QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Is the tavern getting smaller?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Is the tavern getting smaller? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do be in the US... So Cal in fact...

When you look at the members list, there are thousands of members, BUT most of them have never posted even once, which was always a strange thing to me... To join something, but never post???

Anyway, for whatever reason they have, c'est la vie...

There are always guests visiting it seems and that is fine, Ghibli is universal in its appeal and not everyone is a joiner... Which, come to think of it, may be why they don't all post when they join. They are expressing a vote, so to speak, for Ghibli by joining and that is enough for them...

Does anybody remember the reason for the large turnout that occurred on that date???

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.27.2017, 12:51 PM.

05.27.2017, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bots. That counter doesn't mean actual members, just anyone (or anything) viewing the site at that time. A few years ago there were often ridiculous numbers like that which had nothing to do with how many people were signed in.

05.27.2017, 11:50 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, I had forgotten...

05.27.2017, 11:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is getting smaller; these days I bump my head on the door lintel when I come in, and I know I'm not getting taller.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.28.2017, 09:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

heh heh heh... I'm so short I don't have to worry about that part yet... lol

05.28.2017, 02:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, same... I almost got a concussion the other day because the doorway is shrinking...

05.29.2017, 11:31 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Probably what ya get for landing on yer head pole-vaultin' or high-jumpin'...

lol

05.29.2017, 01:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still alive!! I've had a busy couple of months and I forget to pop on, but I still think about you all, and would never stop coming on entirely!

<3

05.29.2017, 02:42 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So nice to see you again and to know you're okay.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.29.2017, 07:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Like Saddles said, NC... So very good to see you again...

05.30.2017, 01:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just joined today and I plan on sticking around. Even though it seems there's never more than 1 or 2 members on at once, I'm impressed by the site and I like that there's a friendly atmosphere.

It's a wonder I never discovered this place before. I didn't even know it existed 24 hours ago but now that I'm here I can tell I'm going to enjoy it.

06.24.2017, 03:42 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome, River Spirit! I'm glad you're liking this place, I had the exact same reaction as you when I first joined.

06.24.2017, 05:16 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I felt the same way, W_A_A_A_Y back when...

And I wasn't even wanted...

lol

Which I didn't blame the members back then... Here's this 60 something dude trying to join a site with mostly younger people in it, but they have come to realize that I am a lover of Ghibli and I have come to consider the members as part of my own family, even Saddles.... (walks around whistling)...

And like all families, we on occasion have our differences, but usually work them out (right saviour?) lol

The one thing I like most abt the Tavern is that we are worldwide... We have members from all of the British Isles, all of Scandnavian countries, Belgium, Holland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Brazil, Argentina,
Bangladesh, and others that I cannot think of at the moment, oh yeah, Canada and the US., Malaysia. Even had a Chinese and Russian pop in but disappeared... At least that is what they claimed. Also, another of the Russian States, but can't think of it at the moment...

And even though many of our international family are inactive right now, many still pop in now and then to see what is going on and ever post once in a while.

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.24.2017, 07:17 PM.

06.24.2017, 07:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
River Spirit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FlareNetworkC, thanks for the welcome!

husky51, that's amazing there are members from all across the world. It just goes to show that Ghibli has universal appeal.

I'm very happy to have joined this community.

06.24.2017, 08:48 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, River Spirit! It's good to have you with us~ ^.^

My Anime List

06.25.2017, 04:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

now what the heck does the name River Spirit remind me if??? hmmm?

If I remember, I'll have t0 Tak up a note to myself...

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.25.2017, 05:21 AM.

06.25.2017, 05:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi River Spirit. I think I replied to you in another thread already, but welcome! Sorry it's a bit quiet lately, but I hope you can still enjoy yourself here.

06.25.2017, 06:36 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
now what the heck does the name River Spirit remind me if??? hmmm?

If I remember, I'll have t0 Tak up a note to myself...

hint: bathhouse

06.25.2017, 10:29 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
River Spirit
Tanuki

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

And yes, my username is a reference to Spirited Away.

06.25.2017, 11:49 AM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

AHA! ya all two of you missed it, lol

quote from before...

If I remember, I'll have t0 (Tak u) p a note to myself...

06.25.2017, 01:14 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks