QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Our Official Facebook Group
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Our Official Facebook Group Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Our Official Facebook GroupPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did not find the original thread about it so made a new one

Our beloved site onlineghibli often gets out of service in that time of emergency we offer discussion and post news in the Facebook as almost everyone has an account.You can get updates even when you are too busy doing your stuff.

Changed the link of our backup Facebook Group, Here is the new link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Studio.Ghibli.Group/

05.26.2013, 06:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just joined on my new account.

My Anime List

05.26.2013, 08:41 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Joined!

05.26.2013, 12:15 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I believe that I have already joined...

05.26.2013, 04:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
aisling
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aisling Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

06.16.2013, 06:16 PM aisling is offline   Profile for aisling Add aisling to your buddy list Send an Email to aisling
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is our backup group where discussion is done when tavern is down. repost for new users

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.14.2013, 01:57 PM.

07.14.2013, 01:56 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, I have joined hope that helps.

07.14.2013, 02:32 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
hunters moon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.15.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hunters moon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

joined .

07.13.2014, 04:28 AM hunters moon is offline   Profile for hunters moon Add hunters moon to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The main purpose of the fb page is that in the rare times that the site goes down, we have some means of reconnecting for updates and contact. I don't know about others, but for myself, if the Tavern is down, I get antsy about it. Being able to contact Roar or others helps a bunch.

Thanks for the Tavern, UO...

07.13.2014, 12:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I should happen less now as UO uses hosting from hostgator.

which is a paid service, the older one was free.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

07.13.2014, 02:10 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
The main purpose of the fb page is that in the rare times that the site goes down, we have some means of reconnecting for updates and contact. I don't know about others, but for myself, if the Tavern is down, I get antsy about it. Being able to contact Roar or others helps a bunch.

Unfortunately, contacting me won't really help the situation. I don't have UO's email so I can't contact him outside of the forum anyhow; I'm as dark about it as anyone else.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.14.2014, 05:00 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by husky51

Unfortunately, contacting me won't really help the situation. I don't have UO's email so I can't contact him outside of the forum anyhow; I'm as dark about it as anyone else.

what!! but you are the admin

just read the about section in onlineghibli.com, he even has a website.

07.14.2014, 06:46 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

regardless of whether you can help or not, at least we have contact and that makes a big difference, Roar... It was a totally lost feeling when I couldn't find anyone from the Tavern...

And UO, wants his privacy and I respect that.

07.14.2014, 09:34 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Bumping This Thread after two years

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.12.2016, 07:44 AM.

12.12.2016, 07:28 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll join it if I ever make a FB account again.

Post last edited by belborges on 12.15.2016, 10:31 PM.

12.15.2016, 10:22 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

🍰

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 12.17.2016, 10:10 AM.

12.16.2016, 09:48 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by makc
more people talk here and I don't have to share my real life with everyone what's the benefit of joining FB group?

------------ about trolling me ---------------
That is because hiding behind the mask of online anonymity can make your character a little out of balance in my opinion. And i dont mind as i dont have anything to hide and i know the problems, however this forum is safe. None faced any problems because of it until now. and I would not mind having anyone of this forum as my friend in my real life truth to be told.

-----------------------------------------------

And there is no point in joining the group except for backup, in the past it happened that the forum went offline for period of time. So in those cases this is backup. As you can see many of us are long time members and would like to get hold of one-another.

If you dont mind please edit your post and delete the name. This is a forum where one respects another, please help keep it this way and in time you will be a part of it.

Thanks.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.16.2016, 02:16 PM.

12.16.2016, 01:11 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

throwing a link to the page with your name all over, asking to delete the name. not sure if serious or.

> backup

that's assuming the personal relationships bind the place together. I kind of think the topic binding the place together would be better. that's how I got here, I wanted to ask a question that none of real life people around me could answer, because they are not really into ghibli cartoons. what I ended up instead was having arguments about how to deal with annoying ex-es. which happened exactly because I knew too much about fff (or, too little, in your opinion) from her posts here. now to join the fb group would mean getting to know you guys and girls even more, and so talking about your real life stuff instead of anime. no thanks, I guess.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

12.16.2016, 08:41 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why in the heck would you call saviour that? Wtf?

Also sorry, I tend to overshare online since I keep to myself too much in real life. It's something I've been working on in recent years but a bit of a difficult habit to break.^^;

I'm not personally on the FB page but I have quite a few members added to my personal account because of closeness in age.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 12.17.2016, 02:02 AM.

12.17.2016, 01:30 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

@makc

I asked you to do that cause it is irrelevant here in this thread. If you dont mind delete it again. If i wanted to hide it i could have made the group secret. I could have made the group from a fake account. Do you think these ideas did not came to me. People here dont have time dig other people's things.

And i am not really asking you to join. Its voluntery. For me personal relationship does bind the place together. Think about it, a site where the traffic is too low to get money from advertisement. But the owner still spends 50-60 dollars per year for running it. Why? Ghibli is indeed the reason we came here but we like ghibli because we are different. Thats why many people are member for years. If i did not like the members i would not have stayed for almost five years. And topic related posts are quite low if you look carefully. Studio Ghibli sucks at press so all we can really do is speculate. You can just avoid General Discussion section altogether. See your problem lies within yourself, the post you are mentioning or this post were posted in General Discussion section. Here we talk about our life, if you avoided those then all these conversation would not have happened. So its upto you, you can just stay in the Ghibli and Anime section. But if you incase turn to General Discussion you have to be careful and respectful about others. Also you have to write responsibly. That is the way it is.

Thanks.

@FFF

Please delete the name, it is distracting and potentially bad.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 12.17.2016, 01:45 AM.

12.17.2016, 01:35 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks