QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Nausicaa Stop Motion Project
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Nausicaa Stop Motion Project » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Nausicaa Stop Motion ProjectPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

EDIT: This project is finished in time for my graduate exhibition, I thought I'd share it with you all! You can still see all of my making process on Instagram and my blog

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/168547235" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/168547235">Nausicaa Stop Motion Puppet Walk Cycle</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/rachelbrownpuppets">Rachel Brown</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Hi everyone!

I'd like to share with you a project I'm working on for my third year of university. I'm making stop motion puppets of Nausicaa and Kai from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Puppet fabrication for stop motion in the industry is my ambition, so I plan to make these puppets from start to finish, armatures to costuming, props and lots of feathers!

I'm only in the early stages of the project at the moment, but I've started blogging about it here:

http://rayfriendsadventuresinminiature.blogspot.co.uk

And am always posting photos of my progress on Instagram:

https://instagram.com/rayfriendbrown/

I thought it would be cool to share this project with other people around the world who love Ghibli and Nausicaa as much as I do.

Would be great to hear your thoughts, be it here, on my blog or Instagram. I'm hoping to update the blog at least twice a week with my progress.

Here's a photo of some early armatures I made to give you an idea of what I'm up to!

[IMG]http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t532/secondhandstillgrand/IMG_0197_zpsyuu4k2gb.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

Post last edited by ~OneSummersDay~ on 05.30.2016, 02:48 AM.

08.14.2015, 05:19 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, Summer! This is amazing! Really hope this takes off!

08.14.2015, 09:08 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Flare! I hope so too, my exhibition will be next summer, so I've got a while (but given the amount to do and my busy uni schedule, not long at all, haha)

08.15.2015, 11:45 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what is your projected length of the animation?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.19.2015, 03:44 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The animation will be very short, just to show the capabilities of the puppets. It will 'capture a moment' rather than tell a story. I'm making them more from the perspective of showing my skills with puppet fabrication

08.19.2015, 04:48 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ~OneSummersDay~
The animation will be very short, just to show the capabilities of the puppets. It will 'capture a moment' rather than tell a story. I'm making them more from the perspective of showing my skills with puppet fabrication

okay

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.20.2015, 02:52 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you can make two minutes, you can make two hours, right?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.20.2015, 09:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Maybe if you give me five years, Roar!

08.23.2015, 05:48 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Iblarder
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Iblarder Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is an amazing project! What a labor of love. And such beautiful craftsmanship. Kai looks awesome. So well done. I will follow your Instagram. I look forward to the short film one day.

Would you like to listen to distant memories, feel the wind of an enchanting world, visit breath-taking landscapes, and meet the people of your wildest dreams? Then come visit the enchanting world of Iblard!

04.06.2016, 12:02 PM Iblarder is offline   Profile for Iblarder Add Iblarder to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Thanks so much Iblarder! I really appreciate the lovely compliment. What's your username on Instagram?

05.30.2016, 02:50 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks