QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What TV are you watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What TV are you watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  What TV are you watching?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Similar to the threads we have for movies and anime, this thread is for talking about things you've been watching on TV lately.

I don't really watch a lot of TV these days, but there are a few shows I watch. I keep up with Adventure Time, and I also watch some sitcoms like Parks and Recreation and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

04.01.2015, 04:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I mostly watch cop-type shows like Bones; Cops; Law and Order (diff versions); NCIS; but I also like watching some of the reality shows like World Dumbest...; Mythbusters; How It's Made... and some wildlife shows...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.02.2015, 12:37 PM.

04.02.2015, 12:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lost, Friends, Top Chef, Parks and Rec, The Office, Arrested Development.

04.02.2015, 08:11 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shows that I can't watch at the so-called 'reality' shows such as Pawn Shop, Repos, Storage Bids, etc... things like that. Reminds me of the old wrestling and roller derby shows. So much faked stuff...

04.07.2015, 05:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My mom watches the Bachelor/ette and jokingly calls it a quality show. At least, I hope jokingly. If not, I'm seriously worried.

04.08.2015, 06:51 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A lot of the shows I like to watch have ended or have had their season finales, like Parenthood, Glee, and PLL.

So i've been trying out some new shows. I really like Togetherness on HBO, the show has a good feel to it and is executed well. i've also started watching Fresh off the Boat, a funny sitcom which i guess you could call the asian version of everybody hates chris.

I also like trash tv though lol. Lately i've been also watching The Real Housewives of Melbourne, and Degrassi.

04.08.2015, 11:14 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dont watch serials on TV. to me tv is for news

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

04.09.2015, 06:26 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I've recently considered starting to watch Penny Dreadful because of an emergence of a huge crush on Eva Green. If anyone watches it, can anyone tell me if it is worth picking up?

12.06.2015, 01:23 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't have a TV. If I hear of a good TV programme (a documentary) I'll watch it on one of the channels iPlayers. I only watch documentaries anyway on TV so when I moved house to where I presently am I didn't get a TV licence and my old TV is now a 32" computer monitor and screen for my DVD player

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.06.2015, 04:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

TV License???

channel Players???

Saddles, I knew that the TV thing was different in the UK, but I never really thought of how different until now... With the Analog system that is still available here, with a portable TV set I can still pickup a number of stations from the area I happen to be in, as long as I am in range. It used to be that ALL of the stations now available on Cable or Dish were available but the companies put the kibosh on that.

On some of my security jobs where I just had to be in my car and mainly sit by the main entrance with an occasional drive or walk through the site, I would bring my little portable along and watch what ever happened to be on. Some programs were on a schedule.

The only cost to me was for the portable TV. Mine was about US$70... I now pay about $140 a month for my cable access, but that includes my online server access.. I could go with a Dish satellite set-up, but I am satisfied with what I have now...

12.06.2015, 01:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You have to have a licence in the UK to receive/watch BBC TV if you watch it as its broadcast (live). I think its around £120 a year. Given that many people now do 'catch up' TV on digital boxes or go online to the various iPlayer websites that all major British TV channels now have, or people watch Sky, etc, the number of licence holders is rapidly falling off.

In recent years there have been plans to scrap the TV licence system altogether but what to replace it with as the source of funding for the BBC is the thorny issue. With what is now effectively free TV internet access any pay-to-view scheme may fail and we are all concerned about the lack of funding for what is still the finest TV channel in the world - the BBC.

No-one wants advertising on it. The BBC network has always been advert-free and long may that continue. I simply abhor TV adverts and they were one reason I stopped watching (non-internet) TV several years ago.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.06.2015, 02:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I pretty much grew up with TV adverts although not as long as they are now...

I occasionally watch some BBC programs here... BBCA and BBCWLD...

12.06.2015, 08:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm very curious to watch Gotham and Agent Carter.

12.09.2015, 10:54 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I watched a BBC Horizon documentary last night that I'd downloaded from somewhere weeks ago. I think its several years old. It was called "How Big is our Universe?" and it was mind-bendingly awesome. This is what the BBC is so good at - great science documentaries. By the end of it my brain was just mush trying to take in the incredible concepts the programme was delivering.

Amazing stuff.

These kinds of factual programmes are about the only thing I watch on TV.

12.10.2015, 05:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

~~ About Steven Universe ~~

Flare ~
I thought it'd be more appropriate if we changed the place of the conversation.

Fave character: Connie and Garnet. It's cruelty to pick just one.

Fave episode: Alone Together. The relationship between Steven and Connie is beautiful and I relate to it. When they fused I was really amazed. Also, this episode has an interesting approach to "forced" relationships (?)

Fave quote: "Love at first sight doesn't exist. Love takes time and love takes work. At the very least you have to know the other person. And you literally have no idea who or what I am." Garnet speaking to Jamie the mailman; Love Letters.

Fave song lyric: "I am their fury, I am their patience, I am a conversation." (Stronger Than You is grrrreat!)

First time the show made you cry: Lion 3 - Straight to Video. The one with Rose's videotape.

12.29.2015, 11:35 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

(Btw, Giant Woman has been stuck on my head for days and I can't take it out xD)

12.29.2015, 11:37 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For a while I was thinking of starting watching Steven Universe. Actually I still might, but it seems like such a complicated thing to get into now!

12.30.2015, 08:00 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Don't worry, Arren, it's totally worth it. There's just a lot of material to talk about!

12.30.2015, 11:56 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Arren, not at all!
They're still on the 2nd season, and the episodes are really short (around 10 minutes long). Start at the first episode and follow the order.
All episodes are available on KissCartoon. You should check it out!

12.31.2015, 02:54 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is it really only the second season? I seemed to think there was much more already out, but maybe it's because I'm used to seeing fans on tumblr, who are very... avid. They make it look like a big thing to start getting into.

01.01.2016, 08:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks