QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Is the tavern getting smaller?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Is the tavern getting smaller? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Is the tavern getting smaller?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I feel like since I've gotten back, the tavern has gotten smaller. I only really ever see Husky, Saviour, and FFF online ever, occasionally Arren or Saddles.
We've lost a lot of people, it seems. I remember when I joined we still had NC, Roar, Kaz, Kiki, Fen, Beru... we had a lot of people. Now I feel like it's only us 6. There's only been one post today, and it was me.

Does anyone else still come around?

04.08.2017, 07:19 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cr-e-e-a-k, cr-e-e-e-k... (sound of a cricket in an empty warehouse)

Yeah, I know tha tit seems like it, Flare... Roar is still an admin, but he has had to spend more time with his RL and now arren is also an admin... Saddles is around quite often as is Kaz who is teaching in Japan as is arren.

Kiki, NC, and Fen pop in now and then... Fen is now married...

It may not seem like it, but there are a number of long time members that pop in now and then, dballred, Seiji Amasawa, turniphead1, jusomekid, Skovgaard, belborges and others that I have opersonally seen either in a new post or just down at the bottom of the home page. They are more involved with with making a life and living, etc and seem to have less time to spend in the Tavern... I do wish that more of them would stop in to just say hi or something, but c'est la vie...

Another thing is that there are not as many new Ghibli movies as in the past which generally created a lot of comments about the latest release...

As for me, I pop in at least three or four times a day frequently moreand if there is a post by someone, then I usually answer or comment on it, sometimes I don't feel that I can add anything to the post so I go away and come back later. What works in my favor is that I am retired and my days are pretty much all my own.

Every time I come online I check in this order: Ghibli Tavern (always first); my mail; my bank account (mainly to see what bills have cleared); a historical fb page in which I was made an admin); and then eBay, where I check to see if any new items have come up for my old ship, USS Carronade IFS1, the three main cities in the area in which I live and then any other items in which I might be interested in at the moment... But ALWAYS, I atart with the Tavern and if I'm online for any length of time, I may pop in to see if anyone has posted... And often, I look up the news cartoons for the next day that I like, Dennis the Menace (American version) (A lot of people aren't aware that there is a Dennis the Menace in the British Isles that is quite different that the blonde one that I am familiar with...lol); Non Sequitar; 9 Chickweed Lane; Endtown and others... one of the last things that I often do is jump in and look at the Tavern then go to bed...

04.09.2017, 12:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think on top of people being busy with life and lack of new stuff to talk about, there's also the fact that forums just aren't a big deal anymore. This is the only one I'm still active on, and many I used to visit died some time ago. So I think a lot of people don't think to check in here again, and new members are less likely to join and stick around.

04.09.2017, 09:10 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You know, I actually do come here every day, often more than once. I may not say much, but I see all. *menacing cackle*

Seriously though, I think Husky and arren covered all the reasons for why things are quiet these days. It's only natural.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 04.09.2017, 09:58 AM.

04.09.2017, 09:58 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, that makes sense. It just bums me out that we don't get as much traffic as we used to.

04.09.2017, 10:26 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
I may not say much, but I see all. *menacing cackle*

hahaha, sounds like you... Back around 1970 at a Halloween party at the bus company where I worked, I make the mistake of 'cackling' where someone heard me... I ended up behind a curtain, cackling at people most of the evening, at least until my voice gave out... sigh

Back then I could pitch my voice fairly high, even later when I would sing along with the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"...

eeee,eeeeaweawommm a wey... hahaha, what it sounds like to me...

04.09.2017, 12:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm another one who actually does show up daily, but I don't always post. I'm also not automatically signed in, so you might not notice if I'm just taking a look.

04.09.2017, 09:26 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

sneaky little so-and-so.... lol

04.09.2017, 10:20 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm here every day as well, but lurking a lot... muahaha

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

04.10.2017, 09:37 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello! I also lurk from time to time, but been busy with the grind. Work, school, doing house maintenance/chores.

04.11.2017, 06:32 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Seiji Amasawa
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Seiji Amasawa,I do wish that more of them would stop in to just say hi or something, but c'est la vie...

Hi

04.11.2017, 11:38 PM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha, smart aleck...

Hi back at ya... lol

04.12.2017, 02:31 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope everyone remembers me, I pop in now and then. I just have an awful laptop, and never need to use it so I only come on when I turn it on haha. How is everyone doing ?

05.11.2017, 05:23 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Oh, yeah... I remember most of the folks who pop in... Maybe not well, but I at least recognize the names...

05.11.2017, 10:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Hey Koda, long time no see. You should come on more often!

05.12.2017, 10:24 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello Koda.

Ha, whenever this thread comes up it reminds me of The Cure video for "Close To Me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvfIJstWeg

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.12.2017, 11:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Rats...

Youtube tells me that the clip is not available in my area...

05.12.2017, 11:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

try this one:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

05.27.2017, 12:11 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

All that shows up is...

(try this one

05.27.2017, 01:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought you were in US, not Germany. Any way, another attempt: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yfu1_...ose-to-me_music

oh btw,

quote:
Is the tavern getting smaller?

quote:
There are 1 members and 11 guests browsing the forums. Record: 4522 users on 03.14.2013, 07:18 PM.

Numbers say it all.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 05.27.2017, 07:33 AM.

05.27.2017, 07:18 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks