QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howls moving castle
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Howls moving castle » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: howls moving castle like it or not?
yes!
No
Well if you give me a cookie
Results
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
biong
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.19.06
  Howls moving castlePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biong Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I thought it was actually kinda cool I liked it and I bet alot of you liked it too! ^^

"Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb!"

When it rains...people get wet...

04.19.2006, 07:57 PM biong is offline   Profile for biong Add biong to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sure was good! Even the bonus features were good!! Best part's when, near the end, Howl fights in the war, oh and of course when he melts in the fireplace.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

04.21.2006, 03:22 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see from the poll that I'm the only one who doesn't like it.

IMO it was Miyazaki's worst full-feature movie. apart from the artwork and music, nearly everything else was in shambles.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.23.2006, 11:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm new to Hayao Miyazaki's world of animé, but out of his three films I have seen, Howl's Moving Castle was my favourite

I've seen Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke too. Which do you think I should buy next?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

04.24.2006, 10:58 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
I'm new to Hayao Miyazaki's world of animé, but out of his three films I have seen, Howl's Moving Castle was my favourite

I've seen Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke too. Which do you think I should buy next?

If fantasy's your thing, then Castle in the Sky should be next, eh?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.24.2006, 10:58 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND!! Buy that one for sure!! It's my favourite.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

04.25.2006, 02:43 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the advice, I love fantasy ~ it's got something extra that no other genre has...

I'll get Nausicaa and Laputa, then see which I like the best.

Thanks again!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

04.25.2006, 04:10 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Yeah get both but I'm tellin' you now, Nausicaa is the best!!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 04.25.2006, 12:02 PM.

04.25.2006, 12:01 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
biong
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biong Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lol thats funny yes mononoke is a very artistic anime and is based sorta on the japanese religion of nature...shinto but castle in the sky is an extremely well done movie and I would recomened one of those and nausicaa!

"Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb!"

When it rains...people get wet...

04.25.2006, 01:00 PM biong is offline   Profile for biong Add biong to your buddy list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ofcourse!
it was stagering. amazing. colourfull. exiting and brilliant. though it went a bit over the top with the scarcrow guy being turned into a prince and all that - one to many happy endings i thought.

05.03.2006, 03:53 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i got my copy on dvd a couple of months before it came out in UK lol and fully enjoyed it..... but mononoke hime and nausicaa are still my favorite ghibli films though

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

05.03.2006, 04:36 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
dballred
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This was a very entertaining film. It wasn't as deep as Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, but it was heavily laden with messages--albeit no too subtle messages. Technically, it's his best film yet.

05.07.2006, 09:09 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
shiawase
Ohmu

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
Technically, it's his best film yet.

Agreed.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.10.2006, 03:11 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Hyuma
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hyuma Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!!

I've seen this movie three times in one year!

In Italy:
to Venice to "Biennale" on September 2004 for the world premiere (eng subbed).... then on january 2005 to Bologna for the "Future Film Festival" (eng subbed).... and on September 2005 (italian language).... ^_^

05.13.2006, 08:47 PM Hyuma is offline   Profile for Hyuma Add Hyuma to your buddy list Homepage of Hyuma
alaskakc94
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.14.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by alaskakc94 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I loved it! Besides the valley of the wind it's his best film!

05.14.2006, 02:34 PM alaskakc94 is offline   Profile for alaskakc94 Add alaskakc94 to your buddy list
seeversified
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.14.06
Hooray!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seeversified Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I certainly enjoyed "Howl's Moving Castle"! I was hooked after watching "Spirited Away" and "Princess Mononoke". Any movie that reaches my heart in such special way gets more than two thumbs up.

05.14.2006, 03:58 PM seeversified is offline   Profile for seeversified Add seeversified to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really like Howl!! It's one of my fave Ghibli's! I understand why people felt the ending was a bit schmaltzy and overly happy, what with turnip-head being a real boy, but I assume that's in the book (I haven't read it, so excuse me if it isn't!!), and if it is, I'm glad he kept it in, cos I hate when people make books into films and change the story.
The animation was gorgeous, as always, and I felt a connection to the characters. All in all, a top movie!!

06.06.2006, 10:53 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
lindseybermudez
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lindseybermudez Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

new here!! im reading the book at the moment its really good by the way!! but in the book the scare crow is like a horrer and gives sophie heart problems every time she see's him!! but im not gonna spoil it for thos of you who havent read it yet!

♥Boricua Anime Freak 4 Life♥

06.07.2006, 11:02 AM lindseybermudez is offline   Profile for lindseybermudez Add lindseybermudez to your buddy list Send an Email to lindseybermudez Homepage of lindseybermudez YIM Screenname: lindseybermudez@yahoo.com
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

awesome movie!!! i love howl's moving castle

yeah, i've already read the book...it's good

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.08.2006, 11:18 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Phyrra
Baron

Both Sunchaser and lindseyburmudez are completely right, the book's excellent! I strongly recommend it to anyone who has seen the film. I think that the novel is better than the anime; does anyone else agree or disagree? Although they are two entirely different things so it's kinda hard to compare them ...

This thread brings back memories... I made my first onlineghibli post here... *eyes go misty*

06.09.2006, 11:55 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks