QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - poppy hill
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » poppy hill » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.28.13
poppy hillPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm finally going to get chance to watch poppy hill tonight and I'm very excited.

How would people rate this movie against other?

12.30.2013, 02:14 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Down below is another thread on 'Poppy Hill' that has given some feedback on the movie. I finally got a chance to see it and I liked it. I enjoyed the way the two came together (I don't want to give too much away as many, many haven't seen it yet). I felt that the art was on a level with Ponyo, to my eyes at least. I felt that the storyline was good, but not quite to the level of Whisper of the Heart which is one of my favorites.

@Spidey, did you ever get to see it?

12.30.2013, 04:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
carly28
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Neva got to watch it tonight but will try tomorrow. I have only warched whisper of the heart once and I liked it but I love the fantasy type. Princess mononoke being my fave.

May give whisper a second watch.

Thanks for other thread info. I'll take a look

12.30.2013, 06:08 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have been lucky enough to have watched most of the Ghibli movies, I have missed one or two or the Japanese language only films, bet even when only in Japanese, I have been able to catch a couple. I just watch the action and try and figure out what is going on.

I like ALL of them, even Grave of the Fireflies, but I will not watch GotF again. The ages between the two children was similar to myself and my little sister and I feel the connection too strongly... hahaha, my 'little' sister turns 58 in a little over a month... lol

12.30.2013, 06:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
carly28
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched that once. Beautiful film but my god broke my heart. I have all ghibli collection released in uk. Only one (exl poppy hill) I not watched fully is the yamadas :/

12.30.2013, 06:30 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
carly28
Tanuki

N 58 is still young my friend

12.30.2013, 06:30 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went to see this at the cinema, I was so happy. It was a great film. I would say one of the best.

Though I agree not as good as Whisper of the heart, it was a very good film though.

I was so happy to see this at the cinema, I wanted to see Wolf Children as well but it was sold out :/.

I bought this Collector's Edition Blu Ray as well.

01.07.2014, 07:42 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
xxDangerGirlxx
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.07.14
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by xxDangerGirlxx Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Poppy Hill was fantastic, a definate must have! ♥

Post last edited by xxDangerGirlxx on 01.07.2014, 11:37 PM.

01.07.2014, 11:34 PM xxDangerGirlxx is offline   Profile for xxDangerGirlxx Add xxDangerGirlxx to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh funny, my mom gave me Poppy Hill and Wolf Children for Christmas (although I have no idea what the latter is).

I really enjoyed this film, although funnily within the first moment between the main couple, my sister said, "They're siblings, aren't they?". lol

01.07.2014, 11:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I so need to watch Wolf Children, I am eager to watch.

01.08.2014, 06:36 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
carly28
Tanuki

What is wolf children?. I managed to watch poppy hill and was happy to find they were not really related as I wanted them to be together. Awwww. Amazing film tho

01.10.2014, 05:22 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

there is probably a listing in either Wiki or IMBd...
It was an enjoyable story and I liked it.

01.10.2014, 06:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
carly28
Tanuki

I'll look out for it

01.12.2014, 06:09 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Carly, look down the Other Anime forum here. Mush started a thread on Wolf Children. I've not seen it yet but several respected members of these forums recommend it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.12.2014, 08:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Thanks for the reminder, Saddles, I forgot abt that...

01.13.2014, 01:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
carly28
Tanuki

Thanks saddletank will do

01.13.2014, 03:23 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks