QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Happy new year!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Happy new year! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Happy new year!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy new year and best wishes for 2014, everyone!

01.01.2014, 01:55 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Same to you. The more conventional of us chucked out new year greetings into the random thread.

I still haven't got used to your zombie eyes avatar. What was wrong with cute old Aoi?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.01.2014, 02:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is 2 January here. now 12:09 AM

LOL. But stiil 6pm+ in UK and probably 12 pm+ in USA.

When i first learnt about these timezones. I leterally thought i could time travel by plane. BUT the next page was about international date line. Truth to be told i was dissapointed.

Happy New Year!!!

@All

new years day is public holiday isn't it?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.01.2014, 02:15 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In the US it is...

Of course, since I'm retired, I'm on holiday ALL the time... lol

01.01.2014, 02:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I still haven't got used to your zombie eyes avatar. What was wrong with cute old Aoi?

Aww... zombie eyes? I think Mercury's eyes are expressing determination and strength. I of course like Aoi too, but I always see her tragic circumstances...

But maybe I'll find a new avatar for 2014. ^_^||

01.01.2014, 03:48 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

あけましておめでとうございます!

I'm back home for a few days over New Year's. It's been really nice seeing my family again. Hope everyone's having a good time!

01.01.2014, 07:12 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

あけましておめでとう!\(^‿^)ノ
How long of a break do you get, Orphic?

Post last edited by Mush on 01.01.2014, 07:34 PM.

01.01.2014, 07:34 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm heading back to Japan on January 9th, but work doesn't resume until the 13th. So it's quite a long break! Are you on holiday right now?

01.01.2014, 07:54 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

No rest for the wicked. The rest of campus is on holiday, though.

01.01.2014, 10:30 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy new year!

I didn't go home because of the hassle and expense, but I did go to shrines and temples for new year, which was a lot of fun. I'll post some photos in the usual place once I have them ready.

01.01.2014, 11:09 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did you get one of those "your coming year will bring good/bad fortune" things?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.02.2014, 12:46 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah, I didn't go in for those kinds of things. I did have quite a bit to eat though.

01.02.2014, 02:50 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it would have been fun just to experience it. That way, if you saw it in an anime, you could relate to it and maybe feel more a part of the anime.

01.02.2014, 12:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

From anime I get a strong impression people treat them like fortune cookie predictions.

01.02.2014, 01:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omikuji? I thought only school girls are into those luck stuff. Also, don't you think that the chances of getting great luck is equal to great misfortune? Which means pulling great luck could just as well mean great misfortune too, mathematically.

I'm just spoiling this for the kids

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.02.2014, 11:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Mush
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Omikuji? I thought only school girls are into those luck stuff. Also, don't you think that the chances of getting great luck is equal to great misfortune? Which means pulling great luck could just as well mean great misfortune too, mathematically.

It means, in order to draw great luck, you must already have great luck.

Whoa.

01.03.2014, 12:35 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm. There's potential for a great philosophical debate in there somewhere but I think its too soon after New Year for my brain to join in.

01.03.2014, 04:37 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy new year all, how was everyones Christmas's ?

01.07.2014, 07:41 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

'Sup.

Last two weeks were cold. And wet. Yup.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.08.2014, 06:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Hmm, it was a bit weird for me. I've been at home with my parents every Christmas until this one, so it was a strange experience, especially being somewhere where it isn't really a thing! I still had fun though.

01.08.2014, 07:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks