QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - who is your favourite Ghibli Director?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions who is your favourite Ghibli Director? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Who is your favourite Ghibli Director?
Takahata Isao
Miyazaki Hayao
Miyazaki Goro
Morita Hiroyuki
Results
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.03.06
who is your favourite Ghibli Director?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Earthsea Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tell me what you all think! i'd love to know!

03.05.2006, 01:47 AM Earthsea is offline   Profile for Earthsea Add Earthsea to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definitely Takahata, with Kondo and Miyazaki following close behind, then Morita, Momose, and Mochizuki.

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

03.05.2006, 09:43 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't decide! They're all so good!

03.06.2006, 05:28 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
The Violin Maker
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Violin Maker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hayao: Totoro, Kiki, Laputa. Nuff' said.

03.06.2006, 11:05 PM The Violin Maker is offline   Profile for The Violin Maker Add The Violin Maker to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Auden Twilight
amemiko
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amemiko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Takahata is great. Everything is so subtle and peaceful and reaches the essence with ease....

03.07.2006, 06:18 AM amemiko is offline   Profile for amemiko Add amemiko to your buddy list
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  AwwwPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I think its perhaps a little premature to include Goro since we've only seen a trailer so far.....

...but I'm just torn between Takahata and Miyazaki. Both have very different styles that cultivate masterpieces in there own right. I'll usually opt for Miyazaki in terms of entertainment, but Grave of the Fireflies was perhaps the most moving film I've ever seen.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

03.07.2006, 04:54 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

E_Hakki, i agree. Grave of the Fireflies was, to put it bluntly, a masterpiece. Miyazaki-sama is #1 though.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.15.2006, 02:51 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
You who ate a star, O heartles
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.28.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by You who ate a star, O heartles Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi i am new
i have wonted to see Fireflies for a long while is it good? tell me all about it.

03.28.2006, 04:25 AM You who ate a star, O heartles is offline   Profile for You who ate a star, O heartles Add You who ate a star, O heartles to your buddy list
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Grave of the Fireflies is a semiautobiographical story about two kids trying to survive during the war.

It's...heartbreaking to say the least.

04.04.2006, 09:31 AM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Grave of the Fireflies because its so brutally honest. Without giving away too much, the film begins with a solid introduction that sets an ominous tone for the whole movie. Therefore you immediately know the direction it shall take, yet Takahata still manages to create a profoundly shocking and moving film.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

04.04.2006, 11:47 AM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki for ever!!!!!! i love all the ghibli movies!!!!!!! but the element of extreme fantasy in Miyazakis is so beuatifull, it takes my mind into the clouds - from where i wish it would never come down.
Though grave of the fireflys was without a doubt truly moving, i saw it last week and have not been able to forget it - im hounted by it.
yet its gotta be Miyazaki (til' i die). hes one cool dadio - 8]

05.02.2006, 09:31 AM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
Totoro35
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totoro35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How come Yoshifumi Kondo wasn't included in the poll?

05.02.2006, 08:02 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I voted for Miyazaki. He directed 4 of my all-time favorite movies (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaa, and Kiki's Delivery Service). Oops that's 5.

After him, I also love Hiroyuki Morita because The Cat Returns is so funny cute and awesome. And I also love Yoshifumi Kondo for Whisper of the Heart, which is one of my favorite movies. Such a shame he passed away too 8(

05.02.2006, 09:39 PM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Totoro35
How come Yoshifumi Kondo wasn't included in the poll?

Wondering too. The director of Whisper deserves a big mention for being a director handpicked by Miyazaki to take over him.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.03.2006, 01:30 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Homicidal_llama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Homicidal_llama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by The Violin Maker
Hayao: Totoro, Kiki, Laputa. Nuff' said.

Thats why I voted for him! Also if it wern't for Hayao's Spirted Away then i very much doubt Studio Ghibli would be as famous as they are now...

Post last edited by Homicidal_llama on 05.03.2006, 09:33 AM.

05.03.2006, 09:32 AM Homicidal_llama is offline   Profile for Homicidal_llama Add Homicidal_llama to your buddy list
Hyuma
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hyuma Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hayao: all his movies.

Post last edited by Hyuma on 05.03.2006, 09:51 PM.

05.03.2006, 09:50 PM Hyuma is offline   Profile for Hyuma Add Hyuma to your buddy list Homepage of Hyuma
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi there! I'm new to these forums.

I voted for Takahata as he is more "out there" and is willing to try something new, unlike Miyazaki which tends to stay with fantasy/adventure type movies.
To be honest, none of the Miyazaki movies have been impressive-just good. They aren't on the same level as Grave of the Fireflies, Kondo's Whisper of the Heart and to some extent Yamadas. I'm desperate for a release of Only Yesterday because I know I'll enjoy that thoroughly too. However, I have yet to see Totoro (shameful isnt it?) and I'm hoping it'll change my opinion of the slightest on Miyazaki.

05.04.2006, 12:14 AM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For me, it's Hayao Miyazaki, but Takahata is a very close second.

05.05.2006, 06:11 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks