QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - NEW GHIBLI PROJECT ANNOUNCED!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions NEW GHIBLI PROJECT ANNOUNCED! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  NEW GHIBLI PROJECT ANNOUNCED!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

16th of February, NEW GHIBLI MOVIE ANNOUNCED:

My Japanese Ghibli friend Takahiro has just let me know that Studio Ghibli has updated their website with great news! They have announced that the famous Studio Ghibli background art director Kazuo Oga will be releasing his first film this summer, the 7th of July 2006 to be exact. More info over here:
www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

It will be updated with more info later tonight!

Post last edited by wushu-4-ever on 03.13.2006, 01:52 PM.

03.13.2006, 01:51 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
Fantastic news!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the great news wushu, can't wait for more information. At the moment its pretty vague.

From the small screenshots on your website I can't tell whether the pictures are drawn or live-action. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still grateful .

The comparison on your website also suggests that it is a short, rather than feature-length, am I right to assume this?

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

Post last edited by E_Hakki on 03.13.2006, 11:46 PM.

03.13.2006, 04:29 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by E_Hakki
Thanks for the great news wushu, can't wait for more information. At the moment its pretty vague.

From the small screenshots on your website I can't tell whether the pictures are drawn or live-action. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still grateful .

The comparison on your website also suggests that it is a short, rather than feature-length, am I right to assume this?

You're welcome!

The screenshots on my website aren't live action but painted pictures from Totoro, PomPoko and Only Yesterday. They do not belong to Oga's new project, but are just to give an idea of what Oga has made in the past.

You could presume that Oga's new project is a short (at least I do), because of the reason I mentioned on my site, but this has not been officialy confirmed by Ghibli.

03.14.2006, 12:34 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks a lot for the news. The Oga paintings in the Totoro art book has never failed to appall me every time I look at them. The level of details, the use of light... Everything is simply incredible. I look forward to his new directorial work very much.

As for its length, it does seem to be a relatively shorter piece of work (<30 min), given its late announcement date and Ghibli's history of double-releases in the recent decade. However, Ghibli is very good at keeping its work under cover, so I will just wait for the official information before jumping to a conclusion. Personally I would really love to see a double-feature like Totoro + Hotaru in 1988. Wishful thinking perhaps?

By the way, any idea of the length of "Taneyamagahara no Yoru" by Kenji Miyazaki? It may be a good reference for the Oga-movie-length-speculation.

03.15.2006, 12:39 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi,

There's a lot of Ghibli news straight from Japan today and it's goooood!!! Earlier this week by Studio Ghibli announced a new project which will be released next to "Gedo Senki". This project is called "Taneyamagahara no Yoru" and will be the director's debut of background art master Kazuo Oga. Today more details about that project. But there's more news: Studio Ghibli have updated their website with more info about the NHK program "Professional" that will feature Toshio Suzuki. GhibliWorld has a trailer of it and that's not all, but let's just start with the best news...

Buena Vista Japan announced that Ghibli’s new project “Taneyamagahara no Yoru”, , will be released on DVD on July 7th in honor of the 110th anniversary of Kenji Miyazawa. The DVD will be released as a Ghibli ga Ippai Collection Special together with a new release of Takahata’s Gauche the Cellist which is also based on a work of Kenji Miyazawa.

There's a lot more, but you'd better check it out over here:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Regards,

Peter

03.16.2006, 04:04 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The information of DVD was announced in March 13, wasn't it?
I did not notice it.

BTW, "Taneyamagahara no Yoru" is a scenario of the stage play that Kenji Miyazawa wrote.
It is a short story on 16 pages, about 2000 words.

He wrote the novel "Taneyamagahara" too.
those synopsis is roughly the same.

I understand Japanese very well.
but, because he was writing in the dialect of his home, I do not understand his writing well.

03.17.2006, 10:56 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So "Taneyamagahara no Yoru" turns out to be an OVA. Quite a surprise indeed as everyone of us expected it to be released along with Gedo in theatres. Perhaps Gedo is too lengthy (120+ min), and including a 27-min-side-feature is simply out of question.

It is a pity that English subtitles are not included, especially when the movie uses an obscure regional dialect that even native Japaneses can find it difficult to comprehend, let alone pathetic learners like me.

03.17.2006, 11:53 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Today more news on Studio Ghibli’s new project "Taneyamagahara no Yoru", “Gauche the Cellist” and to start off well for the weekend: the third of six dedicated specials to the Ghibli Museum Shorts!

Yesterday it was announced that Ghibli’s new project "Taneyamagahara no Yoru" will be released straight away on DVD on July 7th in honor of the 110th anniversary of Kenji Miyazawa together with Takahata’s “Gauche the Cellist” which is also based on a work of Kenji Miyazawa. This new release is good news because even though the former Japanese release did have English subs, the PQ wasn’t perfect, it didn’t contain very interesting extra’s and on top of that it has been out of print for some time now. Anyway, on my website the cover designs of both of the two new Ghibli DVD’s and also the links to pages where they happen to be up for pre-order now at Amazon.co.jp. Also, the third of six dedicated specials to the Ghibli Museum Shorts! Anyway, more info over here:
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Hope u like it!

Cheers,
Peter

03.18.2006, 05:36 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
biker_brat
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biker_brat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Do you think that Disney will receive the rights to release these movies outside of Asia? I really really want to see them!

03.21.2006, 11:45 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tales from earthsea oh i cant wait to see this film when it comes out, keep the great movies coming studio ghibli.

06.20.2006, 06:13 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks