QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Formula 1 fans!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Formula 1 fans! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
Formula 1 fans!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just wondered if anyone here is into Formula 1? I loooove it, can't get enough!!

I am a HUGE Jenson Button fan, and support Honda Racing, even though their car is sucking at the moment, reliabilty isn't great, and their race pace is shocking! But at least Barichello is finding his feet, or should I say wheels!! I really like Super Aguri too, probs cos Sato drove for Honda last year, it's the first Japanese F1 team, and the Team Principal is the awesome Aguri Suzuki!
Anyone else looking forward to Silverstone on Sunday?

[IMG]http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7564/hondaracingra1065yn.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

GO HONDA!!

06.09.2006, 01:54 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not me, sorry spiritedsen, I do enjoy fast racing though! I just don't tend to watch it very often.

I follow golf..

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

06.09.2006, 02:01 PM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No worries shiwase!
Well...if nobody likes F1, I'll just use this thread to vent my frustrations!! Jenson Button starting in 19th...aaaaaaargh!! Reubans did well to get into 6th, but Honda need to sort themselves out sharpish!!

06.10.2006, 09:24 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd love to stow away in the back of one of those cars, and peep put of the back ; but, sorry SpiritedSen, I don't really enjoy watching it that much...

Is F1 the only sport that has cigarette advertising? I really think that no matter how much money malboro pay, their name shouldn't be plastered around the tracks... or have they got rid of that now? There's a massive maclaren building near me; it's some kind of office or HQ ~ you might of heard of it SpiritedSen. They told the council that they wouldn't come to the area unless they were alowed to cut down massive areas of woodland and set up there... it looks awful now. Before it was a wonderful wood ~ now it's artificial lights and tarmac

Still, that's nothing to do with racing as such, but it still gets on my nerves... surely someone else out there likes F1?!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.10.2006, 10:46 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like F1 videogames Those are fun. And cig adds shouldn't be anywhere. I like Speed Racer too, speaking of stowing away in trunks. That's what Chim Chim does in the Mach 5's trunk

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

06.11.2006, 03:49 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The teams only get sponsored by tobacco companies in certain countries, so there are no cigarette ads on the cars or the billboards in the UK. But I must say I think it's a bit rich that everyone goes on about how bad tobacco advertising is, yet they have no complaint about all the alcohol advertisements! The British GP is sponsored by Fosters, and Mclaren by Johnnie Walker! Surely you would agree that alcohol is just as dangerous as tobacco!
Personally, I have absolutely no problem with tobacco or alcohol advertising. I smoke and drink (and love evry single minute of it!), and I don't believe any1 started smoking Marlboro's cos their name's on the side of a Ferrari, or drinking whiskey cos McLaren told them to! These companies gives vital funding to the teams, and I think they should be allowed to advertise.
I can't believe there isn't a single F1 fan in here!! Come on peeps, you dunno what you're missing!! There must be at least one of you out there!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.11.2006, 09:07 AM.

06.11.2006, 07:42 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.07.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bad race today... why Maclaren, Why!?

06.11.2006, 08:17 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Azhur
Bad race today... why Maclaren, Why!?

Well, considering I support Jenson Button, yes it was a bloody awful race! At least it wasn't his fault...now we can add reliability issues to Honda's long list of problems! And Barrichello still hasn't found his stride, that RA106 is flippin' rubbish!!
You a McLaren supporter then? Raikkonen had a good race, but at the end of the day, Schumacher is a seven time world champion, and Alonso is the best driver in F1, and that Renault's race pace is amazing...I can't understand why he's leaving Renault to go to McLaren, especially with their reliability issues. Also, Raikkonen ain't half boring...I've only seen him smile like twice! Cheer up, you're a millionaire racing driver!!
Does this mean that I've finally found a fellow F1 fan??!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.11.2006, 09:08 AM.

06.11.2006, 08:47 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
Does this mean that I've finally found a fellow F1 fan??!!

Not a fan, but yeah I watch F1 when Raikkönen has some chances for the podium.

06.12.2006, 04:30 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Azhur
Not a fan, but yeah I watch F1 when Raikkönen has some chances for the podium.

*weeps* I thought I'd found an F1 lover! Oh well, never mind!
Raikkonen is OK, and is definately one of the three top drivers at the mo, along with Alonso and Schumacher, but I don't feel any passion from him. Even though I support Button, I love it when Alonso wins, he's such a nice guy, and looks so happy when he wins, that you can't help but root for him! Raikkonen on the other hand is a miserable swine, and I don't feel anything towards him except boredom! yaaaawn!
When you're in the public eye, personality is as important as talent, (how else can people relate to you?), and Raikkonen hasn't got one!!

Anyhoo, any other Formula 1 fans out there? (Please, let there be at least one!!?!)

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.12.2006, 09:06 AM.

06.12.2006, 09:05 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Gorgy
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gorgy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i am a fan of F1

my preference is mclaren mercedes, last year raikkonen was awesome and should have won the tournament, on the other car JP Montoya is good too.

i also like honda a lot but i dont approve barichello being in the team, he isn't such a good driver when the car isn't as sophisticated as a ferrari.

this year im starting to like BMW sauber, since the BMW takeover this year, the cars have been getting better every race.

by mpw3d

06.20.2006, 09:51 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

im not really a racing fan, i get a kick out of driving a car at 60 km/h lol (i go way faster on motorbike though)

alls i know about racing is that Holden rules & Ford sucks lol

cheers

06.21.2006, 08:51 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

YAY GORGY!! I'VE FINALLY FOUND A FAN!!

Last year, Raikkonen was great, but I don't think he's been anywhere near as good this season. So far this year, he's certainly not driven like a champion, maybe he's not happy with the car setup. Montoya is a menace though!! Nearly every race, he has a prang or a problem with another driver, maybe he should retake his driving test!!
Barichello has been very disappointing this season, he's been improving the past few races, but he's just not used to driving a car that is, I'm sad to say, nowhere near as good as the Ferrari!
BMW have been surprisingly good this season, we seem to have quite a few of the back markers from last season actually winning points this season...except for Super Aguri (who I love, but really do suck, but then they are driving a four year old car!! )

I was SO upset about Jenson's performance in the British GP, during qualifying and in the race! He deserves so much better than that RA106...I love Honda, but that car needs some SERIOUS work! Imagine Button in a Renault...he'd be awesome (even though I'd have to buy a whole new set of merchandise!!)
Nico Rosberg has been amazing this season, I hate Scott Speed (he blocked Jenson at the beginning of the season, and I've never forgiven him for it!) What did you think about Schumacher's 'parking incident' at Rascasse in the Monaco qualifying? Honest mistake or planned tactic?
Wow, it's SO nice to be able to talk about F1, I love it soo much!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.21.2006, 09:02 AM.

06.21.2006, 09:01 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Gorgy
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gorgy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well this year with the new v8s mclaren has been having seroius engine problems, and raikkonen has pushed it too hard several times.

super aguri shouldn't have started this year, Aguri had too many problems to solve and well, he should have waited till next year.

Button is a great driver, and im sure that even with the new crappy honda v8 hell make at least a podium this year.

about schumacher's incident i think that he just simply got careless, he had the pole and maybe he was chatting with the team or sth.

by mpw3d

06.21.2006, 02:59 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I agree with you about Super Aguri, but I suppose this is good practice for them. Ide has already gone 'cos he was a menace, and Sato, as much as I love him, needs all the practice he can get!

True, Button could get a podium this year, but let's be honest...as much as it pains me to say it, the only way he'll win in that car is if the renaults, mclarens and ferraris have at least one retirement for each team! The Honda is so far off of the race pace, I'm not sure any amount of good driving will help! *weeps for Button* Honda also just got rid of their technical director, Geoff Willis, so we'll have to see what that does for the team. Now with the new Tech. Dir. Shuhei Nakamoto and all the pressure from the Japanese shareholders, we may see some improvement! PLEEEEEEEASE!!

Schumacher? Careless? Rubbish!! There is no way a driver with his experience 'accidentally' does that, and they know that there was no problem with the car! He knows this is probs gonna be his last Grand Prix, and he wanted to make sure he got pole! As he knows he'll probs retire end of the season, he wanted to make it 8 time World Champion, but against Alonso, he stands no chance.
I really like Alonso, he's an amazing driver, and seems like such a nice guy, but I think he's making a big mistake going to McLaren next season. He's doing so well where he is...as the saying goes "if it ain't broke...don't fix it"! Renault have had NO reliability problems in the last TWO seasons, why leave that for a team who pushed their driver so hard last season, his wheel spun off in the final lap? Madness!! I seriously think he'll live to regret it...like Button must regret not going to Williams, Mark Webber and Nico Rosberg are doing pretty well this season!

Can't wait for the Canadian GP this weekend!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.21.2006, 08:09 PM.

06.21.2006, 07:52 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Gorgy
Kodama

oh come on, schumacher wouldn't do that , i think he was fooling arround or trying sth.

i personaly hate alonso, don't ask me why xD, but even i would advise him not to change to mclaren, renault has a great car and he should not give that up.

i think williams is holding up nicely but they still are between the low rankings same as last year.

another japanese team disappointment is toyota, after last year's 4th place i thought that this year the team would be among the 3 first places getting more podiums.

anyway, waiting for the canadian gp and hoping a good race for villeneuve in his "home" event.

by mpw3d

06.22.2006, 02:28 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I know I should be happy that Jenson got in the top ten in quali, but it's just not good enough!! How is it even possible that the Hondas are in 8th and 9th, and Rosberg in the Williams is in 6th??!!? Rosberg is a good driver (although I'm sure Webber and Barichello would disagree with me!), especially since it's his first Grand Prix. What team do you think he'll go to next season...I reckon Ferrari, I'm convinced Schumacher's going to retire!
Considering Button was doing SO well in qualifying at the start of the season, I just don't know what's going on with that car!
Toyota are looking up though, Trulli in forth, but how much of that is the driver, and how much is the car, considering Ralph is in 14th?
Villeneuve didn't do too well, feel a bit sorry for him as it's his dad's race track!
It's so sad that Button doesn't even think he has a chance to beat the front runners, he deserves so much more!! Jenson said, “It’s nice to get into Q3. It’s not where I’d like to be, but it’s not bad." It IS bad!! I really thought this would be his season...maybe not Champion, but 2nd or 3rd, no chance of that now! And I'm not sure that changing your technical director in the middle of the season is such a good idea!

Oh well, maybe Jenson will move through the pack tomorrow and come in first?! I bloody hope so!!

06.24.2006, 09:01 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

I am reviving my thread in the hopes that one of the new members of our forum family likes Formula 1!!
So, does anyone like F1?
Either way, I'm going to prattle on for a moment about it!!

Jenson Button came in fourth at Hockenheim!! I'm so happy!! Finally, the Honda RA106 is coming into it's own, although saying that, Barichello did have to retire due to engine problems. Up until now, that car has had no straight line speed and no race pace and problems with starts and re-starts...and suddenly, they get to Hockenheim, finish in front of Alonso (what is with him at the mo??!!) and are only 18 seconds behind the winning Ferrari!! That's bloody brilliant!!! Although, due to Raikkonen's pass in the last ten laps, snatching Jenson's hard fought podium away from him, I now hate Kimi (more than I did before...boring sod!) I also hate Speed and Montiero, as they have both, during this seaon, been backmarkers who have got in Jenson's way!!
Super Aguri, which is to be the first all Japanese F1 team, have finally got their new car, the SA06, and I must say, I think it's an improvement. True, neither car finished, and it was unfortunate for Sakon Yamamoto that a driveshaft failure ended his race after one lap, and it was his first ever F1 drive too! However, Sato did get up to 17th from 22nd before his gearbox failure, which is a marked improvement!!

It's so cool that the Hungarian Grand Prix is on my birthday this Sunday!! What better way to spend your birthday than watching the Grand Prix?! I hope Jenson does well, that'd be the best present ever (although saying that, on my 22nd birthday, I met Christopher Lee...that was probs the best present ever, but Jenson's victory would be a close second!!) GO JENSON!!

Anyway, I'm hoping that someone on here reads this...and actually cares!! I'd love to have an F1 buddy, and the only other guy who wrote on this thread seems to have disappeared!!
Hope to hear from someone soon!! Fingers x'd!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 08.03.2006, 09:44 AM.

08.03.2006, 09:41 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Grats SpiritedSen... today's your day.

08.06.2006, 10:46 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

JENSON BUTTON HAS WON HIS FIRST EVER GRAND PRIX ON MY BIRTHDAY !!!

I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY!!
I LOVE YOU JENSON!!!

08.06.2006, 11:34 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks