QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Tavern Anime Guide
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Ghibli Tavern Anime Guide » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi arren...

go ahead and set it up the way you would like as you are going to be the one who updates it daily anyway... Do it the way that is most comfortable to you in another thread and leave this one for the suggestions...

Husky

08.05.2013, 01:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with Husky.

My Anime List

08.05.2013, 02:06 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I agree with Husky.

Yeah I second that.

08.07.2013, 04:45 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the input. Sorry for not getting back to this for a few days - I've not had much chance to comment again - but as for how the information will be presented, I thought we could use something like Saddles's template from earlier. Any thoughts on parts that should be added/removed/changed?

08.07.2013, 07:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Thanks for the input. Sorry for not getting back to this for a few days - I've not had much chance to comment again - but as for how the information will be presented, I thought we could use something like Saddles's template from earlier. Any thoughts on parts that should be added/removed/changed?

no saddle's template is fine.

so have you decided how you are going to make it?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.08.2013, 03:36 AM.

08.08.2013, 03:34 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay then, here is the template that we'll use, based on the one Saddles suggested:

Title:
Alternative titles:
Genre(s):
Intended Demographic (if applicable):
Studio/Director:
# Episodes:
Year of Release:
Short Review (brief summary and opinion, avoiding spoilers):
Content warnings (e.g. adult material and sensitive topics, if applicable):
Other notes (e.g. views commonly held about the anime, or mentions of things like filler, if applicable):
For fans of (list other anime):

I'll also add a "Recommenders" section listing the reviewer first, followed by others who say they agree. Then all of these entries will go in one big list in a new thread, which can be stickied if Roar sees fit. I will update entries if people want things added or adjusted.

Any objections to this setup?

PS:
@Saddles: are you happy for me to include your Kare Kano entry? I'll adjust the layout slightly and leave "for fans of" blank for now. Also, would you consider it suitable to put shoujo under "demographic" due to the manga publication, as that's what people normally think of regarding anime/manga demographics?
@Roar: is it possible for this thread's title to be changed to clarify that it's for discussion and suggestions, in contrast to the new list thread?

Post last edited by arren18 on 08.09.2013, 10:35 AM.

08.09.2013, 10:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If I could, we wouldn't have an Awesome thread

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.09.2013, 10:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Oh well. I'll add a big note to the first post to indicate that this is the discussion thread then.

08.09.2013, 10:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
@Saddles: are you happy for me to include your Kare Kano entry?

Yep!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.15.2013, 02:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Thanks Saddles. Now I have something to put in it, I'll make the new thread, and I hope more people will post here with new submissions!

08.16.2013, 03:24 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm just about to leave for a couple of days, but when I come back I shall probably write a couple of little reviews for the list. :3

My Anime List

08.16.2013, 04:45 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Neon Genesis Evangelion,Cowboy Bebop,Steins;Gate,Baccano,Darker Than Black,Death Note,Ghost in the shell needs to be put

Now How do i do it?

because someone might have a different idea about those than me

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

08.16.2013, 05:06 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Try and keep to facts and avoid opinion.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.16.2013, 10:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

As Saddles says, just keep opinion to a minimum. If you make points that people think are controversial in some way, something can be inserted into "other notes" to indicate the divided opinion.

08.19.2013, 04:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Lol there wouldnt be an Awesome thread if u deleted the whole thread like u usually do to spam threads

08.20.2013, 08:09 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

Lol there wouldnt be an Awesome thread if u deleted the whole thread like u usually do to spam threads

One does not simply delete awesome.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.21.2013, 11:07 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

As there's been only one submission so far, I'll post two of my own to try and encourage others. I'll put them here so you can all see what you think before they go into the main thread. In particular, for the "for fans of" section, I'd like to see suggestions if anyone can help!

Title: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Alternative titles: Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Genre(s): Drama, Fantasy
Intended Demographic: Shoujo
Studio/Director: JC Staff/Kunihiko Ikuhara
# Episodes: 39
Year of Release: 1997
Short Review: This series is about Utena Tenjou, a school girl with a dream of becoming a prince, and the many relationships and events that take place at Ohtori Academy. It is episodic, with many episodes ending in a sword fight, and contains various other recurring features. It contains a great deal of symbolism which is largely left to viewer interpretation, and despite the dramatic situations there is often humour as well. It is exciting and intriguing, and features a memorable soundtrack.
Content warnings: Sexual themes including nudity and off-screen intercourse. Some violence, generally mild. Themes of abuse.
Other notes: It is often considered an important example of shoujo anime. There are a few filler episodes and three recap episodes, though these can also contain new plot-relevant information at times. The story of the anime and the manga (produced at the same time) diverge greatly, and the anime film also follows a different direction.
For fans of: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Title: Darker than Black
Alternative titles: n/a
Genre(s): Action, Thriller, Science Fiction
Intended Demographic: n/a
Studio/Director: Bones/Tensai Okamura
# Episodes: 25
Year of Release: 2007
Short Review: Set ten years after the emergence of a strange phenomenon that produced numerous people with supernatural powers, known as Contractors. They are often employed as agents to carry out assassinations and espionage. Generally, each story takes place over two episodes, revolving around the mysterious protagonist Hei, who is a Contractor.
Content warnings: Strong violence, often with a lot of blood.
Other notes: The story contains a lot of twists, with an overarching plot running throughout the individual stories. Many fans regard the second season (Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor) as inferior, but this entry refers only to the original series.
For fans of: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Monster

Post last edited by arren18 on 09.04.2013, 07:46 AM.

09.03.2013, 07:25 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey guys, is Shingeki no Kyojin appropriate? Any ecchi or bad stuff? Is it good?

09.03.2013, 10:29 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Hey guys, is Shingeki no Kyojin appropriate? Any ecchi or bad stuff? Is it good?

i am really happy and appreciate your effort that you do not want to see bad stuff.

young people should not watch those

@arren

for darker than black i think NGE and Monster fans might like it. Overall it is very good

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.04.2013, 12:28 AM.

09.03.2013, 11:33 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

I had actually been thinking of NGE for both, so I think I will add that. I've never seen Monster, but I can add it if you think that's suitable.

By the way, San - it is very violent, and pretty scary at times. I've not seen much of it yet, so maybe others could tell you if there's anything else you should know about.

09.04.2013, 07:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks