QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Video Games
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Video Games » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently playing through Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire since I dropped both a few months ago. I'm also stuck on the final stage of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. I'm not a huge gamer (something my mom doesn't get bc she counts the Ipad and my computer as gaming), but I enjoy playing when I go over to friends' houses.

07.15.2015, 09:33 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC
Currently playing through Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire since I dropped both a few months ago. I'm also stuck on the final stage of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time. I'm not a huge gamer (something my mom doesn't get bc she counts the Ipad and my computer as gaming), but I enjoy playing when I go over to friends' houses.

OO I have recently started playing Alpha Sapphire, something i dropped when it was first released. I can't remember the final stage of Darkness ?

07.15.2015, 10:39 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Koda
quote:
Originally posted by FlareNetworkC

OO I have recently started playing Alpha Sapphire, something i dropped when it was first released. I can't remember the final stage of Darkness ?

It's the one where you battle Darkrai and some other pokemon. Alpha Sapphire is good so far, EV training is SUPER EASY, THANK GOD. I'm mainly trying to just get through it as fast as possible so I can try out new post-game material.

07.15.2015, 11:57 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just finished watching a let's play of Until Dawn. Pretty great game; intense and exciting story. I'd place it firmly in the horror category, there were a lot of scares and a lot of gore, which isn't my favourite thing. I feel like it had a lot of cliché but that didn't detract from it. Like a lot of games these days it gave you many opportunities to shape the story. Game graphics are getting so amazing... They're almost like interactive films now.

My Anime List

10.17.2015, 06:26 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Until dawn apparently is amazing, my friends say.

Playing Dragon Quest Heroes, LOZ Triforce Heroes and AC Syndicate atm

10.27.2015, 10:12 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay, videogames!

Well, I'm currently trying to finish my town on Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS). Animal Crossing is a relaxing, fun and lovely game. It was based on the creator's feeling of isolation after he left his friends and family when he moved to Kyoto to work for Nintendo. He realised how important it is to be and interact with the people you love, so he made a game that expressed that feeling. Not only in game, but also outside of it. It's a beautiful thing. I totally recommend ACNL to everyone!

I'm also playing Pushmo, which is an awesome and addicting puzzle game, and New Super Mario Bros. 2, which is, well, a Mario game. It's fun! What else can you expect? Both are 3DS games.

I don't play much on my Android, but recently I've been into KOI - Journey of Purity, Wildagotchi and Cthulhu Virtual Pet, just to spend time on supermarket lines and at the university.

I played some Metal Gear Solid V with my bf recently and loved it too!

11.03.2015, 12:00 AM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Seems like you're quite the gamer, Beru!

I, myself have just purchased Super Mario Maker a few weeks ago. My stepbrother adores it, but I am still a tad disappointed that Nintendo basically made the players do all the work.

11.03.2015, 09:06 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FlareNetworkC ~
I wouldn't say I'm an avid gamer, I just enjoy playing 'em. It's been a while since I last finished a game, tbh. University is keeping me very busy.
Aw, still haven't tried SMM! When I do, I'll tell you my thoughts on it.

11.03.2015, 10:30 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

So, there's this new RPG called Undertale that everyone has been talking about. At first, I didn't care much about it and the comments saying that it was inspired on EarthBound kinda annoyed me, 'cause some games are just really cheap copies of EB.

More and more people talked about it and I read many good reviews, so I decided to check it out.

The battle system is really interesting. You have two options: fight your opponents or try speaking and interacting to them to convince them not to fight, then you can spare their lives. Those two possible decisions pave the way you choose: pacifist or genocide. There's also the "neutral route", where you can spare most lives, befriend some enemies while killing others. It's all up to the player.

Artistically, you can see that it was based on old 8/16/32-bit games, but it ain't limited to that, since some sceneries seem to be drawn on MSPaint or something, while others are a bit more... realistic.

The soundtrack is great! It's diverse and intense and I just loved it!

I won't say much about the story or the characters, I'll just let people who want to play if feel it without any previous knowledge.

12.31.2015, 03:26 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

While I'm still playing my big old favourites of Scourge of War and Jutland (both RTS), a new title has been released in the Scourge of War series which is Waterloo with a rebuilt main engine and Napoleonic tactics. The basic game is okay but I'm a member of the main modding group that's active in the community and our Mod has been released a while now and changes the base game quite significantly. I (we, our modding group that is) feel the gameplay is much improved and the scope of the game widened from the Waterloo 1815 campaign to cover almost the entire Napoleonic wars with the majority of nations uniforms and units represented.

I am running an online PBEM campaign that involves about 20 players using this game to resolve the battles that the campaign strategic moves throw up. The campaign, which is set in Spain and Portugal in the years 1808-1814 has been running (with a few breaks) for almost 3 years now.

The other game my daughter got me for Christmas is Fallout 4 and that is so ridiculously addictive. This latest version of the Fallout franchise introduces player owned and run settlements and this adds a whole new game within the game so that its a bit like the Sims meets a post nuclear apocalypse game. The game is much harder too with various creatures and other opponents much tougher now. There is a brand new weapons, armour and food crafting system as well so you can build, repair, modify and scrap all kinds of items found on the map at your settlement workshops. Its great fun. I have to confess I've been playing the game almost solidly in my spare time since Christmas!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fall...=20150615210827

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fall...=20150615201630

http://images-eds.xboxlive.com/image?url...&format=jpg

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.01.2016, 05:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I played a little Minecraft today; first time in a while. I don't know if it's because it's pocket edition or what but I keep spawning in boring environments... I just want some snow, damn it.

I've been watching Cry play Stardew Valley; it looks like a really nice little game and I wish I could play it.

My Anime List

03.05.2016, 02:08 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

I finished Kirby Super Star (SNES) with my friend yesterday, it's super fun and cute, as expected from a Kirby game.

Now I'm playing Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii).

Post last edited by belborges on 05.01.2016, 02:51 PM.

04.24.2016, 04:25 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

One of my housemates bought 'Keep Talking and No-one Explodes' last night. Bomb defusal game that depends on teamwork. It's stressful, but a lot of fun!

At the moment I'm watching Cry play The Legend of Dragoon. It's an old game, late 90s I think. Doesn't look bad for the time, and it's a big, long game. Pretty enjoyable.

My Anime List

05.01.2016, 11:26 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Replaying "Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" with some self-imposed rules to make it more interesting.

Also playing "Galactic Battlegrounds Saga" and "Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast".

Recently came back to the "Movie Battles II" community.

05.01.2016, 02:14 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm also following the development of Yandere Simulator.

05.01.2016, 03:20 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Since I finally have a computer again, I got Stardew Valley! Loving it~

EDIT: So I've racked up about 14 hours so far. Nearing the end of the first summer. I've not spoken to Haley since she was rude about my clothes on the first day. <_< The people of Pelican Town do not mince their words when they don't like your gifts. Demetrius is a biologist, I thought he would like a dried starfish! He said it was disgusting. D: At least Linus likes me. I'm pursuing Elliott romantically. I think that's going alright.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 07.13.2016, 06:23 PM.

07.10.2016, 08:18 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pokemon Go. So many people playing it! I started last week but I stopped because it was getting ridiculous.. seeing people walking back and forth between pokestops grinding...

Currently playing Witcher 3 that I purchased from steam summer sale awesome game.

07.20.2016, 06:58 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

So... guess who finally got Skyrim? Only five years late to the party, aha. Spent the entire first day figuring out how to mod (which seriously made me want to set everything on fire) and I've clocked up about fifteen hours so far. 'Tis good! But I'm going to buy a mouse tomorrow because using the touchpad is a pain during combat. I'm just sat there tapping frantically until the thing in front of me stops moving, it's not a very refined technique. Ah, it's nice to have the feeling of proper gaming back. Rediscovering what a complete wuss I am. I just hate tombs! Hate 'em! Now they're sending me down another one. D: At least I have a horse now. Not that that's going to help.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 10.29.2016, 03:39 PM.

10.29.2016, 03:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
So... guess who finally got Skyrim? Only five years late to the party, aha. Spent the entire first day figuring out how to mod (which seriously made me want to set everything on fire) and I've clocked up about fifteen hours so far. 'Tis good! But I'm going to buy a mouse tomorrow because using the touchpad is a pain during combat. I'm just sat there tapping frantically until the thing in front of me stops moving, it's not a very refined technique. Ah, it's nice to have the feeling of proper gaming back. Rediscovering what a complete wuss I am. I just hate tombs! Hate 'em! Now they're sending me down another one. D: At least I have a horse now. Not that that's going to help.

I liked skyrim gameplay but did not like the graphics, could you make it better with mods? I stopped playing it because i dont have time. Cool game by the way

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.30.2016, 01:04 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Oh, definitely! There are thousands of mods and many work to make the game world look nicer. The ones I downloaded were just for making better-looking characters but I'll probably experiment with mods for other things in the future now that I've worked out how to do it.

Bah, discovered an annoying bug last night that meant some of my save files were being overwritten when I used different characters. Had to restart afresh. Hopefully it'll work properly now...

So far I have Sorren the wood elf, Thalassa the dark elf and Erys the nord. They are all beautiful, but none quite as beautiful as Erys, who is silver-eyed and has a mane of golden hair that reaches past his bottom.

My Anime List

10.30.2016, 02:54 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks