QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Name the movie/character game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Name the movie/character game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Alright, next up is...

"I guess we'll just have to stop feeling how we feel."

My Anime List

11.27.2017, 09:55 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Alright, next up is...

"I guess we'll just have to stop feeling how we feel."

This is going to be a hard one to even get a start on...Feelings in one way or another in almost all of the Ghibli's... lol

11.27.2017, 01:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does Rin say this to Chihiro in Spirited Away?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.27.2017, 01:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope, that's not it. ^^

My Anime List

11.27.2017, 02:16 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ooh, wait a minute. I think its from Pom Poko where two of the Tanuki (whose names I can't remember) are having animal feelings towards each other but suppress them for the good of the group - or something along those lines.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.27.2017, 02:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Nah, I never did see Pom Poko. This quote's from a much more recent film.

My Anime List

11.27.2017, 02:53 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kazegami, Spoiler!, highlight to read.

we'll just have to go back to being friends,
right?

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 11.27.2017, 03:43 PM.

11.27.2017, 03:40 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kaz: I"m going to say Shun to Umi in "From up on Poppy Hill"..when he finds that she is related....

And if it is right, I did not look at makc's spoiler. I have no idea what it says... It would spoil my fun...

11.27.2017, 06:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I went thru my list of Ghibli's and narrowed it down to 5 or 6 with about 5 possibilities after them. Kaz gave me a clue later in stating that it was a newer film. I had check out one or two when I saw that and looked at my list. Of the four newer ones that I had marked as mild possibilities, Poppy Hill was the one that seemed the most probable. I checked the film and this was very close...

11.27.2017, 06:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Kaz: I"m going to say Shun to Umi in "From up on Poppy Hill"..when he finds that she is related....

Pretty sure this is correct. This is the first one where I think I remembered it!

11.27.2017, 08:16 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

The words are not in perfect order but close enough to try.

11.27.2017, 08:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You got it! Sorry if the quote wasn't exactly right. D: When I was searching for it there were a few variations so I chose the one that sounded closest to what I remembered.

My Anime List

11.27.2017, 09:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

the next one is:

"Nobody can watch any show now."

11.28.2017, 03:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

A clue that should give away the film.

'a neighborly TV'

11.30.2017, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This is a tough one. With that clue I'm thinking that it must be from My Neighbors The Yamadas, but I don't remember from what scene at all...

My Anime List

11.30.2017, 05:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Close enough, not as many people have seen this movie and I have watched it 3 or 4 times or so...

The Yamada parents are fighting over who gets to watch their show on the TV and
Nonoko says: Nobody can watch any show now...
and Grandma says: This is more entertaining!!!

Go for it Kaz...

11.30.2017, 09:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ahh, I sort of remember it now. It's been years since I saw that one.

Next is...

"I hate potatoes."

My Anime List

12.01.2017, 12:23 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, I just saw that film a few days ago... the kid Markl in Howl's Moving Castle... He and Sophie are shopping in town, just before that Battleship comes into the harbor on fire... Shortly after, Sophie saw one of the WW's blob men...

12.01.2017, 03:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You got it! Too easy, huh. Your turn~

My Anime List

12.01.2017, 05:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, I just remembered that line from the movie, Markl was being a little snit...

Here we go:

Ha! You're forgetful too. See you later!

12.01.2017, 06:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks