QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Why are you called that?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Why are you called that? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Why are you called that?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was looking at people's aliases, and had a burning question...

Why did people chose that name?

I'd be quite interested to hear why you chose your aliases. Or even if you had a reason at all.

I chose Phyrra as a variation on 'Pyrrha'. Pyrrha means 'fire red' in ancient greek. Pyrrha was also the queen of Phthia. I changed her name to sound more like 'fire' and to give it a masculine twist... I hope...

How about you? Any reasons?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.15.2006, 11:05 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh cool! what a creative way to find a name. i just thought of mine since i luv howl so much....hot....oh and the 06 is just for the year i registered.

Post last edited by IluvHowl06 on 05.15.2006, 11:18 AM.

05.15.2006, 11:17 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had this name since I was eight. The only thing I remembered about it was that I was the one who came up with it, but the reason and the inspiration has been lost somewhere in the obscure depths of my past.

So basically it's now not just a nickname, but my other name. And apart from my youngest brother using it for a while in Runescape (he had an earful from me though), I'm about the only one with that name, and if you come across this name anywhere in the internet, you can be pretty sure it's me.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.15.2006, 11:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mine came from an e-male account i set up once - i typed in all my details and then when i entered it for the first time it said at the top, 'welcome micg huz'. its pretty far detached from my real name and i have no idea why the computar did that - but i thought it was kinda funny - kinda hard to pronounce too. my freind tom named me the shaik (arabian leader of sorts) as he thought it sounded fitting and found a phycohodelic picture of an arabian looking dude (who was also shaikish) who looked like me and from then on it stuck..
so its the shaik micg huz to you!

05.15.2006, 12:08 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
~eef~
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.13.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~eef~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well...its my name..lol XD
ppl call me eef for short (eve) my real name is evelien
i dont like it lol oh well....

05.15.2006, 03:05 PM ~eef~ is offline   Profile for ~eef~ Add ~eef~ to your buddy list Send an Email to ~eef~
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So there are reasons behind our aliases!

I use Phyrra for everything online, from e-mail to my World of Warcraft character. Oh, and I also use it on this forum I go to sometimes; it's one where fans of animé made by Studio Ghibli go and talk... can't remember its name though...

Hey, Mistress ~eef~ your real name is cool! Evelien ... yeah I like it; why don't you?

Anyway, anyone else got interesting stories behind their names???

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.15.2006, 04:11 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mine is my initals and just added 3d

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

05.15.2006, 05:28 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  NihongoPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shiawase (she-ah-wa-seh) is japanese for Happiness. It's a title of a song by Puffy Amiyumi I'm pretty sure. Ever since I heard that song I've had this name. I like it. It's my signature and online name for most places.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

Post last edited by shiawase on 05.15.2006, 07:13 PM.

05.15.2006, 07:13 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I-B4-E comes from my middle name, Kieth. When people ask ma how to speel, i just say I Before E. & thug part i get partly from 2pac's THUGLIFE (The Hate U Give Little Infants F*ck Everybody), which basically means if u hate the world, don't make your kids hate it as well, & partly beuase at school one day this idiot was goin off asking me about the drugs i've done, the crimes i've commited, (only 1) & all this crap, & she eventually decided i sound like a thug.

cheers

05.16.2006, 07:55 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
one day this idiot was goin off asking me about the drugs i've done, the crimes i've commited

I'm in the same boat, THUG.. I like your new Siggy pic btw.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.16.2006, 05:32 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Bookdust
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Bookdust Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The story is long.

Not really.

I was signing up for an online member ship to some gaming site. Couldn't think of anything so I used a nickname generator. Came out with Perfectdust.

Later I was signing up for this forum dedicated to a book I liked. So I went with Bookdust.

And I've been using it ever since. Like Roarkiller said about his name. I'm the only guy I've seen with that nickname. And if you ever see Bookdust on another site, that's probably me.

05.22.2006, 07:23 PM Bookdust is offline   Profile for Bookdust Add Bookdust to your buddy list Send an Email to Bookdust
dballred
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mine is nothing more than a derivative of my name. It's the only Internet name I've used over the last 15 years and it's the only dballred on the 'net--so far.

05.22.2006, 11:16 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cool, so we now have a total of 4 people with only one online personality.

Although dballred might be the only one who has beaten me on name history (I'm 22, so that makes 14 yrs).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.23.2006, 01:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kouchou
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.05.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kouchou Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well it means nightingale in japanese-one of the two versions this is the not direct one- and i chose it 'cos nightingale is my surname

06.05.2006, 02:43 PM Kouchou is offline   Profile for Kouchou Add Kouchou to your buddy list
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I chose mine because I like the On Your Mark animation.

06.05.2006, 04:30 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We all have meaningful names, I'm surprised. I thought I was the only one I never knew people actually put even a tiny bit of thought into their name. Some people out there just slap together two words and that's that. lol

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.05.2006, 04:41 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
one day this idiot was goin off asking me about the drugs i've done, the crimes i've commited

I'm in the same boat, THUG.. I like your new Siggy pic btw.

lol, & Thankyou, it is a good pic

cheers

06.06.2006, 06:09 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Kanaeda
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanaeda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the reason i choose this name it was the first anime character and film that got me into japanese animation and i still like the character today, i dont use it on other forums as i usually have a name relevant to those forums so i can rember them.

06.07.2006, 05:45 PM Kanaeda is offline   Profile for Kanaeda Add Kanaeda to your buddy list
DistantSmile
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.31.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DistantSmile Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's a long story.

Well, maybe not.

I had a 'friend' who I began hating (it's not my fault that she spreads rumors about me), and so everytime I saw her I had to heave this stupid grin onto my face.

It was a distant smile.

So now I'm a distantsmile.

06.11.2006, 11:53 PM DistantSmile is offline   Profile for DistantSmile Add DistantSmile to your buddy list Homepage of DistantSmile
shiawase
Ohmu

Oh good story behind your name Distant Smile

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 06.12.2006, 02:27 AM.

06.12.2006, 02:27 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks