QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - A few questions for you Ghibli fans
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » A few questions for you Ghibli fans » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.16.13
A few questions for you Ghibli fansPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hiryuraita Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey guys, I just wanna ask a few questions. I'm curious.
1) What do you enjoy the most about Studio Ghibli's work?
2) How has Studio Ghibli affected you of your life?
3) What was your first experience with Studio Ghibli?
4) How do you think teens in today's society would react if they were introduced to Studio Ghibli's work for the first time?
Also, if you have some cool Ghibli websites you know, post the link!

05.16.2013, 06:39 PM hiryuraita is offline   Profile for hiryuraita Add hiryuraita to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the tavern, hiryuraita!
Ahh, so many questions.......

1. I really love everything about Ghibli. The animation is beautiful, the storylines are amazing, and the characters are epic.
2. Ghibli has taught me so many morals and lessons, from GotF to WotH to Totoro. It has also inspired a lot of my drawings and drawing techniques.
3. Ahhhhhhhh my first experience? I've been watching Ghiblis for as long as I remember, and longer! So I can't really comment on my first experince. XD
4. Teens? Hmm. You're being very vague. I feel that the reactions would differ based on what the teen watches and culture. And what movie they saw first...

The Camphor Tree
nausicaa.net is always a goodie
And this thread is great!

05.16.2013, 06:53 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern!

1. Studio Ghibli is my favorite Anime *A very bold decision given the amount of Anime out there* The visuals are amazing, and the storylines dont feel over polished and glamorized like some films I could think of..

2. Studio Ghibli introduced me to Anime and gave me an open mind to other country's culture after researching Japan's.

3. Watching Princess Mononoke, I was hooked instantly and it established itself as my favorite Anime film.

4. I'm unsure personally, I suppose it depends on their interests.

05.16.2013, 07:54 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
hiryuraita
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.16.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hiryuraita Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys! And on 4, I kinda meant for the question to be broad. You can relate it to people you know and like or even people you hate.

05.17.2013, 08:05 PM hiryuraita is offline   Profile for hiryuraita Add hiryuraita to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I am a teen, I have only recently started watching Anime. I saw Summer Wars back in January, when it was shown on Sky Premier.

I then saw Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood season 1 in Febuary-April.

I then watched The Girl Who Leapt Through time in April.

I then saw 5 Centimetres Per Second last week, I then saw Grave Of The Fireflies earlier this week, then saw Spirited away last night.

My girlfriend enjoyed the Spirited Away, and so did I. We are very different from each other as well. She was popular at school, she is pretty and does girly things.

I am a bit of a nerd, but I also love Football. It was an amazing experience watching both Ghibli films but Spirted Away is something else.

07.14.2013, 02:42 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Tonje
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.20.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tonje Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. The combination of fantastic animation, great story-lines not to mention the soundtrack, and I have fallen in love with most of the characters.
2. Studio Ghibli has introduced me to Japanese anime from the top shelf, and my interest for Japanese culture is growing and I am now at the point where I have decided to travel to Japan next year (wanna stop by the Ghibli Museum).
3. My first experience was Nausica, which is now one of my favorite movies!
4. I guess that depends on the person and your interests. I have (of course) introduced Studio Ghibli to all my friends, listed up the movies they have to see and prioritize, but non of them has actually bothered to watch them yet, maybe one or two - and doesnt seem to be very fascinated (which I find very strange and completely nonsense). Then again I have myself always been extremely interested in animation specifically, more than other movie genres. The Ghibli movies are great, not only the animation itself but the story-lines and the moral. A great example is Laputa - Castle in the Sky and Nausica of the Valley of the Wind.

07.20.2013, 05:16 AM Tonje is offline   Profile for Tonje Add Tonje to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks