QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Fruits Basket
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Fruits Basket » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So... ahem... Fruits Basket. When I'm done with Honey & Clover I'll start watching it then.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.27.2007, 08:45 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I need to buy the ninth volume of the manga of Fruits Basket. Fwee hee, it seems Rin and Kureno are finally coming in. My, Rin's so skinny. o_O Kureno looks weird not in colour. XD And my sis thinks Momiji looks hot when he's older. lol

And apparently I'm also the Year of the Dog. Which makes me...Shigure. o_O Awkward how his name also requires "shi"..How many?! *using a certain translator, she found her Japanese name is Shizuka, which also contains "shi". It's curing me!!* I even used to have a Shigure bookmark, but it fell apart.^^' I'll have to buy a new one. Perhaps their will be new ones.^^

Ayame's on the next cover...o_O

And from the Zodiac, apparently I'm supposed to hate my father because he's a Dragon. *Hatori XD*

09.28.2007, 09:49 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I get to buy episodes 1-6 today!!

//

Edit: They didn't have it at the shop. Now I'm really depressed. *goes and cries quietly in a corner*

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.29.2007, 05:23 PM.

09.29.2007, 04:13 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i saw the dvd box set in jbhifi and it sounded good. i reckon turning into animals must be a strain on their love lives though.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

09.30.2007, 12:30 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
..Ayami..
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ..Ayami.. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know where I can find episode 1 of fruits basket in japanese with english subtitles???

I can find it in english dub but I just can't stand watching it in those stupid american voices >.<

(No offence to anyone who watches it in dub)

Post last edited by ..Ayami.. on 09.30.2007, 10:30 AM.

09.30.2007, 10:29 AM ..Ayami.. is offline   Profile for ..Ayami.. Add ..Ayami.. to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, that really is hard to find. The only subtitles at all that I could find were Spanish.

09.30.2007, 11:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ..Ayami..
Does anyone know where I can find episode 1 of fruits basket in japanese with english subtitles???

I can find it in english dub but I just can't stand watching it in those stupid american voices >.<

(No offence to anyone who watches it in dub)

Unless I'm mistaken, there is an option on all the DVDs to watch it in Japanese with subtitles. Other than that I'm sure you could find it on Youtube.

My Anime List

09.30.2007, 11:09 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yup, the FUNimation DVD has it, and if you click through all the subs, or just press the other sub button or something, you can find the subs that is probably from the original and has honorifics on the ends of the names.

My cuz whines because Furuba is hard to find on the Net and I had a DVD. It's always gone. Someone buys it.

I got the ninth volume.^^ Ah, Megumi and Saki are my favorite brother and sister anime characters. And Kureno has appeared~ Sugoi.^^

09.30.2007, 08:04 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
My cuz whines because Furuba is hard to find on the Net and I had a DVD. It's always gone. Someone buys it.

I didn't have trouble finding it. Have you tried Ebay?

10.03.2007, 01:38 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone found eps 1 & 2 in Japanese with English subs online. I want to try before I buy. Someone kindly gave me a link to the whole series in English dub but I want the Japanese., so thanks if anyone can find it. I can't.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.12.2007, 06:29 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are plenty of versions available on various bittorrent sites. Just select to download only the first two episodes in your client.

10.12.2007, 06:39 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I've hardly done any torrenting and don't really know how to...

10.12.2007, 07:06 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I've hardly done any torrenting and don't really know how to...

If you can post on a forum, than you have the know-how to use bittorrent:

1 - Search Google for "Azureus", download and install
2 - Go on Animesuki.com and find anime of your choice. (Well, since you want an anime that's already been licensed, you'll have to use boxtorrents.com)
3 - Download torrent.
4 - Open torrent in Azureus. You can unselect which files you don't want to download (in this case, all episodes other than 1 & 2)
5 - Wait until completed.

There is far more material on bittorrent than you will find anywhere else. Most groups release anime currently airing, which is unlicensed in the west, through bittorrent, and that's how I get all of mine.

Of course, on the opposite end of the debate, a lot of groups keep posting anime that's already been licensed in the West, which is considered "morally wrong", though the lawyers will tell you both kinds of distribution are technically against the law.

I'm wondering why you don't simply rent a DVD if you want to try it out?

Post last edited by Theowne on 10.12.2007, 07:28 PM.

10.12.2007, 07:25 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Theowne I'm wondering why you don't simply rent a DVD if you want to try it out?
Fair point, but where I live "Where from?" would be my answer, there is no way to even buy anime DVDs where I live, let alone rent them. I buy online or occasionally in London but round here, nada.

10.13.2007, 07:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Theowne
Baron

Amazon.co.uk operates a rental-by-post service. Rent 2 DVDs for 4 pounds. And they have a free trial available right now.

10.13.2007, 02:54 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Well I'm not really one of the internet generation but that just seems to be too much hassle to be brutally honest. In reality I'd rather get off my bottom and go to a DVD rental shop and rent over the counter. But there isn't anywhere near me that rents anime.

10.13.2007, 05:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

lol, I've only seen few DVD's of anime for rental I've seen, and Whisper of the Heart is one and gets rented often. XD I need to find the person. Small area, shouldn't be too hard, lol.

I'm gonna have to find the first DVD for my cuz before myself. Between Fruits Basket and CLAMP work, it's hard..

10.13.2007, 07:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Has anyone found eps 1 & 2 in Japanese with English subs online. I want to try before I buy. Someone kindly gave me a link to the whole series in English dub but I want the Japanese., so thanks if anyone can find it. I can't.

http://stage6.divx.com/videos/search:fruits+basket

Ta-daa! The illegalness that is streaming sites.

10.14.2007, 12:29 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi Ta-daa! The illegalness that is streaming sites.

XD XD XD

Quote of the day.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.14.2007, 12:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi Ta-daa! The illegalness that is streaming sites.

Thanks. Now I can watch a couple of episodes before I decide if I want to buy it.

10.14.2007, 07:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks