QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Patema Inverted
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Patema Inverted » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Patema InvertedPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched this film today. Just now in fact.

Fantastic, superb artwork, convoluted and puzzling story, nice ending. If there's a weak point it's in the characters who are merely passengers being carried along by events and don't develop, but otherwise a great film.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.21.2015, 01:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's actually quite a bit like the movie Upside Down except the other world is more like a legend than a forbidden city. It's a good movie, not the best, but watchable. I like the idea of the "balloon" too.

Really makes you wonder how people can be affected by one gravity and not the other. Scientifically, you know.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.23.2015, 08:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Really makes you wonder how people can be affected by one gravity and not the other. Scientifically, you know.

It's best to not question things this deeply sometimes! The whole alternate gravity thing was a fantastical fantasy, just a vehicle to build a nice story around. If you don't ask the obvious questions its a fun film.

Eve no Jikan was a stronger work IMHO but I'll be watching everything else this director does from now on.

I have a fear of heights and falling and the whole 'looking down into the sky' thing gave me the shivers. I had real trouble watching a couple of scenes.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.23.2015, 01:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw this on my Amazon Prime subscription but wasn't sure if it was worth my time or not.

05.01.2016, 02:17 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks