QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Your Holy Grail Collection Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Your Holy Grail Collection Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: What do you think of my bookcase ?
It's Awesome
Needs Work
Results
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Your Holy Grail Collection ThreadPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I didn't see one on here, I thought I'd try to get myself known around the forums. I also thought it would be a fun idea, for members to post their holy grails.

I have other collections, but a lot is in the loft now.

I started the "big sort" of my room yesterday, I finished today with the help of my Girlfriend and a friend.

This is my bookcase, which has a lot of my collections on.

Below is

Marvel DVD & Blu Ray Collection
DC DVD & Blu Ray Collection
Pokémon Plush Collection
Nintendo Magazine Collection
Pokémon Magazine Collection
Cooking Book Collection
Anime Collection (Has 1 DVD so far)

Post last edited by Koda on 07.10.2013, 12:19 PM.

07.10.2013, 12:17 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You remind me of my friend, he has a 3-foot fishtank filled with pikachus. And a female figurine dressed like pikachu (seems legit).

Oh, and his surname is Choo. We call him Pika Choo.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.11.2013, 12:28 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow just a bit obsessed ?, these are all from my childhood but look nice on a bookshelf lol.

07.11.2013, 01:10 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here's mine!

I keep my DVDs, CDs and Cominica Ghibli figures in this glass cabinet. I am seriously running out of room in here...as you can see, I've had to start stacking them at the top.

Beside my cabinet is my 5ft tall Simba plush. He was made as a shop promotion for The Lion King II in 1999, I only know of two other people who own one of these, so he's pretty unique.

Apologies for the bad lighting, my curtains are drawn as its SO hot in the UK at the moment!

07.14.2013, 09:56 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got a few movies on blu-ray and dvd.

My Ghibli collection.

And my little homecinema, with a 110" wide 16/9 screen and 6 Canton Inwall 500 LCR speakers.

With a JVC X3, and a Optoma HD131x (for 3D) projector.

Yes, I really like to watch movies.

07.14.2013, 10:56 AM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow Skovgaard, I'm really impressed! The others are great too, but dang. That looks like many years of hard work! And some pretty cool DVDs among them from what I can make out.

Post last edited by arren18 on 07.14.2013, 12:34 PM.

07.14.2013, 12:32 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@shovgard

price?

20000$+ or less

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.14.2013, 12:35 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Skovgaard

Hilarious

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.14.2013, 01:17 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Wow Skovgaard, I'm really impressed! The others are great too, but dang. That looks like many years of hard work! And some pretty cool DVDs among them from what I can make out.

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@skovgaard

price?

20000$+ or less

The homecinema I have right now is version 6, and the price for this one, is around 14.000 $us, and the movies is another 26.000$ (I got around 1000 blu-rays and 500 dvds, and the average price with the boxsets and special editions is around 17 $us.

Expensive, yes, but I'm buying 2-5 movies each month, and that way, the collection is slowly getting bigger, and dos not feel like It's costing a lot of money.

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 07.14.2013, 01:22 PM.

07.14.2013, 01:21 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Skovgaard
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:

Hilarious

07.14.2013, 01:23 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, I have been collecting DVD's and Blu Rays for about a month, so I am pretty have with what I have .

OneSummersDay, I love your Ghibli Collection I envy it

07.14.2013, 02:29 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@skovgaard.....

I am freaking amazed....

Love the set-up...
==============================
my own collection?

I've got 200 or so DVDs, but they are so disorganized and scattered around my living room that It is pointless to try and photograph them at the moment. I have two racks, and numerous stacks piled everywhere. Plus my manga. I really do need to categorize and arrange my collection again... It's been awhile.

07.14.2013, 02:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Skovgaard
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
@skovgaard.....

I am freaking amazed....

Love the set-up...
my own collection?

I've got 200 or so DVDs, but they are so disorganized and scattered around my living room that It is pointless to try and photograph them at the moment. I have two racks, and numerous stacks piled everywhere. Plus my manga. I really do need to categorize and arrange my collection again... It's been awhile.

Thank you.

I'm slowly getting rid of my DVDs, they take up to much room, the only ones I keep, is the anime , and Stephen King collection, at least those that's not out on Blu-ray.

07.14.2013, 03:04 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
@skovgaard.....

I am freaking amazed....

Love the set-up...
my own collection?

I'd love to see your collection, I love seeing others collections.

07.14.2013, 03:13 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
quote:
@skovgaard.....

I am freaking amazed....

Love the set-up...
my own collection?

Thank you.

I'm slowly getting rid of my DVDs, they take up to much room, the only ones I keep, is the anime , and Stephen King collection, at least those that's not out on Blu-ray.

Oh, I cut down on some of the stuff I need for room and money.

07.14.2013, 03:14 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Skovgaard has officially shamed the rest of us, haha! Very impressive collection, you've got the home cinema dream right there.

quote:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

07.14.2013, 03:15 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by ~OneSummersDay~
I think Skovgaard has officially shamed the rest of us, haha! Very impressive collection, you've got the home cinema dream right there.

quote:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

Yeah he kind of has, (cries himself to sleep).

Yeah it's really nice, are those Disney films you have on the second shelf ?.

07.14.2013, 03:17 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"What should I watch tonight.......?
I guess I'll go to the Skovgaard Library to check something out... "

I'm so jealous! You have a so many dvds and that awesome home cinema!

07.14.2013, 03:35 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Koda
Ohmu

My girlfriend wouldn't be too happy if I had that many films, as well as that home cinema. I literally would never leave the house.

07.14.2013, 03:41 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

quote:
Yeah it's really nice, are those Disney films you have on the second shelf ?.

Yeah they are, Disney and Pixar! I have 47 in total I think, they were a big part of my childhood and I appreciate the beautiful artwork, great plots and witty characters all the more now.

Animation is fantastic!

07.14.2013, 05:24 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks