QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Which do you prefer?
PS3
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Results
Author
Post [  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  ]
the
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.02.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by the Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

its not about the controller its about the games, and right now, x-360 has better games than ps3 and the wii.

05.02.2007, 09:04 AM the is offline   Profile for the Add the to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't say anything about the controller. I was merely saying that it was more original and different from other consoles.

Also, I'm sure that the PS3 and Wii will have plenty of amazing games when they've been out for as long as the 360 has been.

It really says something about the old XBox's staying power though. Out of Xbox, PS2 and GameCube, XBox was the latest to be released. However, Microsoft found it necessary to release the 360 a year before the competitors. Maybe they didn't think they'd last much longer?

If Microsoft were less greedy, they would've waited longer and built on the gaming experience that their console provides, but instead they chose to make as much money as possible (as if they don't make enough anyway) and created a console that looks and plays the same as all old consoles if marginally better.

05.02.2007, 09:19 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
gotta disagree with you there...
Microsoft made a very clever move bringing out the 360 as early as it did.
It payed off.
Even now, the 360 is selling a lot better than the ps3.
And although you can argue that it only brings the traditional gaming experience, so does the ps3. And so far, the 360 is still better than the ps3 in most things.
Games - check
Online community - check

Then theres the wii. I dont even bother comparing them. There is seriously no point to it. They are completely different!

I have the wii. I love it. But so far, apart from Zelda, there has not been a totally immersive gaming experience. Of course.. theres games like Excite truck or SSX, which do draw you in, but their effect does not last too much.

NOw.. with the Xbox 360, you get more serious games. Thats why Im getting it.
However, with the lineup that nintendo officially gave for this year (1st party games),I think the only other 360 game ill buy is probably Halo 3.
The line up includes:
Samsh Bros Brawl (hell yeah!)
Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime - Corruption
Wii Health
Wii Sports
and more.. seriously, im just naming a few.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html

As for ps3.. in my opinion..
they gotta start not just making serious games.. but any games at all.
I mean.. ok.. the Wii doesnt have many games, but they have loads compared to ps3!

Im not dissing the ps3. Ill probably buy it in a year, when it has established itself. I can get it pretty cheap aswell, because its codefree, meaning I can ask my bro to bring it from the USA for an apporximate 420 euros.

Just..
right now, when I was confronted with either ps3 or 360..
sorry but, 360 is my pick!

oh and..
If someone has an old guitar hero controller they dont want.
Send it over...
I will do my best to make a lego version of it!
(im super-serial!)

Post last edited by Loscil on 05.02.2007, 11:36 AM.

05.02.2007, 11:34 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
the
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by the Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

all i have to say about x-360 is 2 things elder scrolls 4 oblivion, and gears of war.

05.02.2007, 12:23 PM the is offline   Profile for the Add the to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see you point JRR.

But Oblivion is also on PC and PS3. Both are better than the 360 version. Gears of War is definitely a good game though.

Wii and PS3 owners have amazing games to look forward to. The Wii will have games like Super Smash Bros and Mario. The PS3 will have Metal Gear Solid 4, which has potential to be the Best Thing Ever.

05.02.2007, 01:07 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
its true..
elder scrolls is better on pc, that why i have it!
gears of wars.. well i bought it, so ill see for myself.

Ive never played Metal Gear Solid, as I was always a PC guy and only entered the console wars this generation.
It looks cool.
Possibly when I buy a ps3 (maybe for my next bday in feb...) Ill buy mgs4. Ill definitely get final fantasy XIII though.
Ive never owned a console, but I have played final fantasy many times.
As for smash bros, its possibly my most awaited wii game of the year, but in terms of general public.. I think Mario is a bigger game.
In terms of unqiue wii games, "no more heroes" looks really awesome.
Check that out.

As for ps3 killer games... ok.. metal gear solid 4.
You did however forget the 360..
and in case you think there is none on that console, i am sorry to have to inform you that Halo 3 is coming it, and is bringing alon the newest installation into the BIGGEST gaming franchise ever. .

Ohhh..
and now that sony has lost exclusives on Devil May cry..
I might buy Devil May Cry 4 for the 360 eventually.

extra question.
what do you think the next gen 360 will be called..
1080?

05.02.2007, 02:06 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well, technically the next half rotation would make it the Xbox 540 but 1080 might have mroe marketing appeal.

and make sure to check out MGS4, the first 3 were amazing games, made me buy a PS1 back int he day and helped keep the PS2 fresh with snake eater.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.02.2007, 05:01 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
In terms of unqiue wii games, "no more heroes" looks really awesome.
Check that out.

Hmm... I've not heard about that. I'll need to have a look.

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
and in case you think there is none on that console, i am sorry to have to inform you that Halo 3 is coming it, and is bringing alon the newest installation into the BIGGEST gaming franchise ever. .

Biggest gaming franchise ever? I don't understand...
Also, I'm nto a huge fan of Halo. In any respect. The gameplay is all well and good, but the storyline is essentially non-existent, and it's nothing on TimeSplitters 2 and Goldeneye.

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
and now that sony has lost exclusives on Devil May cry..
I might buy Devil May Cry 4 for the 360 eventually.

Exactly what the Xbox has always done: pinching franchises from other consoles.
Notice Rare releasing games for Nintendo consoles? Nope, not anymore.

05.03.2007, 05:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
the
Kodama

atleast they are not doing like nintedo does and keep dead franchises alive.

05.03.2007, 11:33 AM the is offline   Profile for the Add the to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!
its not like xbox steals them...
I mean.. whoever distributes decides weher the game goes..
Looks like most people think Xbox 360 is a safer tbet thna the PS3, at least for now.

And about Halo 3.. Im not saying the best. Im saying the biggest, meaning best sold, biggest campaign, biggest hype... biggest everything. It will be the biggest console game of the year. I am pretty sure of that. Only other centender is GTA, but with current PS3 sales it doesnt look too good.

The biggest game will probably be Pokemon DS..
I mean.. they sold 1 million in 5 days.. in the US alone!

Once again..
People seem to think im taking sides here.
I am seriously not! I have nothing against any of the consoles.
I used to be pissed off cause Sony used to copy every Nintendo innovation (and please.. lets not get into that, Ive had enough of those discussions).
So what? Its for the greater good of the gaming industry.
People are saying.. ah next gen, everyone will copy Nintendo with motion stuff...
Well if they do.. so what? Gaming took a big step forward.
And as large as the industry may seem, it is still nothing as to what it could be.

If its all broadening out, thats good.

And with all due repects, I dont really know which franchises you are on about, but heres a list of Nintendo franchises that are expected to have the best game int heir franchise on the wii.

Super MArio (3D, not old 2D platformers)
Metroid Prime
Smash Bros.
Mario Party

and mario kart must also be announced some time soon.
and THAT on the wii.. will be unstoppable.

Im probably buying each one of the above mentioned games...
Online smash bros...
cant wait.

05.03.2007, 11:43 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Nintendo don't keep dead franchises alive. They keep good franchises alive.

And by "stealing", I didn't mean actually stealing, but it's to the same effect.

I'm not really taking sides either. I just don't like Xbox, and it all started because Microsoft, being greedy as ever, decided to jump into something that had nothing to do with them. It's possible that other companies would have continued to make consoles otherwise, instead of just developing games, like Sega.

05.03.2007, 11:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

YO!
well see the birght side of it..
Game industry is developing, the Xbox is doing well..
maybe Sega should have worked harde with the Dreamcast.

I think.. ok.. maybe they shoulda stayed out, but...
they did do a good job once they came in.
Only major 360 error is the hardware..
supposedly often faulty.

Wel..
still hyped about the Lego Guitar Hero controller.
hehe

05.03.2007, 01:34 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
YO!
well see the birght side of it..
Game industry is developing, the Xbox is doing well..
maybe Sega should have worked harde with the Dreamcast.

I think.. ok.. maybe they shoulda stayed out, but...
they did do a good job once they came in.
Only major 360 error is the hardware..
supposedly often faulty.

Wel..
still hyped about the Lego Guitar Hero controller.
hehe

One major prolem I have with The 360 is the Game space capacity, huge game's such as GTA IV are struggling to get it working smoothly on the 360 due to it's use of DVD disc's and only 20gb hard-drive space and if yah dont believe me then hear it from the horse's mouth Dan Houser of Rockstar Game's, and not to sound like Im bashing the 360 he also said that both console's have there their pro's and con's--http://ps3.ign.com/articles/785/785344p1.html

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 05.03.2007, 02:28 PM.

05.03.2007, 02:28 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Loscil
Baron

YO!
If thats the case, and cant be changed...
Ill buy it on PC!
hehe

05.03.2007, 04:43 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Haha, how did this get dragged up? Nobody has even posted. I sound like a bit of a prat in some of these old posts.

05.17.2011, 11:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Someone must have edited a post somewhere deep inside the thread... or maybe they voted in the poll, and that dragged it up?

Weird.

(Wii ftw)

05.17.2011, 01:39 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I had a look through and it seems Phyrra - who has been inactive for years - edited the text out of some posts on the first page today. Odd.

05.17.2011, 02:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Haha, how did this get dragged up? Nobody has even posted. I sound like a bit of a prat in some of these old posts.

Yeah ~ sorry about this. Didn't realise editing would drag it from the depths... :l Been bored studying all day and rediscovered this forum from when I was 14!

Reading some of my old posts I felt pretty embarrassed about my 14 year old self so deleted a few... like you just said

Really sorry for the resurrection of this!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.17.2011, 04:00 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

No need to apologise! It's good to see an old member again.

05.17.2011, 04:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personaly i stick with with the old ps2, and use the laptop since im more of a simulator type person, but i think the xbox 360 is the best out of the three.

05.19.2011, 06:38 AM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
[  «    ...  2  3  4  5  6  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks