QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I cant take it anymore Ponyo
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » I cant take it anymore Ponyo » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  I cant take it anymore PonyoPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately my daughter has gotten to the age that she likes to watch TV, I have now watched Ponyo more times then is advisable by the world health organisation. Even worse that it is one of my least like Studio Ghibli Films.
I try to play another Ghibli but she will just sit there pointing at the TV saying "Pomo" Pomo" Pomo".....

Has anyone else had this problem? lol

11.05.2017, 08:21 PM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I had the same experience with Totoro... When ever my grandaughters came over for a visit, they started hollering "Totoro! Totoro!, etc" until I put a disc in the player and then Grandpa was ignored until the movie was over... Then Grandpa! Totoro!...sigh

So yes, I've been there, Seiji...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Even worse was the time when my niece and nephew spent the weekend...

Have you ever heard of "SpongeBob SquarePants"?
They were having a weekend marathon of SpongeBob that weekend...
"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea... etc" I still use the epithet, "Crabby patties!"... sigh

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.05.2017, 11:37 PM.

11.05.2017, 11:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This phase of her young life - and your life interacting with her at this wonderful age - will soon pass. There will be a time in the future when you could wish the clock could be turned back so you could experience this again. Next time perhaps, instead of watching the film, study her face as she enjoys it.

You could try sneaking the Cat Returns into the DVD player one day and if she complains just ask her to try this one.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.06.2017, 09:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WOW. i did not know you had a child. cool. i dont have any relatives nearby of that age to experiement( ) ghibli. Enjoy man enjoy the great time of your life. sneak peak maybe

(PS. i ask everyone for photos of their life, most of the time they ignore though, i do it anyway)

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 11.06.2017, 11:12 AM.

11.06.2017, 11:10 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha
A verbal 'photo' is about all you can expect as most parents hesitate about posting photos of their children online in public forums.

Many of us have posted our own photos in years past and it would be interesting to see these changes. I would like to see our 'Photo' section revived, at least to some extent. I cannot at tis moment post as I am in a time constraint and have to pick up 3 others and go to a locked gate site to view a historical feature. I have been working towards this venture for ages...

@Seiji:
As Saddles said, look at the rapture and wonder and joy in your child's face and carry the memory in your heart... Grab an un-noticed photo to share with them in their future...

11.06.2017, 02:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Seiji Amasawa
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
@Seiji:
As Saddles said, look at the rapture and wonder and joy in your child's face and carry the memory in your heart...

You mean the stunned silence as she wonders what the hell is going on lol

11.06.2017, 06:48 PM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it's funny since ponyo is hands-down the best ghibli work for me. although I might come to hate it too, if forced to watch it over and over, eventually.

double-funny because I tried to watch the napping princess anime today, but gave up after only 1 minute, the moment I saw the talking dog. I thought to myself, what am I, 7 years old? why do I need to watch something that was made for kids. and then there is ponyo 😆

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.06.2017, 09:14 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji Amasawa
quote:
@Seiji:
As Saddles said, look at the rapture and wonder and joy in your child's face and carry the memory in your heart...

You mean the stunned silence as she wonders what the hell is going on lol

No, her look as she is watching Ponyo... lol

11.07.2017, 02:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

is it bad?

05.10.2018, 07:32 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Not at all, IMO... Just not some viewers cup of tea...

05.10.2018, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks