QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Post your random thoughts here! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  ...    »  ]
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Happy New Year, everyone!!

12.31.2015, 03:27 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes! A very happy and prosperous 2016 to all Tavern members.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

12.31.2015, 08:00 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Very Happy New Year to all Taverners (is that a word?)
regardless May many good things happen to you and come your way in the coming year...

My love to all...we are family...

12.31.2015, 09:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm pretty sure taverner is a word! (Firefox doesn't seem to like it though...)

Anyway, happy new year to everyone! Whether last year was kind to you or not, I hope this one is better!

01.01.2016, 08:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HAHAHAHAHAHA! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! yawn....

Had a wake up call at abt 6:45am this morning... A moderate earthquake jolted me awake and the epicenter is quite close, lol.

Only a 4.5 on the Richter scale, a moderate quake, but sharp due to its closeness. I was up late, so I'm going back to bed...

01.06.2016, 11:16 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky
Yes i felt that too, i was on my computer after coming home from work.
There was one also last week on my way to work around 5:30pm-6pm..
It's a normal thing for us Cali people. But we're overdue for a big one... that's what my old workplace has been telling us for the past few years...

01.07.2016, 01:12 AM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hope everyone had a good winter holiday and a new year.

01.08.2016, 01:39 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, Lynnie. And to you as well, a great year.

@ Jusomkid...

SO YOU'RE THE REASON!!! Quit going to and from work, then no more earthquakes around here...

01.08.2016, 07:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
jusomekid
Ohmu

Registration Date: 06.21.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jusomekid Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@husky
lol it was a good thing I wasn't at work though. Something might have fallen on me.

01.08.2016, 10:19 PM jusomekid is offline   Profile for jusomekid Add jusomekid to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Very interesting read, the same things happens/ed/ing is many countries including my one.

quote:
But overall, the briefing document “reveals a troubling amount of magical thinking on the part of government officials,” German wrote. “It seems they are going to continue ignoring the vast amount of research that describes terrorism as a complex behavior that can only be understood in the context of the political situation in which it arises, and continue investing in snake-oil salesmen who promise a simple solution that identifies the ‘bad guys’ right before they strike.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/01/20/the-...why-theyd-fail/

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.25.2016, 09:56 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

My Sisters plans for me:

Taking a motel room near the Hospital where I will be operated on...

Picking me up the day before to spend the night with her as I prepare for my big opening... lol

Taking me in, dragging and screaming (joking) on the 24th to let the surgeons slice and dice my kidney... Hmmm, been a long while since I've had Steak and Kidney pie...

Visit and sit with me in recovery for the days, or days that I'll be there (depending on what they find once they get inside.. sigh.

When released from Hospital, adjourn to the motel room until she thinks that I am able to care for myself on my own again... (I think that she is going to get even with me for all the corrections I gave her as a child)

Drag me back to my humble abode and tossing me in the front door and scooting back to her husband...

End of story... Oh, and one or two of my sons are going to try and be there for my debut... I will be thinking of all of my kids and grandkids...

Oh, I should mention that my sister is a trained RN...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.08.2016, 01:10 PM.

02.08.2016, 01:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I hope your surgery goes well, Husky!
Also, kidney pie is not that great.

02.08.2016, 11:24 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I don't know, bel, the few times that I've had it, I thought that it was pretty good.. The Steak and Kidney Pie, that is...

02.09.2016, 12:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I prefer just a steak pie without the kidneys, personally. Ah, I could really go for one right now...

My Anime List

02.11.2016, 08:55 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Happy Valentine's Day, Ladies...

Will all of you Ladies be my Valentine?

Courious:
How many countries out there have a Valentine's Day?

02.14.2016, 12:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

We do have Valentine's Day in Brazil, but it happens on June 12, and we call it "Dia dos Namorados" (lit. "Lovers Day" or something like that).

02.14.2016, 03:34 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Recently re-watched The Wind Rises with my mom and sister. Ah, I love it so much.
--------
Exams...assignments.....etc...keeping me busy. I have to be careful though.

Post last edited by Lynnie on 02.18.2016, 07:59 PM.

02.18.2016, 07:57 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Where has everybody gone? It is very unusual for two whole days to go by with no other postings but mine???

02.22.2016, 01:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
belborges
Ohmu

I've been really distracted lately, sometimes I forget to check out the Tavern... But I won't be gone for good, you'll still see me around.

02.22.2016, 10:37 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah I've been pretty busy too. I've been training for and starting my job. I had my first shift on Saturday!

02.23.2016, 12:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks