QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - My Blog
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » My Blog » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  My BlogPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone!

I'd just like to share something I've been working on this last month with you all. As well as being a big Ghibli fan, I am also very into vintage and second hand. I'm so passionate about the matter that I made a blog about it:

http://secondhandstillgrand.blogspot.co.uk

I've only been putting this together for the last month so there's not a great amount to see at the moment, but I hope that it may grow with time.

P.S, there are some Totoros included!

http://secondhandstillgrand.blogspot.co....ver-part-5.html

I appreciate that not everyone is gonna be interested in the same thing, but I'd love to hear your opinions regardless

Rachel

06.16.2013, 09:45 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ohi ^^ I seem to have completely missed your first 76 posts somehow? So a belated welcome.

Awesome blog! Everything looks so cool. And I love that 'beautiful burgundy' outfit.

06.22.2013, 07:41 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like it Gives me the confidence to keep it going; as of yet it isn't very popular. I haven't really advertised it anywhere yet apart from here though, so I need to get on that!

06.23.2013, 01:04 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You definitely should keep it up ^^ I'm sure the pinterest people would love something like this, if you're looking for someone to market to.

06.23.2013, 03:17 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've started building up a relevant Pinterest account, plus I intend to make a Facebook group, Twitter page, Instagram account etc - I figure that advertising through social media groups is definitely the best way to build up a following.

I'm sure that there must be people out there who're into what I'm writing about, and there don't seem to be many blogs about in terms of charity shopping and second hand, so fingers crossed it may get some interest

06.24.2013, 10:02 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nice. I'm not into all things vintage, but I do prefer older stuff compared to modern junk. They break down way too easily.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.24.2013, 10:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Thanks Roar! Yeah, the great thing about vintage is that it's often made better, compared to mass-produced stuff done on the cheap

06.24.2013, 11:33 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a really nice blog, yeah I have a blog myself with a few friends. It's a food blog, I can advertise your blog on my Twitter if you'd like I have just under 150 followers at the moment, my YouTube channel has over 400 subscribers.

07.10.2013, 05:00 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Aww thanks so much, that'd be really appreciated! I've only just started it up really, but fingers crossed it'll grow over the next couple of months.

07.10.2013, 06:07 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ~OneSummersDay~
Thanks Roar! Yeah, the great thing about vintage is that it's often made better, compared to mass-produced stuff done on the cheap

Hey, vintage! That applies to me, I think. Thanks for the compliments...

Oh-oh, wait a minute... That means I'm OLD!!!!

Crabby patties!

sigh

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.10.2013, 08:54 PM.

07.10.2013, 08:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks