QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Collection
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Collection » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Ghibli CollectionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was looking for a thread, and I couldn't find one so I thought I would make one. This is to showcase any Ghibli stuff you own

I will list atm, but will post pics later

I own a Totoro Bag and all the Ghibli films on blu ray that have been released, (At the time of this post, I have the others on the way)

07.10.2015, 07:01 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There is a thread somewhere, but it has been a long, long time ago...

07.10.2015, 09:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well this will be the new one. even better

07.10.2015, 10:20 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kiki's Delivery Service on VHS, Laputa and Princess Mononoke on DVD, no Blu-ray sadly. No Ghibli statues or art or anything. I found a Totoro plushie in Hot Topic once that I wanted so badly.

07.10.2015, 11:15 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.29.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here are my collection as it is right now, UK Kaguya blu-ray collectors ed. coming next week.

DVD from UK, US, Japan and Australia.
Blu-ray from Japan + Miyazaki Hayao Complete Box/Works on Blu-ray + Takahata Isao Ghibli ga Ippai Complete Blu-ray Box Japan.

Blu-ray from UK and USA + CD from Japan

Art cards and some DVDs from Korea, France and Australia.

Nausicaâ Collectors Ed. Japan

Art Books.

And going to Japan for 12 days in November, visiting the Ghibli museum November 7.

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.03.2017, 10:08 AM.

07.10.2015, 03:24 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WOW lol I loose, amazing collection um did you make that Nausicaa slipcase ? As they don't come with them. UK Release I mean

07.10.2015, 06:09 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skovgaard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks.

Yes, I made a slipcover myself, not perfect, but I can live with it.

07.10.2015, 06:36 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
Koda
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by Skovgaard
Thanks.

Yes, I made a slipcover myself, not perfect, but I can live with it.

Have you still got the design ?, like could you send me the file so I could make one . It bugs me that it doesn't have one, like the rest lol.

Have you seen the Australian Limited Edition releases ? They're expensive but really cool

07.11.2015, 05:12 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Send me a Private Message with your Email address, and I'll send the scans to you, they will need some work in Photo shop, if you want it to look close to the rest.

I don't have room for more collections, but they do look nice.

I do have the 3 Australian collectors edition that's out on DVD, and thats it for me.

07.11.2015, 12:15 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You are to be commended on the extent and quality of your collection, Skovgaard

07.12.2015, 12:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Yeah I drooled when I saw yours !!

07.12.2015, 05:25 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seriously, Skovgaard, you are Collector Goals.

07.13.2015, 12:05 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Kawaii
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.29.15
Hello!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone!

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

I've a huge fan of the Studio Ghibli series and I've got a pretty decent number of collectibles that I'd love to show you all...I'll post the pics soon!

There's this store on eBay which you can check out..

http://www.ebay.com/cln/hameeusa/studio-ghibli/102338046015

They've got an amazing range of Studio Ghibli merchandise..I don't think they have DVDs but the rest of the stuff is too cool! I recently purchased a Totoro music player and absolutely love it!!

09.29.2015, 08:37 AM Kawaii is offline   Profile for Kawaii Add Kawaii to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*sigh*

Your post looks like advertising to me. Honestly, if Ghibli fans on this forum want to buy things, we know where to go.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.29.2015, 10:23 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Skovgaard
Ohmu

New things for my Ghibli collection, from Ghibli museum.

Art books of the short movies shown in the museum, we saw the one in the lower right corner of the picture.

And a hand-painted cel.

Post last edited by Skovgaard on 10.06.2017, 10:33 PM.

11.17.2015, 06:25 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What film were the frames on your ticket from? I also got one of the viewers and a few other frames. I thought those were a nice touch.

Having seen the prices of some of the stuff in the shop, I won't ask how much the cel cost, but wowww that's so great. I'm very impressed.

11.17.2015, 07:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Skovgaard
Ohmu

Mine are from Howl's moving castle, and the price on the cel, is ¥43.000.

11.17.2015, 07:57 PM Skovgaard is offline   Profile for Skovgaard Add Skovgaard to your buddy list Send an Email to Skovgaard
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Art of Spirited Away, Starting and Turning Point, two Totoro toys I found in local stores, Spirited Away DVD (I know, the Brazilian box art is terrible) and Ponyo DVD (it isn't in the picture 'cause I lended it to a friend).

I can't even call it a collection, since it's REALLY hard to find good quality Ghibli stuff in Brazil. They're re-releasing some movies on BR, but I really dislike the box art, so I want to import the Japanese ones. The artbooks are very rare too (never seen one in a book store, I had to import mine from Amazon, along with SP and TP). Not to mention original soundtracks.

The thing is... it's very expensive to me (1US$ is R$3.80), I can't buy all of them at once since I don't earn my own money yet. But when I do... I'm gonna buy 'em all!!

Skovgaard~
My ultimate goal is to have a collection like yours. Oh, and I'm in love with the Ghibli Museum stuff... I always read about the Museum shorts and I'm dying to watch them.

11.17.2015, 09:51 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

That hand-painted cell just kills me. Like, I love Pixar, but there is just no comparison to hand-drawn.

11.17.2015, 09:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That hand-paint cell is stunningly beautiful, indeed. It's impressive that each detail was so carefully painted. It's all made with love.
That's one of the things that makes Studio Ghibli films so amazing.
I also admire well done CGI, like Pixar and WDAS films, it can also make incredible things, but hand-drawn animation will always be first place in my heart.

11.18.2015, 12:21 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks