QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Unintentional name shortening: "Japanese"
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Unintentional name shortening: "Japanese" Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.09.05
  Unintentional name shortening: "Japanese"Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just wanted to say that one of my posts had the subject name "Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - Region 2 Jap "

I actually typed the subject as "Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - Region 2 JAPANESE VERSION"

but I didn't know that the subject characters were limited and the word "Japanese" was inadvertently cut off at "Jap".

I myself being Japanese, know that the term "Jap" can be very offensive and considered racist so I just wanted to post this to say that it unintentional and I hope no one was offended by it. Or if they were, that they understand that it wasn't intentional.

Peace and love!

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

-- Why did Chihiro have to let go of Haku's hand? Why Chihiro do you make me cry buckets of tears?... sob--

Please report pirated Ghibli/Disney products: tips@disneyantipiracy.com or the confidential Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300.
Please protect Mr. Miyazaki's works.

My Howl's MC viewing addiction - final theatre count: 11 showings

10.17.2005, 10:41 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i see.
it was cut off that position in which the meaning was involved by accident.
i have not seen use actually. because there might be a being worried person, i think it is good idea that Jiji changes it to "JP".

"I" meaning "Love" in Japanese.

10.18.2005, 12:30 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by howl_chan_wa_kawaii
I just wanted to say that one of my posts had the subject name "Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - Region 2 Jap "

I actually typed the subject as "Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - Region 2 JAPANESE VERSION"

but I didn't know that the subject characters were limited and the word "Japanese" was inadvertently cut off at "Jap".

I myself being Japanese, know that the term "Jap" can be very offensive and considered racist so I just wanted to post this to say that it unintentional and I hope no one was offended by it. Or if they were, that they understand that it wasn't intentional.

Peace and love!

It is indeed very sincere of you to make an open apology . I am sure no one will blame you for an accident that you weren't even responsible for to start with. It was simply the fault of the bulletin board system.

Anyway I have changed the topic of the thread in question to "Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - R2 Japanese"

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi

Because:
"Love" = "I"
"I" = "human"
"human"="sin" (according to the Bible)

Therefore:
"Love" = "sin"

10.18.2005, 04:23 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi

Because:
"Love" = "I"
"I" = "human"
"human"="sin" (according to the Bible)

Therefore:
"Love" = "sin"

Off-Topic:

How about this?

"Time"="Money"
"Money"="Greed"
"Greed"="Sin"
"Sin"="The Devil"
Therefore-->
"Time"="The Devil"

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

10.28.2005, 06:57 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
Goddess Nayru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Goddess Nayru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well that's interesting to know....so if your wasting time...your wasting the devil? <o0>

Evil Enough For You?

11.05.2005, 05:51 PM Goddess Nayru is offline   Profile for Goddess Nayru Add Goddess Nayru to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks