QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - come here if you agree that howl is cute!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » come here if you agree that howl is cute!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  come here if you agree that howl is cute!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i can't close a thread!!!! aghhh

Post last edited by IluvHowl06 on 04.11.2006, 09:18 PM.

03.20.2006, 12:24 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
yikesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heh, I do not find Howl attractive for I am a man. Although, I am entrigued by his demonic bird form.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

Post last edited by shiawase on 03.20.2006, 04:33 PM.

03.20.2006, 04:28 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well i (being a man too - and a manly one at that) must admit that howl does have sum ting.

05.01.2006, 05:48 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love love love Howl! From the first time I watched Howl's Moving Castle, I was totally enthralled with him.

I'm a girl, not that it matters. I wish Howl were real too (i'm also delusional).

05.03.2006, 07:35 AM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im anither man..... i think Howl is cool, at the end when he stops being a wuss, & that seen at the start where he & sophie fly around, he looked cool there. the girl was cute to, wen she wasnt an old woman

cheers

05.03.2006, 08:36 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
im anither man..... i think Howl is cool, at the end when he stops being a wuss, & that seen at the start where he & sophie fly around, he looked cool there. the girl was cute to, wen she wasnt an old woman

cheers

Pretty much sums up what I wanted to say. Howl's chivalry in the beginning looked too fake. I dunno if it was unintentional because of the VA or if it was on purpose, but I just felt that way.

Sophie could use a better voice when she's young. Unless I'm mistaken, she's supposed to be in her late 20s, not even 30 yet. And working in a hat shop couldn't possibly cause your voice to age like that.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 05.03.2006, 11:54 AM.

05.03.2006, 11:54 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't find Sophie's age in the novel, all I remember is that her mother died when she was two, but she then grew up and worked in the shop. For all we know she could be 12 or 22. Of course, if I'm wrong, please correct me!

Howl is still my favourite film character. I thought that the enigmatic aurora which surrounds him in the novel was well preserved in the film.

As for being cute? I think it's the fact that his face is slighty ethereal. It's completly perfect, with no blemishes. I wouldn't call him a wuss at the start, that does seem a little harsh, but the interesting bit comes from seeing how Sophie, and to a greater extent love, changes his personality

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.03.2006, 04:44 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, somewhere i've heard that sophie is 18.

05.05.2006, 11:10 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howl is ridiculously gorgeous!! He's nice with black hair, but with blond hair...mmmmmmm, yummy!!
Being that I am slightly odd, I also fancy other animated characters, namely Hwoarang and Jin from Tekken, and Fuma from X. Isamu from Macrosse Plus is quite fit too. Yay for being weird!!!

05.11.2006, 07:18 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

omg, i agree with you, spiritedsen. you now, there is a lesson to be learned in this world - to be wierd, is not to be wierd. i don't know, i got that from a fortune cookie i got from P.F. Changs...

05.11.2006, 10:49 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

like your avatar by the way

Post last edited by IluvHowl06 on 05.13.2006, 09:10 PM.

05.13.2006, 09:10 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cheers, yours is pretty sweet too...I sooo love his blond hair! mmmm! (BTW, I know loads of people really disliked H.M.C, but I think it's awesome!)
It's true what you say about being weird...maybe the only really weird people are the ones who think they are normal! oooh, deep!!!
Anyway, men fancy Lara Croft, and there's always some big boobed anime chick floating about that they all love...why should the guys have all the fun??!
We should start a movement! Here, I've already made up a chant...WHAT DO WE WANT? More fit anime guys! WHEN DO WE WANT THEM? Now!!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.13.2006, 09:57 PM.

05.13.2006, 09:55 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Anyway, men fancy Lara Croft, and there's always some big boobed anime chick floating about that they all love...

Not true! Not all anime loving men are shallow or bank only on their senses! I'm offended. I like Hayao's work for a reason. Is Sen attractive: NO, anyone else attractive: NO!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.14.2006, 03:12 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey man, lura croft is ugly. wen i look at girls, i look at one only, & most guys i no r like this, its just that they think lookin at girls (asses) is cool. its not. i am insulted about that laru croft shit, & take that back, thats being stereotypical, & ive been setryeotyped enough times to ******* hate it.

05.14.2006, 07:30 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Hey Thug, take it easy man, that's not the way we talk to eachother around here!! You and Shiawase wanna take a chill pill, and not take things so personally. Relax buds

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.15.2006, 08:45 AM.

05.14.2006, 10:00 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
i am insulted about that laru croft shit, & take that back, thats being stereotypical, & ive been setryeotyped enough times to ******* hate it.

I don't find Lara Croft particulary enticing either, but she has certainly done great things for girls in gaming.

Here's two facts about the dear Ms. Croft:

1.) At first Lara Croft was a man. In 1995 Core Design planned for a male archaeologist to be the star of their game. After all, up 'till then gaming girls were either kidnapped girlfriends (Mario and Peach) or were thrown into sexist games like 'Samantha Fox Strip Poker'. BUT, Core was scared of being accused of copying Indiana Jones, so changed their man to a girl.

2.) Lara Croft was going to be called Lara Cruz, but Core changed it to Croft to match her Upper Class schooling in Wimbledon, England.

Want more? Her blood group is AB negative, born on Valentine's Day 1967, weighs nine stone, and went to a Swiss finishing school. She also sold 16 million copies by her fourth game.

Anyway, I have no doubt that some tasteless people do drool over their game consoles, but not me.... no really.... I mean it. *Wipes sweat from forehead nervously*....

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.14.2006, 10:02 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

uhhh....i hope i didn't cause all the cursing in this thread...insults just creep me out. i'd rather if something is bothering you, you just don't post how you're insulted, because you won't be meeting these members in person. unless they really bother you, that's when you can argue back that way. so knock it OFF.

Post last edited by IluvHowl06 on 05.15.2006, 11:23 AM.

05.15.2006, 11:22 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by IluvHowl06
uhhh....i hope i didn't cause all the cursing in this thread...insults just creep me out. i'd rather if something is bothering you, you just don't post how you're insulted, because you won't be meeting these members in person. unless they really bother you, that's when you can argue back that way. so knock it OFF.

I hope I didn't insult anyone here... I'm so sorry if I did.... I only gave some facts about Lara Croft, who for some reason I know a bit about...

Although I did quote Master I-B4-E-THUG's raging comments ~ I do not agree! Which is part of the reason why I don't swear or eat meat.

Actually, me being vegetarian has nothing to do with this, so I'll finish with one final thing...

Sorry if I have hurt anyone, I didn't mean to!

05.15.2006, 11:38 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That THUG guy was dissing SpiritedSen for stereotyping men. I see no insults what so ever in this post.

Don't be ashamed to know a lil about Lara Croft. I also know that much and more. I have a book about her videogame phenomenon back in the 90's... 8]

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.15.2006, 07:23 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeh gettin a lil' defincive there. i mean guys lets be honest she may be totaly hyperboled (its all pretty big!!!) and uttely pixalated but you cant call her ugly now can you???
or am i just perverted?

i mean the chicks dig howl (and hes alright its true) so lets not deny our masculnity.
though shes too posh for me.

05.15.2006, 07:35 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks