QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hayao MIyazaki Submitted idea( to be released before tokyo olympic)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Hayao MIyazaki Submitted idea( to be released before tokyo olympic) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agreed. I think thats why they use CGI, to reduce that burden. You need to draw the key pictures. The movements and other things can be added by using computer. You see there is no acceptable human looking 3d. Many tried photo realistic and failed. So unless studio ghibli invents a totally innovative way to represent geometrically correct human and other things i feel they will stick to 2d. Thats why anime is in 2d. There are even more genious people in other studios they did not start 3d. We actally had a discussion about soft looking 3d of west vs edged 3d of the east. It seems for children those soft 3d might be good enough but for adult it may not be the case

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

11.20.2016, 08:41 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw this video today show some awesome footage of the caterpillar film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V59VXRN1YnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2tOLbZLpWE

@makc
yup buddy it seems there was indeed some 3D in catterpillar film. So sorry. I did not think it was possible.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

12.14.2016, 05:10 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL

Was it your name

edit: looking at https://youtu.be/-2tOLbZLpWE?t=1080 I was like O M G. who brings the computer that slow to animate stuff in 2015? it's only single character there, and it is already choppy in edit mode. I don't understand these people.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 12.14.2016, 11:02 PM.

12.14.2016, 10:46 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Iblarder
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.16
  re: Boro the CaterpillarPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Iblarder Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can we say for certain that the new Miyazaki feature-length film being worked on for 2019/2020 is based upon his Boro the Caterpillar film?

Some sources make it sound as though he is taking the short film, and expanding it into a feature-length film.

Others make it sound as though because he was working on the short, he felt inspired to create a feature, but they don't say it's a feature version of Boro.

What do other people surmise? Is the new Miyazaki feature going to be a feature-length version of Boro the Caterpillar? Or a new film altogether the plot of which we do not yet know?

Would you like to listen to distant memories, feel the wind of an enchanting world, visit breath-taking landscapes, and meet the people of your wildest dreams? Then come visit the enchanting world of Iblard!

01.04.2017, 06:51 PM Iblarder is offline   Profile for Iblarder Add Iblarder to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just watch the youtube documentary linked to by savior, it's the source of this information.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

04.15.2017, 04:02 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
He does not want to be 21st century person. He wants to remain in the 20th century. If he could he would have drawn every frame by himself. You can read plenty articles about him in nausicsa.net . I am sure his lifestyle will amaze you, i guess it is one of the main reason why i am a great fan of studio ghibli.

No, you know what? It's way simpler than that. Just look at him - he is old. His hair is white, his body is weak, can't work as much as before, because the strain is too much for the old man... what am I getting at here? Like any old man, he just wants to go back to the time when he was young, and that coincidentally is the time without all that stuff he rejects. He is not unique in this regard at all, every old man is like this. The opposite people are unique, those who accept the times when they suffer.

Post last edited by makc on 08.14.2017, 09:55 PM.

08.14.2017, 09:52 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You have this amazing ability to make your points always seem offensive, makc. You could have written the same opinion without making veiled attacks on the person you're discussing. The way you write your posts and your general attitude is the main reason no-one on the Tavern engages with you. And you've been told this before numerous times.

You are also wrong. Many of Miyazaki's films use a great deal of CGI and computer assisted art going back at least to Spirited Away.

"Every old man is like this."

How can you make such a blanket assertion? have you spoken to every old man on the planet and got his opinion on the subject?

Plenty of old people embrace modern technology. I have a 93 year old lady neighbour and she uses the internet, does online banking, uses Skype to talk to her daughter in Canada and streams online movies. She has an iPhone as well.

You're being offensive again - and wrong.

Write whatever you wish in response to this, I'm not going to reply.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.15.2017, 08:33 AM.

08.15.2017, 08:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

quote:
Write whatever you wish in response to this, I'm not going to reply.

What about haiku then?
quote:
warming spring days
a tired old man
sloughs off his age
(by hap rochelle)

08.15.2017, 02:36 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
What about haiku then?
quote:
warming spring days
a tired old man
sloughs off his age
(by hap rochelle)

================================

In Japanese characters perhaps haiku.. It is a good poem, regardless...

Perhaps in English?

With warming Spring days,
A tired feeling old man,
Then sloughs off his age

English Haiku?? by husky paraphrasing hap rochelle

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.15.2017, 07:24 PM.

08.15.2017, 07:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

I read there should be certain number of syllables, but does it even make sense in any other language than japanese. It's what author called it - so haiku.

quote:
Biography of hap rochelle Native Texan, Vietnam veteran, former marine, retired carpenter

sounds somewhat like you, husky

08.15.2017, 07:48 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, it basically consists of five, seven and five again for a total of 17 syllables and normally or usually contains some reference to nature, as in a breeze, a bare willow limb, a flowing tide, etc. at least that is what I learned of Haiku's.

With warming Spring days,
A tired, weary old man,
Then sloughs off his age

Since you brought me into the Haiku, I've been thinking about it and changed a word while still keeping it basically Rochelles work...

The words seem to fit better, felt kinda forced in my first attempt.

Haiku, iirc changed in some cases (not sure of the word I'm looking for) over the years and did not always follow the 5-7-5 format. Other than what I've mentioned in these two posts, I don't really know that much more about it. (edited in this last sentence that I forgot to type while thinking)

Summer day brightness
With its rays of sunny cheer
Brings joy to the heart
original by Husky

Not in the class of Basho, but my contribution of about 15 minutes....

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.16.2017, 12:20 AM.

08.16.2017, 12:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

'weary' fits better +

08.16.2017, 09:13 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks