QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » HOT TOPIC: XBOX 360 vs PS3 vs Wii » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Which do you prefer?
PS3
Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Results
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart
nitendo is a hard one to follow up because they dont really care about taking over the game industry they just like to coast through because they know that they wont be the leader but they have enough of a fanbase to actually come out better in the end i think.

Well put Squall, Nintendo is a solid company. Their system is said to be priced under $200 US which can amount for the price of three PS3's. This may cause hysteria amongst gamers. Since the controller moves the characters in the game as you move, certain titles like Mario Tennis, WarioWare, and Animal Crossing look very entertaining. The Wii is designed for party gaming, the ports can also use old GC controllers I heard which will save gamers from buying peripheral after peripheral after peripheral *hours later* after peripheral just like Microsoft. Swinging a tennis racket or conducting an orchestra will appeal to a wide number of gamers including myself. Heck, at 200 bucks you can't go wrong! Well, actually... the graphics are only said to be that of a suped-up XBox console. Oh well!! I can't complain. Heh, I have one complaint. Not a wide variety of older audience games. That's where the PS3 comes in. I would purchase both consoles and I actually plan on it. I've heard jokes that people are going to have to get a second mortgage to pay for their nex-gen console and gaming habits. Not being serious of course but a little bit of saving may be in order to fill that empty space in my den, and my heart.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

Post last edited by shiawase on 05.18.2006, 03:50 PM.

05.18.2006, 03:49 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i agree with the whole price thing, like yeah Wii will be about the price of 3 ps3's but still like shiawase said it is a party console (mario party anyone?) and yeah ive seen some of the new stuff for and it's pretty awesome but i also agree with the fact that lots of the games for the Wii will be geared toward young people because thats what nintendo has continued with for many, many years. of course the ps3 and 360 are looking the same right now because none of the developers have really tapped into what it takes to really make some awe-inspiring games you'll see what i mean in a few years when developers are able to code beautifully on the ps3.

if anyone remembers back to the psx nothing really pushed it's limits till Final Fantasy 8 came out.

ps2 even now is able to put out greater graphics, it's the amount of time companies have to screw around with the coding that really makes games look so lifelike.

ps3 in my oppinion is going to be the grand arcanum (Fullmetal alchemist. lol) of the video game industry

360 just plain has the wrong company behind it.
microsoft should just stick to finding a way to keep it's OS from crashing. the 360 is only appealing to most people because it's got football, but the hardcore gamers know whats best and thats the PS3.

Post last edited by squall_leonhart on 05.19.2006, 07:29 PM.

05.19.2006, 07:27 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My friends Xbox 360 broke AGAIN. It was horrible, he has to get it replaced AGAIN. lol

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.06.2006, 12:54 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart the 360 is only appealing to most people because it's got football, but the hardcore gamers know whats best and thats the PS3.

I find it appealing because it's got DOA

I don't have the cash for either, but considering the time lag, 360's price shouyld be dropping further, so I'll wait for the next IT convention and see if they're offering any discounts. And still hoping for Fatal Frame 3 to make it to the XBox.

PS3's just too expensive.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.07.2006, 12:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is more to do with games, than the consoles...

I'm sure it's crossed your minds... or perhaps it hasn't, as it's fantasy as opposed to a reality.

A Studio Ghibli type game.

Usually I avoid film based games like the plague, but imagine being able to explore Laputa, or battle the witch of the waste

Perhaps I'm just being fanciful. Would anyone else like to play on a Stuidio Ghibli game?

And I do realise that the chances of it coming true are very, very slim

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.11.2006, 02:38 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

I'd love to fly on Kiki's broom but it's too much of a cliche, too much of a Harry Potter rip off. I'd love to fly with totoro's and the cat bus. Problem is our generation is too fast paced and action oriented. Studio Ghibli is artistic and peaceful. If they made a game I'm afraid it would only make the Studio suffer.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.11.2006, 03:46 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

NO.

Imagine the atrocities the game developer would incur on the movie's storyline.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.11.2006, 11:33 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
shiawase
Ohmu

Agreed. Sony might make Kiki's broom shoot out magic and kill things or something stupid...

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.12.2006, 02:22 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Bad games... ;(Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me three, the tranquil Ghibli worlds would become platforms with inane mini games... Although, a Wario Ware Ghibli, with "Feed Pazu's birds in 8 seconds" or "Clean the bath house for no face's bath in 3 seconds" might be quite cool...

Have there been any decent film games? They pretty much always bring out a film game, whether it's Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortuante Events of King Kong ~ every film that's big here in England, seems to transmute into a game. None of them are any good. The one made of Disney's 'Robots' was positively the worst. I won't go into it, but I think it was the worst DS game to date...

That's interesting. Without meaning to, I've begun talking about bad games... what are your worst games? The games that you wish you'd never bought. The ones that make you try and sneak back into the shop and pretend you want a refund becasue it didn't work...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.12.2006, 02:45 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well i just got this months issue of official playstation magazine and in it there is an add for a new cel shaded game, it is called steambot chronicles and one of the comments about it was, and I quote "If hayao miyazaki created a sandbox-style game, it would probabley look like this" and i played the demo and have to admit it is a fun game and has that little taste of miyazaki's work, i plan on buying it when it is released.

06.12.2006, 02:53 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
I'm going to purchase a PS3. Much better hardware/software and games. Even the controller and online network will be best of the three.

+1 Yeh PS3 is really more a PC Type console with the amount of hardware and software its got now, cant wait for it and Im also a fan of the WII and i absoulutly dispise the 360 its a very poor attempt by microsoft at a next gen console, there was no real innovations with the 360, like what PS3 and the WII came up with.

06.20.2006, 05:47 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
shiawase
Ohmu

You're right, Microsoft only made a suped up xbox. Better graphics was the only real enhancement and even that will be poor compared to PS3. Wii is said to only be just under the 360 graphic wise. Yup PS3 might replace the household computer, well at least mine anyways.... it comes standard with a fully functional desktop, browser, hard drive, rom drive that'll play ANYTHING including blu ray, the technology of the future. I love PS3 in every way.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.21.2006, 02:08 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well normally I would go for the ps3 but as Sony have decided to screw us europeans AGAIN over the release date they can go swivle im gonna get a 360

09.21.2006, 10:16 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
Why is everyone voting "Wii"?? TELL ME, give me your input!!

Because the Wii is the greatest idea ever and will pwn (pardon the stupid expression) all your asses.

09.21.2006, 11:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WII GO ALL THE WAY!!! (pardon the pun )

So im a wii-boy because.. Well i have always thought that nintendo games are the best and most original, and that makes up for the difference in graphics.
Secondly, the controller is definitely the best and most innovative of all (although Sony copied nintendo once again. First the analog stick, then the rumble feature, and now the motion sensitivity, even if only 6-way like the nunchuck)....
Third, the wii is a loads better price, although i dont really care about that, BECAUSE I WILL PROBABLY GET THEM ALL FOR FREE!!!!! WOOHOO, WEHEY!! It really pays off having connections at EA Games !!!

So, sony and Microsoft fans, dont Wii yourself when the BIG N makes its move... ( I love all the possible Wii puns.. )

09.21.2006, 02:13 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am a Nintendo fan-girl.

Nuff said.

09.21.2006, 02:53 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive my Ps3 already pre-odered and im gona get Elder Scroll's oblivion for it....March 23 here i come

Post last edited by Toolfan1912 on 02.22.2007, 02:40 PM.

02.22.2007, 02:39 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
ive got elder scrolls on the pc..
i dont need a ps3 for that..

I have the wii since like a month and a half now, and let me tell you, best thing that has ever happened to me.

Zelda is by far the best game I have ever played..

Dont get me wrong, I would like to buy an Xbox 360 or maybe a PS3, but only if i already have a wii..

I would, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, for example sell my wii to be able to buy an xbox 360..

(although i really wanna play gears of war...)

02.22.2007, 05:50 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
YO!
ive got elder scrolls on the pc..
i dont need a ps3 for that..

I have the wii since like a month and a half now, and let me tell you, best thing that has ever happened to me.

Zelda is by far the best game I have ever played..

Dont get me wrong, I would like to buy an Xbox 360 or maybe a PS3, but only if i already have a wii..

I would, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, for example sell my wii to be able to buy an xbox 360..

(although i really wanna play gears of war...)

I personally like the wii and intend on getting one after i saved up a bit of money after the PS3, but i would not really think bout getting the 360 as it has really brought much inovation to the table...WII and PS3 Both have cool wireless motion senseing controllers among other things like Being able to connect the PSP to the PS3 Wirelessly, PS3 also included a blue-ray dvd drive which is the main reason the PS3 and 360 have such a dramatic price difference people think there getting a better deal with the 360 but if yah want to play hd-dvd on the 360 yah have to pay €200 for the external hd-dvd drive which here the 360 on its own costs bout €400 so it adds up in the end to bout the same price as a PS3 anyway

02.22.2007, 06:06 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Loscil
Baron

YO!
but you gotta admit..
ATm, xbox 360 games are better, i mean: gears of war, Lost Planet.. I could go on for a long time..

+, what if i DONT want or need a blu-ray player?
Okay, its a difference in quality, but hey, i can sacrifice some quality to save up 250 euros..

In terms of graphics, the xbox 360 is nearly as good as the PS3 anyway..

02.23.2007, 06:45 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks