QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli has officially reopened
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli has officially reopened » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Studio Ghibli has officially reopenedPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/12/stud...zakis-new-film/

After years sitting vacant, it looks like Ghibli is back at work.

I don't know exactly what to expect. They haven't even confirmed the title of the new film. But considering it's Miyazaki, my expectations are high.

08.13.2017, 03:05 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great news, River... Thanks for the update... Something to look forward to...

08.13.2017, 04:11 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh good! It sounded like this would be happening soon, but it's nice to have some official word.

08.13.2017, 06:41 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OH, did something just get announced about Ghibli Studio? I hadn't noticed...

08.13.2017, 07:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pretty much all their staff will have moved on in the last 3 1/2 years. Seems to me a huge effort to rebuild a team like that.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.14.2017, 10:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ That's what I was worried about. Didn't most of the creative team follow Yonebayashi to Studio Ponoc?

I'm interested to see what they come up with, but I have a fear some of the magic may be gone by now.

Still, with Miyazaki in charge anything can happen. He could attract some to return along with a new staff, so I still have hope.

08.14.2017, 11:01 AM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wonder if Ghibli and Ponoc might investigate the feasibility of a joint venture? As long as there's no legal objections or creative objections from the two companies bosses it might be possible.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.14.2017, 12:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji Amasawa
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cant wait till they announce Spirited Away 2....

08.14.2017, 11:50 PM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji Amasawa
Cant wait till they announce Spirited Away 2....

I do like the way it ended in the first one, but I could see how it might continue with Chihiro either an older child or a mother with a child who meets Haku in some manner and is at the Spirit House (forget its name offhand). I think that would be interesting...

08.15.2017, 12:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Husky - Seiji was joking.

"Is there going to be a Spirited Away 2?" is the single most common request of the child fans. Its become a meme.

08.15.2017, 08:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks