QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Question about Spirited Away...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Question about Spirited Away... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
Question about Spirited Away...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1) Why Chihiro become transparant?
2) What is Rin if she is not a human?

I surely have other, but for now, it's the big one I'm asking myself...

01.12.2003, 08:09 PM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
Answer to number 1Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think Chihiro starts to disappear because her body can't stay in the other world, the sort of spirit world.

01.14.2003, 08:16 PM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think it's because Chihiro is a human in the spirit world and humans aren't supposed to be there so her body reacts by disappearing. Maybe, I don't know.

01.15.2003, 09:16 PM  
U.S.S. Speed
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by U.S.S. Speed Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really like how they forget to tell us something....

01.16.2003, 01:45 AM U.S.S. Speed is offline   Profile for U.S.S. Speed Add U.S.S. Speed to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Your second question is a good one. I've been wondering that myself.

01.16.2003, 12:12 PM  
echelon
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.22.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by echelon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whoops, forgot to sign it.

01.16.2003, 12:12 PM echelon is offline   Profile for echelon Add echelon to your buddy list Homepage of echelon Add echelon to your contact list AIM Screenname: echelonrequiem YIM Screenname: jamesdazman
usagi
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.31.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by usagi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i thought she was human, she has just been there so long that she has taken up the ways of the other people there and no longer feels as useless as a human and doesnt smell like one anymore.

01.27.2003, 05:31 AM usagi is offline   Profile for usagi Add usagi to your buddy list
U.S.S. Speed
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by U.S.S. Speed Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Doesn't explain why she is so mad to see a human in the beginning...

Everybody act like if Chihiro is the first one around.

02.01.2003, 07:34 AM U.S.S. Speed is offline   Profile for U.S.S. Speed Add U.S.S. Speed to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
1) Why Chihiro become transparant?
2) What is Rin if she is not a human?

I surely have other, but for now, it's the big one I'm asking myself...

Chihiro hoped the strange world would disappear,then she herself was becoming to disappear. in my dream,such a thing often happens.

02.04.2003, 08:57 AM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:

Lin is a slug.

All women in the bathhouse are slugs(Did u notice the long faces of the women? Lin looks like more human,though).

04.07.2003, 11:04 AM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:

lin is SEXY

04.24.2003, 12:29 PM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:

Yah, the transparency thing was explained by White Dragon. Humans can't survive long in the spirit world, which is why she had to eat the berry-like thing.

Linn? Who knows? But yeh, she IS very nice...

05.16.2003, 03:11 PM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  hmmmPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey i got another question, you know that miner guy, whatever his name is, he works in teh basement, with the magical sut, did he say that sen was his grandaughter?

05.17.2003, 05:29 PM  
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
Lin is a slug.

All women in the bathhouse are slugs(Did u notice the long faces of the women? Lin looks like more human,though).

Lin's a fox. Miyazaki stated that somewhere (forgot where tho).

Oh, and hi, im new.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.03.2003, 02:25 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Chihiro
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.15.03
Another question! Another Answer!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When i can trust my sources - and I REALLY DO -
All women in Aburaya are S n a k e s spirited by Yubaba ,because

1. the anathomy of Lin s face

2.Which Human get hungry when he/she sees a
cooked salamander*whateveritwas*

3.Which human EATS a cooked salamander

and All men * except Haku, Kamaji and Po* are F r o g s also spirited by yubaba,

The Disappearing of Chihiro starts just after she reached the stone river, or better the sea..
It s the highest point of Chihiros scareness and just at this moment it begins ..like a last strike to defeat Chihiro and to raise here scareness..

Suspeciously Chihiro is DISAPPEARing when the
gods and demons are APPEARing .. Wicked he?!
Perhaps for the protection for the gods and Demons..
Maybe Chihiro would become one of the human shadows living in the sea Villages

But possibly Its one of Yubabas magic moves here

Who knows??

Except Miyazaki Sensei

07.23.2003, 12:24 PM Chihiro is offline   Profile for Chihiro Add Chihiro to your buddy list Send an Email to Chihiro Homepage of Chihiro
Sammi
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just to answer, uhm, Guest's question ( I know there are like 50 billion guests, so this is kinda' wierd >_>; )... Kamaji is the man who works in the boiler room, down with the susuwatari. At the beginning, yes, he did claim Chihiro was his granddaughter. Why? Because he was attempting to give her a chance to work inside the bathhouse, because that is what she was pleading him to let her do, in order to get her parents back. He lended her protection by claiming her as a relation and a better chance to be hired.

As for Lin, I have no idea what's happened there. All the women in Aburaya are kind of odd, and I think what Lin is should be left to Miyazaki-sensei's descretion. Of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion...

The last and final question of Chihiro's dissapearing at the beginning of the film was explained by Haku - if you don't eat in the spirit world, you dissapear. Almost as if saying that if you aren't at all greedy, you'll become nothing. Or that it's impossible to be completely self-less. (Just my interpretation...) The other fact, mentioned by several guests, is that she just isn't supposed to be there, and that is how her body reacts to the difference in surroundings. Hope that answers stuff a bit.

07.25.2003, 08:43 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiro
When i can trust my sources - and I REALLY DO -
All women in Aburaya are S n a k e s spirited by Yubaba ,because

1. the anathomy of Lin s face

2.Which Human get hungry when he/she sees a
cooked salamander*whateveritwas*

3.Which human EATS a cooked salamander

and All men * except Haku, Kamaji and Po* are F r o g s also spirited by yubaba,

The Disappearing of Chihiro starts just after she reached the stone river, or better the sea..
It s the highest point of Chihiros scareness and just at this moment it begins ..like a last strike to defeat Chihiro and to raise here scareness..

Suspeciously Chihiro is DISAPPEARing when the
gods and demons are APPEARing .. Wicked he?!
Perhaps for the protection for the gods and Demons..
Maybe Chihiro would become one of the human shadows living in the sea Villages

But possibly Its one of Yubabas magic moves here

Who knows??

Except Miyazaki Sensei

Wow, that is like so wrong. Anyway, which source was that? Id like to know, cuz mine was an unofficial source that got them from an official interview.

Not all the women r slugs (not snakes, lol). In one of my poasts, i did mention that my expertise is in the finer details of the the movie. Here's one of them:

Apart from Lin and Yubaaba, and of course Chihiro, all- note the word ALL- the others have 2 spots on their forhead. Which means Lin is different. Also, in an interview where Miyazaki stated that she was a fox (not really sure bout this until i see the actual script), it was also mentioned that Lin's face was designed to look closer to a fox, unlike the other Yuna whose faces r rather chubby, if u noticed.

In any case, her personality shouldve told u that she aint the *cough* sluggish type.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.26.2003, 12:45 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kayrol
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.16.04
  hai!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kayrol Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hy!...

Chihiro is dispearing because she's like not access in the spirit world and because her parents had transformed into pigs!!....

(this is what Miyazaki said!)

emmm.....don't you all want to show some of your sketches of animation??...

share it here!!

peAce!

03.16.2004, 06:07 AM Kayrol is offline   Profile for Kayrol Add Kayrol to your buddy list
Lonewolf
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.15.04
AnswersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lonewolf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

so many questions....

it's like biting into an apple; the juice of the unknown is so tantalizing and vuluptious.

Chihiro(Sen) starts dissapearing becuase she is a human in a spirit world. This is best explianed since you cannot see spirits in the human world. They are described as objects and such. In the bathhouse the only humans present are just pigs (satire) and Chihiro actually works there, so she doesn't count.

The question about Lin is already answered by Roarkiller.

Oh, and Lin IS hot.

Look at me i have got a signature i can spell my own name weeeee!!!!! no i don't smoke crack, no matter what those sophmore bastards think... i'm serious, ya know? oh, the signature. right. My real name is.......

McEllen Charles Darlantan (McCD for short) what's yours?

Post last edited by Lonewolf on 03.16.2004, 08:25 PM.

03.16.2004, 08:24 PM Lonewolf is offline   Profile for Lonewolf Add Lonewolf to your buddy list AIM Screenname: AIM? What? YIM Screenname: godless_lonewolf
Kayrol
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.16.04
  hai!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kayrol Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

howl's moving castle coming next!!

don't forget to enjoy it!!....

emmm......do you all agree if miyazaki direct a remake film of Nausicaa??...

......???.......DO miyazaki's hand has crash because he always drawing the animation??...

03.17.2004, 06:23 AM Kayrol is offline   Profile for Kayrol Add Kayrol to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks