QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cloud Game OST
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Cloud Game OST Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.07.05
Cloud Game OSTPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/cloud_ost.zip

When I first heard this soundtrack, I couldn't help noticing the resemblance with Joe Hisaishi's Ghibli OSTs. While the game itself is quite inspiring, it's Diamante's dreamlike composations, which would take any game into a new level.

Could you really forget that feeling of flying headlong through clouds? I could not.

01.22.2006, 05:13 PM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much for sharing the link. I have also tried the cloud game, and enjoy its relaxing atmosphere very much. It is certainly a breath of fresh air in the fad of MMORPG and dating sims of the gaming industry. The only drawback of the game is the relatively high hardware requirement. Even though my PC has a 1.86Ghz CPU, 512MB ram and 64MB video ram, the game starts to lag when the cloud under my control is growing too large.

The music certainly has a Hisahishi touch, and fits the "daydream" theme of the game very well. It makes me feel like flying with Sheeta and Kiki. Indeed, according to one of the staff members, the music was inspired by the OST of Porco Rosso. In my opinion, although it does not have the romance and energy of the Porco OST, it reminds me of the feeling of watching Laputa and Totoro in a quiet night.

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/phpBB2/...pic.php?p=20#20

For anyone who has no idea on what the cloud game is, you can proceed to the official site for information and free (and legit) download of the installer. I highly recommend it to all Ghibli fans.

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud

01.24.2006, 02:48 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks