QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - RPG Discussion - OOC
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » RPG Discussion - OOC » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately I really liked our original idea, and went off and invested a lot into it in terms of character and some planning.

I still think that idea is the best we've come up with.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.07.2014, 06:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Let's stick with the original idea, then.

Someone please do a summary of what we've got?

09.13.2014, 05:17 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't tell me we've dropped this! I really want to keep this going!

10.05.2014, 09:43 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had a sudden and weird idea today. I guess its a mashup (is that the modern expression?)

Anime characters (of whatever kind we want - highschool or otherwise) but in a cowboy western setting, maybe a spaghetti western.

There. Random idea of the week is open to the floor to discuss.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.10.2015, 10:07 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

spaghetti western...

Luigi: "Mario! We meet at the noon time inna da street an we draw da guns, no?"...

Sorry to all my Italian friends (if I still have any), but I couldn't resist...

YEEEEEEHAAAA! Whooopi-ti-yo-ki-yaaaaaaaaa!!!

rides off into the sunset, a-slippin' and a-sliddin' on the pizza crusts

I once was a pretty good rider...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.10.2015, 12:50 PM.

02.10.2015, 12:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahaha Husky, that reply is utterly bonkers.

I know I've been a bit float-y lately but I thought you'd appreciate a more serious reply Saddles (sorry Husky ). Personally I'm just not the biggest fan of Westerns, so a cowboy-esque setting doesn't really appeal to me. It's just never been a genre I've taken to a great deal.

In general I think my tastes still lie with a modern setting with an abnormal element. Whether that be fantasy or sci-fi or whatever.

I was trying to think of past RPs I've been in which I really enjoyed, and this one came to mind: Management of Occult Deterrance

It helped that it had some really great writers involved in it, but the premise of a modern city with supernatural police was neat.

Another thing that digging this up brought to mind is that if a couple of us want to RP but not enough of us to really support one, we could always start one on a forum like that and have non-Tavern members join in.

EDIT: To be clear, though, I imagine we're not planning on an RP which is anywhere near as action-heavy as that one. I personally would prefer one with a more gentle pace :3

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 03.25.2015, 05:14 PM.

03.25.2015, 05:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, thank you, NC, it is my wish to make you laugh...

03.26.2015, 10:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Damn, is this thread dead.

04.01.2015, 09:27 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Its pretty much dad, yes but I'm poking it with my necromancer's Staff of Undead Raising to jolt some life into it.

What is most scary is that we were having these discussions over two years ago.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 04.18.2017, 11:33 AM.

04.18.2017, 11:32 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I know, right? Maybe we can set up an RPG that only really requirs four or five people.

04.18.2017, 09:23 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
[  «    ...  4  5  6  7  8  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks