Um, where?

Great analysis of Porco Rosso, by the way, Mush.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 07.10.2013, 05:50 PM.

07.10.2013, 05:48 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

If anyone can translate some of this , we non-japanese speakers would be much obliged.

In case you are not aware, Youtube has the captions->translate feature; the results are pretty poor (voice recognition plus translation, the two things at which humans still beat computers), but sometimes it let you at least guess a little of the content...

07.11.2013, 08:06 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by leonbloy
quote:

If anyone can translate some of this , we non-japanese speakers would be much obliged.

In case you are not aware, Youtube has the captions->translate feature; the results are pretty poor (voice recognition plus translation, the two things at which humans still beat computers), but sometimes it let you at least guess a little of the content...

Lol, I tried that already and was left none the wiser.

My Anime List

07.11.2013, 09:01 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Random Watcher
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.12.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Random Watcher Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey~!
I do hope that I will be able to see it right after it's release date. However, with the speed of Ghibli movies coming directly from Japan to other countries, I'm not so sure. However, since i live in Singapore, there may be a shorter wait.

07.12.2013, 02:53 AM Random Watcher is offline   Profile for Random Watcher Add Random Watcher to your buddy list Homepage of Random Watcher
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Random Watcher
Hey~!
I do hope that I will be able to see it right after it's release date. However, with the speed of Ghibli movies coming directly from Japan to other countries, I'm not so sure. However, since i live in Singapore, there may be a shorter wait.

another one from singapore, our forum mod is also from there

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.12.2013, 06:24 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah I'd love a translate as well, I don't know long we will have to wait for this film but, I am yet to see most of the other Ghibli films, so I can wait.

I have seen Grave Of The Fireflies, is there any order in which I should see the rest ?. I was thinking by year ?.

07.13.2013, 04:57 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think there's an order to watch them that would be better than any other... You could try watching them in chronological order if you like, or just start with what interests you most.

07.13.2013, 05:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Random Watcher
Hey~!

They didn't bring in Arrietty. I was expecting Cathay to do so, but bleh.

@San: I'd translate, but it's a lot harder translating a video than simple text, what with how real people tend to mumble ad other nuances.

Also, timing. I'm not tagging microseconds to each dialogue line.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.13.2013, 05:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I don't think there's an order to watch them that would be better than any other... You could try watching them in chronological order if you like, or just start with what interests you most.

Yeah, I kind of want them all on Blu Ray + With DVD. They are expensive, I am planning to go into CEX today and see what they have, they had a few last time.

07.13.2013, 05:30 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Random Watcher
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.12.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Random Watcher Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[QUOTE]Originally posted by saviour2012

"another one from singapore, our forum mod is also from there"

Wow, awesome. Small world on the internet, isn't it?

Post last edited by Random Watcher on 07.13.2013, 03:56 PM.

07.13.2013, 03:55 PM Random Watcher is offline   Profile for Random Watcher Add Random Watcher to your buddy list Homepage of Random Watcher
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Actually, we got another member whose mum (I think) is also Singaporean. Also, this is one of theveeery few ghibli forums, so we're bound to bump into some local soon anyway.

Thread officially derailed.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.14.2013, 01:08 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only 6 days to go

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.14.2013, 01:36 PM.

07.14.2013, 01:21 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

and this photo actually proves my statements about Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa of the valley of the Wind.

They have the most space with larger images.

even ghibli stuff think i am right.lol

where is woth?

edith found it

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.14.2013, 01:35 PM.

07.14.2013, 01:35 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Well i think any japanese knowing person could have found these info much faster

However some details on Kaze Tachinu

1.How they completed the movie[i think not sure]

2.Mural unveiling event

3.How they chose the heroine

4.Someother tidbits

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.15.2013, 01:42 PM.

07.15.2013, 01:40 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Looking forward to seeing this film, when do you think we will be able to see it in the UK, will be it be in a cinema or when will we get a Blu Ray or DVD ?

07.15.2013, 02:46 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's hard to say if it would get a general cinema release, since even thought it's Miyazaki it's not as marketable as most of his films. Possibly there would be limited screenings early next year or something? I can't think of how long it normally takes... if it's for a special event it could be even just a few months perhaps.

07.15.2013, 02:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

There might be on Prince Charles Cinema in London, they show regular Ghibli Films.

07.15.2013, 03:02 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New extended trailer. It looks great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGsmR_jbQhk

Post last edited by leonbloy on 07.19.2013, 01:00 PM.

07.19.2013, 12:57 PM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
arren18
Administrator

Wow, thanks for posting that! It shows so much more than the earlier trailer did. I'm definitely excited to see this film - it looks great!

07.19.2013, 02:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

who is going to watch the film today?

orphic?
anyone?

07.19.2013, 02:50 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks