QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - AMVs
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » AMVs » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  AMVsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was surprised to discover we don't have a thread for these, just soundtrack music to anime. I just found one of the most stunning and well-edited AMVs I've ever seen and thought I'd post it here. So good it deserves its own thread!

Bakemonogatari - Into The Labyrinth

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.13.2014, 07:47 PM.

12.20.2013, 12:52 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I never knew the monogatari series were this violent until I saw this video.

Also, Koyomi needs to be banned from grinning.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.20.2013, 11:58 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen a lot, but mostly not very recently, so I don't remember them so well. Here's one that I can recall, which has very nice editing, but if you haven't seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, beware that it will ruin the whole thing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ8JRfsurt4

Post last edited by arren18 on 12.21.2013, 02:21 AM.

12.21.2013, 02:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I never knew the monogatari series were this violent until I saw this video.

Also, Koyomi needs to be banned from grinning.

Its a pretty misleading AMV because I don't think Monogatari *is* that violent. The moments of gore and sheer terror are interspersed with whole episodes of just interesting conversation. Someone watching the series on the basis of that AMV might well be disappointed. I mostly linked it because I think its superbly made, I love the opening where all the girls turn their heads and look and then Koyomi does his daft grin, all in time with the music beat. It's brilliant.

Another stunning piece of editing. Clips taken from around 25 different anime but about 2/3rds based on Hyouka, but the maker manages to insert a whole new character/dimension to the story, making their own work of fiction. It's like a fanfic but using edited anime clips. There's some anime used in this I know extremely well but I can't identify the clips.

The Boy Who Murdered Love

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.21.2013, 03:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen any of those shows so I avoided the spoileriffic one that arren linked. But wow, that's amazing editing. The timing is just perfect. I don't think I would ever have the patience for sorting through clips to find the right moments to make things like that.

I'd be surprised if anyone hasn't already seen this one, since it's a classic Ghibli AMV. But it's bound to make you smile even if you've already seen it.

Here comes the sun

Edit: Hmm, seems that the sound isn't working? That's a shame. The music is 'Here comes the sun' by the Beatles, so you can sync it yourself if you have the song...

Post last edited by Mush on 12.26.2013, 01:05 AM.

12.26.2013, 01:04 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No spoilers here, just great original animation. It isn't really an AMV, more like an indie short but using a character many of us will know as the basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmGZ8lbKDUU

01.14.2014, 09:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Edited your link.

It's like Hosoda/Miyazaki colloboration. I kept thinking "Oh damn, this is Spirited Away", and then suddenly it was like Laputa when Sheeta and Pazu went through the storm clouds.

Cool.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.15.2014, 12:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

So many amazing Bakemonogatari AMVs out there.

Intoxicated

MAD新人战2013 暦物語 物语系列

Limbo

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.13.2014, 08:32 PM.

01.23.2014, 07:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

001 restored

02.13.2014, 08:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh I love that original animation. So cool!

I kinda stopped following the AMV scene around 07/08... these kinda make me want to get back in on it. ^^

Post last edited by fenkashi on 02.13.2014, 05:26 PM.

02.13.2014, 05:25 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

A couple of beautiful Usagi Drop AMVs

These Small Hours

Our Story

Everything Good

02.13.2014, 08:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Rideback - Shut up and Ride

02.16.2014, 01:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Creating Something Beautiful (Ghibli AMV)

02.19.2014, 09:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Noize

02.21.2014, 10:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

How much work went into this?

O.O

03.30.2014, 07:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

SuperfluffycuddlyfunbouncycuteAMV!

Smack that like button!

Post last edited by Saddletank on 11.10.2014, 03:21 PM.

11.10.2014, 03:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Why the hell do I not get any sound with these or many vids from friends??? There isn't even a volume icon on the vids...
arrrghhh...

edit: Found it.... icons on the left..

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.10.2014, 11:16 PM.

11.10.2014, 11:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

AMVs are just getting technically slicker and cooler all the time...

Or maybe contemporary anime with its heavy use of computers is just slicker and cooler these days...

12.05.2014, 05:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

(and its not the song you think)

01.05.2015, 06:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

One for all the shippers out there.

10.17.2015, 11:15 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks