QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Harry Potter as an anime?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Harry Potter as an anime? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Harry Potter as an anime?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Found this interesting and the art inspiring.

http://www.nerdlikeyou.com/a-case-for-harry-potter-to-be-remade-as-anime/

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.18.2015, 12:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That huge piece with all the characters is SO COOL. It makes me kind of excited just looking at it. Bill Weasley is looking fiiine~ Seriously though, I like how I can easily identify all of the characters there. Anime characters can tend to all look a bit similar but I can tell all the Weasleys apart there. :')

I think a Harry Potter anime would be fantastic, it'd work really well and with a long-running series they'd be able to incorporate so much more book content than the films ever did.

My Anime List

10.18.2015, 01:15 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Tonks looks rather fine

Plus as the blogger mentioned the effects you can get in animation would far, FAR surpass anything done in live action. The final battles would be epic.

I suggest a season per book

You got JKR's e-mail Kaz?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 10.18.2015, 06:27 PM.

10.18.2015, 06:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like to see this come to fruition... I got a kick about seeing the picture of Ron, Hermione and Harry out of character. They look so young!

10.19.2015, 01:11 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd say two books a season, with seven seasons it might become much more close to a long-running shounen, but I can see a case for a book per season. Also, I think this is a great idea! Kudos to whoever thought of it.

10.20.2015, 03:04 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it were to become an Anime, I am not sure how I would feel.

I don't think having Japanese voice actors would work, British voice actors or no point bothering. I think an animated, series rather than an Anime.

10.28.2015, 05:25 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
paperbullet
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by paperbullet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I could see this working out very well. It's up to Rowling, though, and it would need a studio.

05.01.2016, 04:30 PM paperbullet is offline   Profile for paperbullet Add paperbullet to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks