QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - SpongeBob Squarepants
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » SpongeBob Squarepants » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
SpongeBob SquarepantsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*Hums theme song, imagines himself playing his nose like a flute* Any other followers of The Sponge in here? *Points to his yellow cloak*

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

05.25.2006, 03:12 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You'd know if you've read one of my posts in the Big brother thread that I too am a faithful follower of Sponge Bob.

I think, that when so many films and other things on TV are violent, explicit or contain loads of swearing, that Sponge Bob provides a piece of entertainment that isn't all childish and is very enjoyable. In my opinion Sponge Bob is like a cartoon version of Monty Python's flying circus...

My favourite character is Squidward . Anyone else?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.25.2006, 12:05 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I absolutely love Patrick Star. "I love being purple!" as he points outs so brightly. "I can't see my forehead... " lol Patrick rocks my socks!! I own the movie... *blushes*

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.25.2006, 12:12 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nothing wrong with owning the movie, I own it too!

Patrick's cool, my brother likes him best. I even have a mug with some of the Sponge Bob characters on, hehe...

Are we the only two who like this cartoon? someone else must like good 'ol Sponge Bob?

Squidward is though, by far, the ultimate one. Is there an order to the episodes, or can they be watched randomly? *sigh* if only I were eating a Kraby Patty... a vegetarian one though... if they exist...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.25.2006, 02:48 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
~eef~
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.13.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~eef~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i <333333333333333333333 spongebob!
he's sooo funny! ive seen the movie too, also own it XD lol patrick is my fav.
"did you see my underpants....did you want too?" lmao!
my fav. episode is the one with the invisible spray, laughed my ass off!
think im a bit obsessed >_<

05.25.2006, 05:56 PM ~eef~ is offline   Profile for ~eef~ Add ~eef~ to your buddy list Send an Email to ~eef~
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

spongebob is awesome - the movie was great too! i luved the "goofy goober" song

05.25.2006, 08:33 PM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Goofy Goober song *romantic sigh* "We're all goofy goobers, yeah, goofy goofy goober goober yeah!" lol I don't think the shows really have a special order to them. But obviously the first season explains the origin of things and how Sponge Bob meets everyone under the sea. Like Sandy Squirrel for instance. She cam from Texas and the first time Sponge Bob met her he thought she some kinda freak cuz of that suit she wears under water. So he goes into her tree dome and there's no water, just air, and yadda yadda yadda I could go on explaining every episode but I won't torture you like that.
"Yay, rectangles!!"
"No Patrick, these aren't just any rectangles. They're chocolate bars."
"Ooooooooo...*drools*"

~Akarui Tsubasa~

05.26.2006, 12:00 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Tresi
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really enjoy the show*lol*
Why not?Cool characters and a great sense of homour.
The movie was...I loughed to death^^

05.28.2006, 03:48 PM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

SpongeBob is pretty sweet...I once watched a SpongeBob marathon on Cartoon Network...9am to 6pm!!! By the end, I thought I'd gone mental!! Plankton is my fave, I love the F.U.N episode with him!

05.28.2006, 04:00 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

I just saw an episode, "krabby towers". It was the best ever episode I've seen. It couldn't stop laughing, it was the funniest thing I've seen on TV for a long, long time...

I've started to laugh again now just thinking about it

06.04.2006, 07:34 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

heh heh sponge bobs pretti funi. the series is a bit hecktic though, to much goofiniess and colour for my little brain. LOVED the movie though, hasslhof - cameo - taking the piss out of himself - then geting blown up - to good.
now this might sound a lil' weird but its not just me (honest) but did anyone pick up on a slightly gay/cross dressing theme in the movie??????????
hee hee perhaps not.
my fav bit is when they all go bald bald bald at the king - so random.
but also close to home - im worried that i might sart balding soon - will people chant at my slap head in the street?
gosh i hope not.

06.04.2006, 08:35 AM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
Phyrra
Baron

I thought the Hasselhoff bit was hilarious too .

But I didn't pick up on the gay/ cross dressing theme micg huz... perhaps my early teenage mind is too innocent ... If it was present, (not that I'd know) I'm sure it was there to provide parents watching with their kids something to laugh about .

I think I'll have to watch that movie again. My only negative is that I wanted Squidward to have a bigger part... oh Squidward, he's redefined humour in more ways that I can count...

06.04.2006, 01:28 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Squidward play a big role, ish Uhh, don't be afraid to cover that bald spot with a paper bag dude... I didn't notice gay/cross dressing in the movie and I've seen it more than 12 times I bet. Oh well. I still love every bit of it!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

06.05.2006, 01:05 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
OYM Angel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 05.12.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OYM Angel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is one of the only cartoons I watch whenever I have the time. Patrick is awesome.

06.05.2006, 04:39 PM OYM Angel is offline   Profile for OYM Angel Add OYM Angel to your buddy list
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

not so much a bald spot as the fear of a receding hair line. im so paranoid, but really who gives a damn anyways.
but what if they all stop and chant at my cleaming slap head like in the movie
anyways a scene that crystalized it for me was near the end when patrick star is in suspenders - though that could just be glam rock, though it defently had its 'moments'. havnt seen it in ages - its sooooooo funny though, anyways clearly i should stop perverting your minds.

06.05.2006, 07:41 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sponge bob square pants really aint my style, but it is funny. ive seen the movie, but i tried watching it a second time with my step brother & sister (they own it) & got sick of it pretty quick. anyways, spongebobs bad for my reputation

cheers

06.06.2006, 05:56 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen the movie, but I'd really love to, despite the awful Avril-'I act like an angst ridden 13 year old even though I'm in my twenties'-Lavigne cover of the theme tune (as u can tell, I'm not a fan of hers)!! David Hasselhoff is such a cult legend...he's so rubbish, that he's good!!
I do like the series, but I do sometimes get a little bored with it, it's kinda like once you've seen a few SpongeBob's, you've seen them all!!
My mate told me that in the States there's a Church of SpongeBob!! Is this true??

06.06.2006, 10:45 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Never heard of Church of Spongebob but that's reminiscent(sp?) of the first post in this thread where I said "Any other followers of The Sponge in here? *Points to his yellow cloak*" Cloak meaning a cult. lol anyways... If there was a church I'd join!

~Akarui Tsubasa~

Post last edited by shiawase on 06.06.2006, 12:35 PM.

06.06.2006, 12:35 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by shiawase
Never heard of Church of Spongebob but that's reminiscent(sp?) of the first post in this thread where I said "Any other followers of The Sponge in here? *Points to his yellow cloak*" Cloak meaning a cult. lol anyways... If there was a church I'd join!

Well ladies and gentlemen...now's your chance!! Here for your delight, and possible conversion, is the official website for The First Reformed Church Of SpongeBob SquarePants!

http://churchofspongebob.tripod.com/

Our SpongeBob,
Who art in Bikini Bottom,
Hallowed be thy SquarePants!!

06.09.2006, 07:06 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

That website made me laugh, SpiritedSen

I know they said that they didn't want our money just our hapiness; but the easy way to become rich quickly is to start a religion and get donations. A man in USA did just that and became a millionaire from his religion being accepted. Of course ~ there are rules for what a religion has to be in order for it to be classified for a religion... I'm not sure if Sponge Bob's religion fufils all the cirteria...

Meh, it made me laugh

Post last edited by Phyrra on 06.10.2006, 02:05 AM.

06.10.2006, 02:05 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks