QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Princess Mononoke - any comments for this movie?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Princess Mononoke - any comments for this movie? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kanaeda
i think its also one of ghibli's most violent too, i dont remember many other films where peoples limbs where flying off.

I know, it's brilliant!! I love the fact that Disney bought this movie thinking it'd be cute and romantic and some quaint little Japanese fairytale, and instead they got severed limbs and knife fights! Classic!!

06.09.2006, 06:31 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love this movie....i just watched it again last night...it's sooo awesome...but the whole severed limb, chopping off of headss thing, was a little icky

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.10.2006, 03:53 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love this film^^ and I love Ashita and San's love.. Although both of them aren't together.

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

06.12.2006, 06:55 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pendragon
I love this film^^ and I love Ashita and San's love.. Although both of them aren't together.

Hmm... that's interesting. I agree that Ashitaka loved San, but she didn;t love him. An unrequited love, if you will.

What do other people think? Did San love Ashitaka? She did say that the little dagger on the necklass was 'pretty' but after being with animals for so long, I think she had lost ability to love... beyond physical appearence anyway.

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.12.2006, 01:09 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, i agree with you Phyyra, i mean she only said she liked him at the end ya know? or maybe my subtitles were bad....???? >.<

06.12.2006, 06:16 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Pendragon
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think she probably loved him lol and I like as Ashitaka said "You're beautiful"

06.12.2006, 11:43 PM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
Kanaeda
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanaeda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think he liked her more at the start but she felt the same by the end, and also he said he would visit her at the end so i think thier romance will grow over time, maybe they should do a sequel see how they get on, but i think that about a lot of ghibli films would like to see how alot of the characters got on, like in whisper of the heart and laputa.

06.13.2006, 08:41 PM Kanaeda is offline   Profile for Kanaeda Add Kanaeda to your buddy list
Pendragon
Calcifer

I agree with you Kanaeda. I think Ashitaka might fell in love with her when he saw her at first moment lol and while he was in the iron town and then she attacked the people there. He tried to protect her and stopped fighting between her and Lady Ebochi. He said her life belonged to him oh romantic! LOL

06.14.2006, 05:10 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, you do give convincing arguments, but I still don't think she loved Ashitaka.

I do think she felt something towards him, she wasn't sure what to say when she found out that Ashitaka wanted to spend his whole life with her... but love? Nahhh.... I think that the film was showing that the two were close to loving each other, but not fully in love. Just like humanity is not fully in love with nature and the environment yet...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.14.2006, 03:18 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Pendragon
Calcifer

'You do give convincing arguments'
oh I'm sorryy I haven't got will to have the arguments happened

06.15.2006, 07:03 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have to agree with Phyrra. As we know, San and Ashitaka stay 'friends' as Ashitaka goes to live at the forge and San lives in the forest. I think their relationship is more like brother and sister, than like lovers. San must be incapable of romantic love as we know it, having lived with the wolves all her life, and because of her hatred for 'man'.
While I don't think they'll ever have a romantic relationship, I think Ashitaka may give San confidence in 'man' again, and I'm sure he acts as her protecter and becomes an extension of her family, rather than her boyfriend.

06.15.2006, 08:18 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Mononoke, i like the aim of the film, showing the relationship between human and the envirment. Human try to build up their homes by investigating. eventhough it is for their own good but they didn't think about the others-animals. I think Miyazaki was trying to shows us how we should take care for the envirment as it is valuable.
I agree with Phyrra that it is similar to Nausicaa. I did recognise it!!
I like both Nausicaa and Mononoke but i would rather mononoke more.
I think Miyazaki is trying to left an ending for us to decided where San and Ashitaka are going to be together or not. Is a bit like Spirit Away which it didn't tell you will they meet again but the bubble still on Chihiro's hair and the car was full of dust shows that the event had actually happened.
( sorry for my english- not so good-hope you will be able to understand it)

06.16.2006, 04:44 PM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
Phyrra
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by ting
I think Miyazaki is trying to left an ending for us to decided where San and Ashitaka are going to be together or not.

That's a very good point. In all of the Studio Ghiblies I have seen, there is always an open ending. I've bought 'My Neighbour Totoro' and when I've watched it, I bet it'll be the same. It's one of the things which defines the Ghibli animé I've seen so far ~ the chance for us to guess what will happen next...

You're English is very good, Ting. I understood it all

06.17.2006, 03:54 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
ting
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ting Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thx Phyrra , i am glad that you said my english is good^^ because i am still scare that i will fail my GCSE english.
i like the way Miyazaki did all his movies. i can't wait to see his new movie which directed by his son!

06.18.2006, 07:58 AM ting is offline   Profile for ting Add ting to your buddy list Homepage of ting Add ting to your contact list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm only several months old to Ghibli and Japanese animes in general, but I think that if there's any anime that deserves a remake it would be Nausicaa (as much as I loved the movie). It seems that Miyazaki wasn't even 1/4 done with the entire manga series (which I will cherish for the rest of my life) when he did the movie almost as if he was in such a hurry to do it! If I ever find out that Miyazaki reads this forum, I'd post a request for a remake every week (ok maybe every month)!

Oh, Princess Mononoke? Absolute classic as everyone knows, and even though it wasn't possible for them to be together at the end, I still found it disapointing that they didn't (maybe I was hoping for a bit more romance between the two)! I guess they knew each other's place in life

Post last edited by aviator on 06.18.2006, 11:47 PM.

06.18.2006, 11:35 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

i love this movie..it's soo awesome..yeah i already posted saying this but anyways, i just love this movie!!! and i guess i'm kinda obssessed with it...considereing my avatar and sigs...haha i love it!!

06.18.2006, 11:49 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks