QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Translation please!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Translation please! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Translation please!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was on the net being bored and surfing through some videos and I stumbled upon one that plays a very catchy Japanese tune. I was wondering if someone could translate this song, I don't plan on asking someone to translate every song I hear, don't worry, I just really want to know what he says in this one!! Here's the link...
Translate the song please!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

04.17.2006, 07:21 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, it's collection of Eye-Catcher of "Pitagora Suicchi".
Pitagora Suicchi : (ピタゴラスイッチ) aired NHK-Educational-TV in Japan. for Kids. (15min)

this song title is "Pitago Souchi Yonjuu Ichi Ban no Uta"
this is romanized lyric.
--------------------------------------------------
oritekitanowa kuuki ponpu
akadama korori minikaa hashireba
tonkachi-
haguruma haguruma guru guru
hako kara tobidasu biidama biisuke
tonneru guru guru guru guru

biidama biisuke mega mawari
atowa makaseta kami koppu kaa kara
chibi koppu kaa koketa

jiguzagu sakamichi shinchouni- shinchouni- shinchouni-
tonikaku sakamichi shinchouni- shinchouni- shinchouni-
hitori tabi renraku gakari mo junchou
noborida soreyuke nandasaka yareyuke soreyuke tsuitazo
omou mamonaku biidama kiemashita
iyamate

korokoro detekita reeruwo jimichini korogatte-
iyoiyo sokoniwa yajirushi kaa
shinkou houkou yajirushi no shimesu toori
gouru
pitagora souchi yonjuu ichi ban no uta- deshita
--------------------------------------------------

04.17.2006, 02:21 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

eigoPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you nanashi, greatly appreciated. I would like the english version though please. Is there any way I could download his songs too? Thank-you.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

04.18.2006, 03:20 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This lyrics do not especially have the meaning.
It is difficult to translate because it is word play.
i like this tv-show. i see it every week.

Song of Pitagora Souchi No.41
Lyric: Satou Masahiko, Uchino Masumi
Music: kurihara Masami
Song: Kusaka Yoshiaki

Air pump descended Red ball roll when Minicar runs
Hammer
Gear Gear whirl
sprang out from a box, Bii-dama(marble) Bii-suke
Tunnel whirl whirl
Bii-dama Bii-suke get dizzy
leaves it from Paper-cup-car
Little-cup-car tumbled
zigzag slope cautiously cautiously cautiously
anyway slope cautiously cautiously cautiously lonely journey
Liaison man satisfactory
uphill let's go such a slope go go let's go arrive
No thinking time Marble disappeared Wait!
roll out roll on the rail steadily rolling
at last there is an Arrow-car
direction is indicated by an arrow Goal!
this is song of Pitagora Souchi No.41

Post last edited by nanashi on 04.18.2006, 11:51 AM.

04.18.2006, 11:48 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha, I suddenly love this show too Nanashi. I've seen it quite a few times now. Thank-you for the english translation, it was very useful.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 04.19.2006, 03:53 AM.

04.19.2006, 03:53 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got more of those. Just so happened that when I was at a friend's house, he was showing this April Fool's anime episode for bleach, but was actually a collection of Pitagora Switch.

I didn't know it was a series. Too bad I don't have NHK on TV, and even if I do, I don't know when it airs.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.23.2006, 11:17 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I downloaded so much Pitagora Switch!! It's sooo awesome!! 8]

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 04.24.2006, 03:06 AM.

04.24.2006, 03:06 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
E_Hakki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.29.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by E_Hakki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh I love these things...soo creative

As shiawase pointed out a few can be downloaded from this site - http://www.ebaumsworld.com/cool_videos.html

Oh it has some other funny videos too, like a real moon walking bird and professional regurgitator .

Shiawase, do you know where we can get more...besides the obvious youtube of course?

http://rapidshare.com/files/119113404/My..._Comic.rar.html
Imouto He Scans -
http://rapidshare.com/files/120625788/Imouto_He.rar.html
Le Roi Et L'Oiseau English Subs -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J732GAHR
Original Mononoke Story in English -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K8A2YGU6

Post last edited by E_Hakki on 04.24.2006, 12:19 PM.

04.24.2006, 12:13 PM E_Hakki is offline   Profile for E_Hakki Add E_Hakki to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by E_Hakki
Oh I love these things...soo creative

As shiawase pointed out a few can be downloaded from this site - http://www.ebaumsworld.com/cool_videos.html

Oh it has some other funny videos too, like a real moon walking bird and professional regurgitator .

Shiawase, do you know where we can get more...besides the obvious youtube of course?

Try www.dailyhaha.com

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

04.24.2006, 05:31 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by E_Hakki

Yes I do, well my roomate does actually but unfortunatly he is sleeping! i will ask him in the morning and reply ASAP!!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

04.25.2006, 03:03 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks