QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Dragged back to beg again (jpn-text incl) [more questions on Shiawase]
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Dragged back to beg again (jpn-text incl) [more questions on Shiawase] » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, I've read and re-read all the posts over and over again, and I've come to this final conclusion.

"Nani yo, anna no onna no hitori ya futari!"

"Anna no onna" is obviously referring to the 'mere' girls. Note the plural. Takayuki would be rebuffing Hiromi's idea, that he's forever grumbling about mere girls. 'hitori ya futari" could mean "one or two", or it could just mean a few, or at least not many.

Therefore, he would be saying one of these two:

1) "Excuse me, but that only happened once or twice!"
- This is if he was referring to the grumbling. Or,

2) "Excuse me, but there's only so many 'mere' girls!"
-This is if he was referring to 'mere' girls.

But afterwards, he was quoted as saying, "Daitai, anna onna tte... shiri mo shinai kuse ni." (Besides, a mere girl... as if you know her.)

He said 'besides', so I'm guessing the earlier quote was reffering to the other argument i.e. the grumbling. (This is where I'm basing my judgement from.)

Thus, I think choice (1) would be the right one, yes?

Also, I realized that Nanashi has been has been typing the quote as originating from Hiromi, when it's actually Takayuki who's saying it.

Anyway, if there's no objections, or if anyone has a better translation to offer, this one will go into this week's release.

And let's pray the last two releases won't have any problems even half as hard as this one.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.02.2006, 11:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry I missed Hiromi and Hanako.

but... Wait!
I understood the cause of confusion.

"Naniyo! Anna onna no hitori ya futari"
this lines are Hiromi has spoken.

This lines are written in overhead of him. But Takayuki hasn't spoken in this cut.
"Nani-yo"
"-yo": this phrase are used by only female.
Hiromi snap at him, and Takayuki is cooling her funning the excitement. He was so awed by her vigor.
therefore,
Hiromi: "Naniyo! Anna onna no hitori ya futari"
ok?

"Anna onna" is referring to the Kikyo.
"hitori ya futari" is one girl or two girls.
BUT,
"anna onna no hitori ya futari" are same meaning of
"Kikyou no hitori ya futari"
Kikyo is one girl. Why is Kikyo two girls?
its means "Kikyou no koto nante!"

Hiromi would be saying ...
x 1) that only happened once or twice!
x 2) there's only so many 'mere' girls!
o 3) (forget) such a girl!

http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/images/shiawase1.jpg

"Daitai, anna onna tte... shiri mo shinai kuse ni."
A mere girl... You don't even know her.
What meaning is "Besides"?
In this case, "Daitai" mening about "Somosomo". its meaning like "Well, ".

Post last edited by nanashi on 05.02.2006, 10:20 PM.

05.02.2006, 10:11 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wait... so in other words the one who spoke that line was Hiromi, not Takayuki?

*scratches head* AAAAARRRGGGHHH!

My head hurts. *calms down* Okay then. Now that I think about it, it's true; guys almost never say "Nani yo", it's female speech.

Whew... okay the, so we're laying this matter to rest finally? Yeah. Thanks. It's been a long battle.

Thanks Nanashi, for making things clear on where the confusion started from.

EDIT: Okay, this may come a little late, but then Wingsee (my beloved generous host) hasn't uploaded the previous file either, so maybe some late updating could be done before she uploads this one.

Anyway, for Hiromi's outburst, I've decided to use this:

"See here, Tsuge-chan!! You're forever grumbling about some mere girl, you know that? C'mon, she's just another girl!"

Underlined to show that confusing line's final trans. I'm editing the page as we speak, so yeah, if there's no from now till I send it worldwide, it'll be my final. Unless someone threatens me with a gun forcing me to change, heh heh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 05.04.2006, 09:48 AM.

05.03.2006, 01:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nice.
I think that the nuance of the cry of Hiromi appeared well in your translation.

Thank you.

Post last edited by nanashi on 05.04.2006, 04:24 PM.

05.04.2006, 04:22 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Saa minna saigo no mondai, kakugou dekita ka na!

... "

Juz a small line. Ambiguous, to put it bluntly, even though that's the supposed intention.

P154, after Mamoru confessed to Hiromi (small spoiler, but eh).

Mamoru: Nandayo, Takayuki dake ja nakute, omae mo sonna donkan na no? Otegaru na koi ka mo shirenai kedo sa... ore. Omae no kota ga suki da yo. Ma, kinaga ni matsu kara sa...

Hiromi: Mamoru-chan... Watashi... Mamoru-chan de ii...

Mamoru: Eh- Hontou? Are... mate yo. [... de ii]? Nanka ki ni naru ii kata da na.

So yeah. It's not that I don't understand, but it's slightly confusing.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.09.2006, 04:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanashi
Ohmu

I expected that this line might be problem.

Mamoru ga ii.
= You are accepted by me.
Mamoru de ii.
= Even you are accepted by me.

Mamoru-chan de ii...
=Mamoru-chan demo ii...

She accept him though it is negative.
But her negative words are apparent words. She covered the embarrassment that she declared to Mamoru her love.
At this time, she noticed his gentleness for the first time.

05.09.2006, 10:16 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

My original translation was "fine too", which I took from the general dialogue and atmosphere.

"Mamoru-chan's fine too..."

But actually... the problem line is what Mamoru said in the end. Sorry Nanashi, better luck next time.

He knows that being "fine" is not what he wanted, so why did he say what he said? What did he say anyway?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.09.2006, 11:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanashi
Ohmu

in generaly, "ii" meaning fine, nice or good. as you said.
in this case, and we use it a lot in the conversation.
"ii" include other meaning.

Hiromi: Mamoru-chan... Watashi... Mamoru-chan de ii...
Mamoru: Eh- Hontou? Are... mate yo. [... de ii]? Nanka ki ni naru ii kata da na.

In this case, the most important word is "de", not "ii".
of course, the reply for which Mamoru really hoped is "ga ii. "
"Mamoru ga ii.", this meaning of choosing Mamoru as the first.
"Mamoru de ii...", though Mamoru is chose, the first man is not Mamoru.

+sample+
Hayao: Here is a Buta and a Neko. Which do you choose, Goro?
Goro: "Buta ga ii."
Hayao: Wait. Don't you know that I like Buta?
Goro: "Neko de ii..." *cry* ( ; _ ; )
Hayao: [... de ii]? Nanka ki ni naru ii kata da na. (Your expression disturb me. )

Cheers!

Post last edited by nanashi on 05.09.2006, 01:37 PM.

05.09.2006, 01:32 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Yeah, that's what I learned after years of watching anime

I kinda had a gut feeling that he was not really happy with the reply. The "ii kata" confused me a little. Anyway, I guess a not-so-literal translation is the only way out here. My final trans would be 'What's that supposed to mean?" It doesn't come anywhere close to the literal trans, but I think it suits the context best.

Thx again. There ain't any other problems with the rest of the script as far as I can discover, so maybe this would be the last problem for the whole thing, which means I can actually go ahead of schedule and plan something nice for lé finalé.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 05.10.2006, 02:56 AM.

05.09.2006, 09:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanashi
Ohmu

--------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Roarkiller
"What's that supposed to mean?" It doesn't come anywhere close to the literal trans, but I think it suits the context best.
--------------------------------------------------
That's nice.
I will also bear it in mind like that.

"ii kata" meaning isn't "good shoulder" and isn't "nice guy".

Post last edited by nanashi on 05.11.2006, 11:02 AM.

05.10.2006, 09:58 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I was actually thinking more in the "method" line. As in yarikata.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.10.2006, 10:02 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Well, it's over officially.

Big thanks to everyone, especially Nanashi, Jiji and dballred. Couldn't have done much without you guys.

So how was it? Any complaints, comments, whatever I should take note of?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.19.2006, 11:12 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much Roarkiller -a speedy and quality translation.

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

05.20.2006, 11:58 AM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How awesome Roarkiller You did an amazing job with it, can't believe i'm actually reading Shiawase na Jikan (thought i'd never be able to).

Almost brought a tear to my eye to visit with Shizuku and the Baron and Muta again (the cat library was cool).

Thanks so much Roarkiller (and to the others that helped)!!

05.20.2006, 02:20 PM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks