QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Hommage Remix Compilation
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli Hommage Remix Compilation » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.04.16
  Studio Ghibli Hommage Remix CompilationPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bugykorea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Online Ghibli community.

I am part of a music crew/label based in South Korea and we decided to make an hommage compilation with producers of Korea, Japan and all around the world to one of our favorite composer, Joe Hisaishi from studio Ghibli.

We used original songs and samples from Ponyo, Totoro, Spirited Away, Mononoke, Nausicaa and Howl's Moving Castle. I really hope you will enjoy the music. All songs are also available in free download !!

You can check the songs here
https://soundcloud.com/putedeluxe/sets/joe

For each songs we made video edit of the song and the movie.

Here are five of our favorites :
ANYONE - Deai (Princess Mononoke)
About Julian - Dragon Boy (Chihiro)
MISO - Ponyo
(Adidas asked to put this song in their store playlist )
BRLLNT - Always With Me (Chihiro)
MONDAY STUDIO - Fly With You (Totoro)
You can find the other video on our Vimeo playlist page.

We really loved taking over all our loved movies, and it made us remember so many good memories, it's a refereshing way to listen to these great tunes.

We made these just for the love of Ghibli and I know that you guys at online Ghibli share the same love as us, I really hope you guys enjoy it.

*If you don't like Hip-Hop, or Electronic Music you might not like these remixes.

Best,

Julian

Post last edited by bugykorea on 07.06.2016, 01:41 AM.

07.04.2016, 06:29 AM bugykorea is offline   Profile for bugykorea Add bugykorea to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to give you honest feedback and say the remixes of Joe H's music didn't appeal to me at all, nor did the repetitive stop/start style editing (especially in the first Spirited Away video). Neither the music nor the editing seems to capture the mood of the movie or the spirit of Miyazaki's work.

I'm sorry to say a definite thumbs down from me.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.04.2016, 07:01 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
bugykorea
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.04.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bugykorea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for checking the music at least, we asked 13 different artist to make their own take on the movies and I guess we can't please everybody Hope some other people here will like it !

07.05.2016, 02:47 AM bugykorea is offline   Profile for bugykorea Add bugykorea to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks